Shoutbox

Multiple message wont work - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Multiple message wont work (/showthread.php?tid=49125)

Multiple message wont work by laksamana on 08-18-2005 at 01:49 PM

I'm using msn7.0.0.816 and  Messenger Plus 3.54.132.
I'm trying to use the multiple auto reply at personalized status. I've seperate my messages with # tag and only 7 message. but  it dosnt work properly, it promted out all together and not in sequences.

:[Why Chicken Cross The Road? :[ auto-message: Please Enter Your Password               #Invalid Password.Plz try Again              #Your ID Has Been Locked.              #Alert! Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!               #Intruder Alert!                            #Self Defence System Activated.                                         #Intercontinental Missile Launched!

anyone can help? Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

RE: Multiple message wont work by L. Coyote on 08-18-2005 at 01:57 PM

Are you sure you put each message in a new line?

Example:
Hello!
#I said hello!
#How rude!

RE: Multiple message wont work by laksamana on 08-18-2005 at 02:07 PM

something like this right?

RE: Multiple message wont work by L. Coyote on 08-18-2005 at 02:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by laksamana
something like this right?
Yes. :)

Does it work now?
RE: Multiple message wont work by laksamana on 08-18-2005 at 02:14 PM

no ofcos, haha. That's what i've been doing, it just dont want to work though. Any idea?

RE: Multiple message wont work by CookieRevised on 08-18-2005 at 02:14 PM

quote:
but  it dosnt work properly, it promted out all together and not in sequences.
because you did not entered the seperate sentences on new lines but simply added spaces on the one and only first line...

Make sure you begin a new line by pressing <ENTER> or <CTRL><ENTER>...
thus not by adding more spaces to the end of the line until the cursor is on another line...

This is basic knowledge though and this is how every textbox works in Windows. When you simply add spaces until the cursor jumps to another line, the line is not finished, the text just wraps around because it can't be showed on 1 line...

To get to a new line (in every program in Windows) you press <ENTER> or <CTRL><ENTER> (depending on which application and which textbox, but in Plus! both will work)....
RE: Multiple message wont work by L. Coyote on 08-18-2005 at 02:15 PM

quote:
no ofcos, haha. That's what i've been doing, it just dont want to work though. Any idea?
On a better look, and sorry for realizing this so late, you don't have to put the # on the first line. Just on the lines after the first one.
RE: RE: Multiple message wont work by CookieRevised on 08-18-2005 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Regexp
quote:
On a better look, and sorry for realizing this so late, you don't have to put the # on the first line. Just on the lines after the first one.

Look a bit better again ;) His first "line" is:
Please Enter Your Password
It doesn't start with # ;)
RE: Multiple message wont work by L. Coyote on 08-18-2005 at 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Look a bit better again ;) His first "line" is:
Please Enter Your Password
It doesn't start with # ;)
Meh, I was looking at the screenshot. :tongue:

* L. Coyote shuts up.

(Y)
RE: Multiple message wont work by laksamana on 08-18-2005 at 02:24 PM

Bingo! Yes i tried enter but it will close the window and then i used the space bar. Ya&#65292;ctrl +enter solved my problem. Thanks a lot. ^_^

RE: Multiple message wont work by ShawnZ on 08-18-2005 at 02:25 PM

Is it really that realistic if you type like 'Plz' and 'Alert!!!!!!!!!!' :undecided:

RE: RE: Multiple message wont work by CookieRevised on 08-18-2005 at 02:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Is it really that realistic if you type like 'Plz' and 'Alert!!!!!!!!!!' :undecided:
Why comment on the messages he choose to use???

Must it be realistic? It is obviously done as a joke

quote:
Intercontinental Missile Launched!

RE: RE: Multiple message wont work by laksamana on 08-18-2005 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ

well..................not really. it's a terrorist attack

PS:By the way, cookie ur signature is soooo coooooool.
RE: Multiple message wont work by CookieRevised on 08-18-2005 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Bingo! Yes i tried enter but it will close the window and then i used the space bar. Ya&#65292;ctrl +enter solved my problem. Thanks a lot. ^_^
What is your version of Messenger Plus! (full version please, you can find it in the "About Window" of Messenger Plus!)
And what is your Windows version?

Because normally <ENTER> should work also because the OK button on the preferences window is not set as a default button.

---------------

quote:
By the way, cookie ur signature is soooo coooooool.
thank you

PS: don't try to double post, it is against the rules. If you want to add something to a previous post, use the [Image: edit.gif] button under a previous post instead ;)

RE: RE: Multiple message wont work by laksamana on 08-18-2005 at 02:40 PM

quote:

PS: don't try to double post, it is against the rules. If you want to add something to a previous post, use the [Image: edit.gif] button under a previous post instead ;)

My apology.

My version as below
Messenger Plus 3.54.132 msn 7.0 build 7.0.0816
I edit the mutiple message using the status at msn window not from the preference in plus window, maybe that's why ENTER kye will close the window.

RE: RE: RE: Multiple message wont work by CookieRevised on 08-18-2005 at 03:00 PM

quote:
My version as below
I edit the mutiple message using the status at msn window not from the preference in plus window, maybe that's why ENTER kye will close the window.
That's curious because in the personalised status popup window there is no way you can set the personalised message as you showed in your screenshot...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=515325]
your screenshot clearly shows this is in the preferences
RE: Multiple message wont work by laksamana on 08-18-2005 at 03:12 PM

There is but temporarily (just noticed that), once I signed off, it's gone.  Yes, I need to go to the preferences to save it in the preset.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
My version as below
That's curious because in the personalised status popup window there is no way you can set the personalised message as you showed in your screenshot...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=515325]
your screenshot clearly shows this is in the preferences

:$, shame on me.....
I did modify it on the preferences without noticing what i've done. At first, I edit it in the msn window, ENTER, and gone. Later on I went to preferences and back to the msn window again.......haha. Sorry for the trouble.