Shoutbox

Another idea - not being able to speak - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Another idea - not being able to speak (/showthread.php?tid=49049)

Another idea - not being able to speak by simsgenius on 08-16-2005 at 02:54 PM

What happens is, only selected people are able to speak in the conversation. The rest have to remain silent.

This means that if people are doing an online reality game over msn with an audience or a press release for a website or something, they could do it without the people interupting.

RE: Another idea - not being able to speak by Stigmata on 08-16-2005 at 02:54 PM

Stuffplug ignore option...

RE: Another idea - not being able to speak by Millenium_edition on 08-16-2005 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
Stuffplug ignore option...
wrong, stuffplug ignore prevents conversations from being started, actually ignoring the messages is not possible yet.
RE: Another idea - not being able to speak by RaceProUK on 08-17-2005 at 03:36 PM

Wrong, SPNG does actually drop messages sent :P
I've tested that myself.

RE: Another idea - not being able to speak by Millenium_edition on 08-17-2005 at 03:40 PM

it does :|

http://www.stuffplug.com

(sorry, my bad)

RE: Another idea - not being able to speak by CookieRevised on 08-17-2005 at 03:52 PM

However, the messages are only ignored locally. Other contacts will still see them. It can not ignore/blank out messages sent to a mass convo for all users.

There is no way you can moderate a mass convo like you can on IRC. The MSN Messenger protocol simply doesn't support something like that.

RE: Another idea - not being able to speak by RaceProUK on 08-17-2005 at 07:15 PM

The other option is to write your own MSNP server, or a plugin all participants have that does the ignore stuff automatically.