Shoutbox

everytime i login it shows people whove signed on - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: everytime i login it shows people whove signed on (/showthread.php?tid=49070)

everytime i login it shows people whove signed on by dennis on 08-17-2005 at 04:04 AM

ever since i have installled Messenger Plus 3...
when i sign on it will show such and such has just signed in i mean that its all my contacts just go pop up at the side and say such and such has just signed in and its getting annoying and keeps crashin my old comp but not my new one because its faster and more ram but if you know anything about this please reply
the programs that im using are: stuff plug and a-patch

RE: everytime i login it shows people whove signed on by matty on 08-17-2005 at 04:07 AM

Its not a problem with Plus! but your connection to the internet/MSN Messenger. MSN Messenger responds slow to tell you who is signed in when you first sign in. Thus when you get signed in MSN Messenger gets the rest of the contacts and displays the toasts.

RE: everytime i login it shows people whove signed on by dennis on 08-17-2005 at 04:26 AM

is there any way i can get rid of it

RE: everytime i login it shows people whove signed on by matty on 08-17-2005 at 04:49 AM

Tools > Options > Alerts and Sounds > Uncheck "Display alerts when contacts come online"

Other then that no.

RE: everytime i login it shows people whove signed on by John Anderton on 08-17-2005 at 04:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Tools > Options > Alerts and Sounds > Uncheck "Display alerts when contacts come online"

Other then that no.
I had the same problem with the 1st msn 7 public beta :)
It solved itself in the latter versions .... and i wouldnt like that setting to be changed honestly cause if you are waiting for someone to come online and when he/she comes online .... you wouldnt be notified :sad:

Are you sure you have the latest version of msn messenger Dennis ??