Shoutbox

I locked messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I locked messenger (/showthread.php?tid=49140)

I locked messenger by Morg_Mais on 08-18-2005 at 09:37 PM

[font=Arial][color=purple][size=2]HELP ME!!! I locked my messenger and totally forgot 8o|the password to it how do i reset the password without opening messenger??

RE: I locked messenger by Tochjo on 08-18-2005 at 09:51 PM

You can close the Messenger process by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del (look for msnmsgr for MSN Messenger or msmsgr for Windows Messenger) and reopening Messenger afterwards. You then have access to the Plus! Preferences menu.

You could also simply restart your computer.

RE: I locked messenger by Morg_Mais on 08-18-2005 at 09:55 PM

okay thank you... i already tried to resart but it didn't work but i will try ctrl+alt+del

i tryed ctrl+alt+del & it didnt work

RE: I locked messenger by Ezra on 08-18-2005 at 10:02 PM

Then it's not the Msgplus lock, because that will only lock messenger till msn is closed or you restart, or you know the right pass..

And because you already restarted and closed messenger, it can't be plus!

RE: I locked messenger by EvilSeph on 08-18-2005 at 11:38 PM

Or you are trying to get us to help you get the password that someone else set when they locked MSN Messenger or the password that YOU said when you locked MSN Messenger, in which case, we won't help you - actually, we can't help you.

And please try not to double post, use the Edit button to edit your previous post instead.

RE: RE: I locked messenger by CookieRevised on 08-18-2005 at 11:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Morg_Mais
okay thank you... i already tried to resart but it didn't work but i will try ctrl+alt+del

A restart would always work (if it is Plus! that is locking Messenger) because Plus! will not lock Messenger automatically at all; you explicitly need to invoke the locking process.

------

On a very remote possebility it is possible that some dodgy plugin of Messenger Plus! is locking Messenger all the time (although I never heared of some plugin doing that)...

To fix this, as said use CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill the msgplus.exe process and the msnmsgr.exe process. After that delete the plugins folder of Messenger Plus! and all should be well...