Shoutbox

"Out to Lunch" plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: "Out to Lunch" plugin (/showthread.php?tid=49136)

"Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-18-2005 at 08:01 PM

Hey I rarely use the "Out To Lunch" status because I have a custom eating status. Anyways cant a plugin made so that it can detect between a selected hours it can change it automatically to "Out To Breakfast" or "Out To Dinner" because "Out To Lunch" at 8PM just sounds wrong to me and I never use it.

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by M73A on 08-18-2005 at 08:07 PM

i like this idea!

does anyone who knows about this know if its hard?

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by Millenium_edition on 08-18-2005 at 08:10 PM

why not just stick to custom statuses? they're there for a reason :s

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by multimillion2k on 08-18-2005 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Hey I rarely use the "Out To Lunch" status because I have a custom eating status. Anyways cant a plugin made so that it can detect between a selected hours it can change it automatically to "Out To Breakfast" or "Out To Dinner" because "Out To Lunch" at 8PM just sounds wrong to me and I never use it.

That would be a nifty feature, but at the moment it's not possible because it would require your contact to install the patch/plugin as well - if they don't have it, no matter what time of day it is or how many meals you're out to your contact's list will still show you as being out to lunch!
[Image: attachment.php?pid=465270]

*Sorry Supersonicdarky, I was referring to the first post.
RE: RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by Supersonicdarky on 08-18-2005 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
That would be a nifty feature, but at the moment it's not possible because it would require your contact to install the patch/plugin as well - if they don't have it, no matter what time of day it is or how many meals you're out to your contact's list will still show you as being out to lunch!
[Image: attachment.php?pid=465270]

no they don't, it will still be a custom status, except that it changes automaticly at certain hours :undecided:
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by Plik on 08-18-2005 at 09:14 PM

You can use the scheduler in plus to change your status at certain times of the day.

RE: RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by Supersonicdarky on 08-18-2005 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Madman
You can use the scheduler in plus to change your status at certain times of the day.

that's not what he meant

what he needs is a scheduler that changes the status pre-set at sertain times of day, not change the status which he has because he doesn't east at the EXACT same time every day

but it would be easier if you just had 3-4 presets and used a different one everytime:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=515602]
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-18-2005 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
that's not what he meant

what he needs is a scheduler that changes the status pre-set at sertain times of day, not change the status which he has because he doesn't east at the EXACT same time every day

but it would be easier if you just had 3-4 presets and used a different one everytime:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=515602]
Um no it wouldnt be easier lol the whole point of the plugin is to choose "Out To Lunch" and automatically according to the time of day it would adjust to "Out To Breakfast" or "Out To Dinner". And it wouldnt require Plus! or anything else because its a custom status which (I think) dont require the other person to have Plus!.
This plugin is VERY possible.

BTW Supersonicdarky.....its very stupid to have a Out To Lunch MSN Messenger status and a Out To Lunch Custom Status.....I see no point to it....The only is a auto-reply message but thats it.
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by Plik on 08-18-2005 at 09:31 PM

quote:
And it wouldnt require Plus! or anything else because its a custom status which (I think) dont require the other person to have Plus!.
Plus custom statuses do require the other person to have plus. Other wise they see {Status tag} in your name.
I dont really see the point of this plugin when the same effect can be acheived by using 3-4 custom statuses
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by Ezra on 08-18-2005 at 09:42 PM

And to use a plugin you need plus! :P

And to see the plugin's special status you need the plugin :P

Why not just make a custom status and let the task scheduler change your status

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-18-2005 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Madman
quote:
And it wouldnt require Plus! or anything else because its a custom status which (I think) dont require the other person to have Plus!.
Plus custom statuses do require the other person to have plus. Other wise they see {Status tag} in your name.
I dont really see the point of this plugin when the same effect can be acheived by using 3-4 custom statuses
Why waste time making 3-4 other statuses when one plugin automatically detects the time of day and by clicking "Out to Lunch" changes it automatically? What part of that do you NOT understand?
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
And to use a plugin you need plus! :P
And to see the plugin's special status you need the plugin :P
Why not just make a custom status and let the task scheduler change your status
Do I eat at the same time EVERYDAY? No.
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by multimillion2k on 08-18-2005 at 10:14 PM

What you're asking for has complications.

quote:
Why waste time making 3-4 other statuses when one plugin automatically detects the time of day and by clicking "Out to Lunch" changes it automatically? What part of that do you NOT understand?
Even if this was possible, your contact would still need to have something installed that would interpret either your special status, your local time, or both. At the moment it isn't possible for your contact to see a status like this through Messenger alone.
At this point, the easiest way to get this feature is by sending Microsoft a nice friendly email and a box of chocolates.

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by EvilSeph on 08-19-2005 at 12:01 AM

How about you just use "Away" for now hmm? It's generic enough.

Facts:

Messenger Plus! will be needed IF this is a plugin, based on where this topic has been created, it should be.

Your contacts will NOT need the plugin as it would generally just utilise the Custom Statuses feature that Messenger Plus! provides, which means your contacts will need Messenger Plus! in order for this to be successful.

However, the plugin will need to:
[*]determine the time of day (easy to do)
[*]activate when you set your status to "Out to Lunch"
[*]Set the custom status according to the time of day determined by the plugin.

Currently this isn't do-able without Messenger Plus!'s custom statuses feature and is not do-able without a plugin to interpret the system time + set the corresponding status.

Now stop biting everyone, all they're doing is trying to help. It's not possible, yet. I wouldn't have had to reply if you would have only read what the other people posted.

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-19-2005 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
Even if this was possible, your contact would still need to have something installed that would interpret either your special status, your local time, or both. At the moment it isn't possible for your contact to see a status like this through Messenger alone.
At this point, the easiest way to get this feature is by sending Microsoft a nice friendly email and a box of chocolates.
People do not understand it seems...
The "special status" yes because it would be a custom status but why the f*ck do they have to know my local time? That would depend on the client side to set it as a normal "Out To Lunch" or a special status "Out To Dinner" "Out To Breakfast". Some of your dont read or dont understand.

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by multimillion2k on 08-19-2005 at 12:29 AM

My apologies, I did misinterpret your original post. A plugin would be very possible and reasonably simple to construct provided you possessed sufficient programming knowledge..

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by gif83 on 08-19-2005 at 12:53 AM

if you are worried at the moment about lunch defining a time or that having separate custom statuses would be too much hassle, why not (while you are waiting for someone to create a plugin) use a single custom status, somewhere along the lines of :

"can't talk.. eating!"

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-22-2005 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gif83
if you are worried at the moment about lunch defining a time or that having separate custom statuses would be too much hassle, why not (while you are waiting for someone to create a plugin) use a single custom status, somewhere along the lines of :

"can't talk.. eating!"
For all I use a generic {Eating} Im Eating

"Out to x" would be better

And sorry that I got a bit fustrated and angered.

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by L. Coyote on 08-22-2005 at 02:47 AM

Ok, this might not be what you want, and might be a little bit buggy (I tested it once and it gave me a correct tag).

This compares the time of the day and changes your status to "away" + the "Out to ..." status tag. Your contact only needs Messenger Plus! to see the tag (as with any custom status). But the plugin, of course, is not needed by anyone else but you. :)

The status tags will be: "Breakfast" between 6am and 10am; "Lunch" between 11am and 2pm; "Snack" between 3pm and 6pm; "Dinner" between 7pm and 11pm; "Snack" between 12am and 5am. (If you want me to change them, PM me :)).

To install, simply put it in the Plugins folder of Messenger Plus! (usually "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins") and run the OutToPlug.reg file (to add the little info to the registry).

To set your status, simply type "/xotset" in a conversation window and it'll do the rest. :)

Anyway, you can download it from here: OutToPlug 0.2.7.

If this isn't what you wanted, sorry. I'll delete my post. (Y)

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by aNILEator on 08-22-2005 at 01:29 PM

hey why not use a quick text?

people underestimate the power of a well written quick text often [Image: msn_grin.gif]

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by mwe99 on 08-22-2005 at 01:40 PM

I would be quite a fan of this but times would be hard, what some people call lunch, others called dinner etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Regexp
To install, simply put it in the Plugins folder of Messenger Plus! (usually "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins") and run the OutToPlug.reg file (to add the little info to the registry).

Can i just remind people they need to exit MSN and Plus before they put a plugin in the directory too :)

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-23-2005 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Ok, this might not be what you want, and might be a little bit buggy (I tested it once and it gave me a correct tag).

This compares the time of the day and changes your status to "away" + the "Out to ..." status tag. Your contact only needs Messenger Plus! to see the tag (as with any custom status). But the plugin, of course, is not needed by anyone else but you. :)

The status tags will be: "Breakfast" between 6am and 10am; "Lunch" between 11am and 2pm; "Snack" between 3pm and 6pm; "Dinner" between 7pm and 11pm; "Snack" between 12am and 5am. (If you want me to change them, PM me :)).

To set your status, simply type "/xotset" in a conversation window and it'll do the rest. :)

Anyway, you can download it from here: OutToPlug 0.1.1.

If this isn't what you wanted, sorry. I'll delete my post. (Y)
Its perfect and If you dont mind another version would be great because Id really like to customize the times for breakfast and such and ect without bothering you. If your too busy then just forget it Ill get use to it but Id think alot of people would like a small plugin like this :)
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by L. Coyote on 08-23-2005 at 11:45 PM

All right, I'm making a few modifications, and it should be up soon (I'll update my previous post when it's done).

It should allow you to choose 6 diffent time gaps and put whatever text you want after "Out to" (if you want to be able to modify that part too, tell me).

Edit: Done. The new version should let you change everything in it. :)

Edit 24/08/2005: Yeah, sorry, you need to configure it first! Else it might not work. I'll do some modifications to it later.

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-24-2005 at 10:59 PM

quote:
All right, I'm making a few modifications, and it should be up soon (I'll update my previous post when it's done).

It should allow you to choose 6 diffent time gaps and put whatever text you want after "Out to" (if you want to be able to modify that part too, tell me).

Edit: Done. The new version should let you change everything in it. :)
Ive downloaded and im reloading the plugins now. It sounds perfect.
Edit: Hmm it seems that Plus! doesnt even find the .dll as a plugin. I put in there with MSN shut down and ran the reg file and booted up again MSN but it doesnt find it as a plugin.
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by L. Coyote on 08-24-2005 at 11:26 PM

quote:
Edit: Hmm it seems that Plus! doesnt even find the .dll as a plugin. I put in there with MSN shut down and ran the reg file and booted up again MSN but it doesnt find it as a plugin.
Hmmm....

Try going doing this after exiting MSN Messenger (sorry!):

> Go to Start menu
> Run...
> type cmd
> press OK or hit the ENTER key
> on the DOS window type:
> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\OutToPlug.dll"

It should register the DLL file.

Edit: the path part "Program Files" might be different in other languages.

Edit 2:
quote:
(you put a space between messenger and plus....happens to me too)
Meh, that's my path. With a space. :P
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-24-2005 at 11:29 PM

quote:
quote:
Hmmm....

Try going doing this after exiting MSN Messenger (sorry!):

> Go to Start menu
> Run...
> type cmd
> press OK or hit the ENTER key
> on the DOS window type:
> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\OutToPlug.dll"

It should register the DLL file.
OK registered regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\Plugins\OutToPlug.dll" (you put a space between messenger and plus....happens to me too) and result is....

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by L. Coyote on 08-24-2005 at 11:38 PM

quote:
It finds it and works :)
But when I click on my name in the main contact window and click on out to lunch it stays out to lunch (not displaying anything else) and right now its 1:33AM so it should be out to snack according to how you've configured it.
Thanks alot for the plugin but not what Im looking for.
:p You need to configure it first.

Edit: Plus! => Plugins => OutToPlug => Configure
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-25-2005 at 01:17 AM

quote:
quote:
It finds it and works :)
But when I click on my name in the main contact window and click on out to lunch it stays out to lunch (not displaying anything else) and right now its 1:33AM so it should be out to snack according to how you've configured it.
Thanks alot for the plugin but not what Im looking for.
:p You need to configure it first.

Edit: Plus! => Plugins => OutToPlug => Configure
I did configure it. I choose "Out To Lunch" as my status but it still says "Out To Lunch".

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by L. Coyote on 08-25-2005 at 01:24 AM

quote:
I did configure it. I choose "Out To Lunch" as my status but it still says "Out To Lunch".
Um, no. It doesn't work that way (yet). For now, simply type the /xotset command in a conversation window.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: if anyone wants to point me into the right direction to set a custom status on status change, feel free to PM me.
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-25-2005 at 08:11 PM

quote:
quote:
Um, no. It doesn't work that way (yet). For now, simply type the /xotset command in a conversation window.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: if anyone wants to point me into the right direction to set a custom status on status change, feel free to PM me.
OH Ok I can only do it with that command thru a conversation ok i see. Thanks! BTW Do you have any other plugins?
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by L. Coyote on 08-25-2005 at 08:24 PM

quote:
OH Ok I can only do it with that command thru a conversation ok i see. Thanks! BTW Do you have any other plugins?
I used to have another plugin, it can be found in my site. But it's old and kind of useless (converts text case, also via commands).

I'm not very "fluent" with this kind of programming, so I haven't done much more or complex things.
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-25-2005 at 08:32 PM

quote:
quote:
I used to have another plugin, it can be found in my site. But it's old and kind of useless (converts text case, also via commands).

I'm not very "fluent" with this kind of programming, so I haven't done much more or complex things.
Whats your site?

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by L. Coyote on 08-25-2005 at 08:35 PM

My site is: blog.mimsn.com.ar

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by riahc4 on 08-28-2005 at 12:31 AM

quote:
My site is: blog.mimsn.com.ar
WOW You updated it with an installer and everything :) Thanks for making this plugin Ragexp (it works great) and I wish you luck on those "other projects" you have planned.
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by qgroessl on 08-28-2005 at 12:36 AM

Nice! Works perfect for what it's for. Good job!

RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin by L. Coyote on 08-28-2005 at 07:46 AM

Ok, upon investigating a little, I found out how to set the status and unset it when you choose MSN Messenger's "Out to Lunch".

I only tested it on my computer, so I don't guarantee that it'll work 100% ok.

mimsn.com.ar/plugins/OutToPlug-0.2.22.exe