Shoutbox

internet radio broadcasting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: internet radio broadcasting (/showthread.php?tid=49017)

internet radio broadcasting by Lou on 08-15-2005 at 06:40 PM

I have always wanted a way to broadcast a radio for my website. The only way I found was pirateradio.com and its not free. Does anyone know of a way to broadcast a website radio station for free, and have a few people be able to broadcast on it [like have a few djs]

Thank you!

RE: internet radio broadcasting by NiteMare on 08-15-2005 at 07:11 PM

first you have to get a server which can cost a bit, or you can run it off your computer, try www.shoutcast.com

then you need a broadcaster, shoutcast also offers a plug in for winamp to be able to broadcast ro your server,

the server is the most prolbematic, it drains your bandwidth for every person that connects to your server, if you rrun it off your PC, you will not find any free shoutcast hosting sites, the demand on bandwith is simply to high,

RE: internet radio broadcasting by Rik on 08-15-2005 at 07:23 PM

try yahoo:
http://music.yahoo.com/launchcast/default.asp

RE: internet radio broadcasting by NiteMare on 08-15-2005 at 07:36 PM

launchcast is personal radio for you to program ant be braodcasted to you, your the listener, and nobody else

shoutcast allows you to broadt cast your own music, to other people

RE: internet radio broadcasting by Lou on 08-15-2005 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
shoutcast also offers a plug in for winamp to be able to broadcast ro your server,
quote:
Originally posted by Shoutcast download
# Download the latest version of Winamp 2.0 (SHOUTcast does not currently work with Winamp 3)

quote:
launchcast is personal radio for you to program ant be braodcasted to you, your the listener, and nobody else
I second that

quote:
first you have to get a server which can cost a bit
I guess I will forget this whole idea unless I win a free full paypal account in the next few days...lol so nope...thanks anyways guys. Guess I will forget this all.
RE: internet radio broadcasting by Concord Dawn on 08-15-2005 at 08:02 PM

Go with icecast. Much better than shotucast.

www.icecast.org

RE: internet radio broadcasting by NiteMare on 08-15-2005 at 08:03 PM

lol well you could download the server program and host it your self if you have a broadband connection

RE: internet radio broadcasting by Lou on 08-15-2005 at 08:05 PM

quote:
lol well you could download the server program and host it your self if you have a broadband connection
Im on cable but if I host on my computer itll make me lag shit wont it? I mean my computer is very slow:'(
RE: internet radio broadcasting by NiteMare on 08-15-2005 at 08:12 PM

lol, it could

RE: internet radio broadcasting by ShawnZ on 08-15-2005 at 08:31 PM

VLC > Icecast > Shoutcast