Shoutbox

Msn 7 problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msn 7 problem (/showthread.php?tid=49181)

Msn 7 problem by _AL_ on 08-19-2005 at 12:47 PM

Recently my msn7 has been freezing ( when opening a convosation. It freezes from around 6-30 seconds which is really annoying. i tried to go back to msn 6.2 but it just made me update to 7. So im bound to win mes (which works fine)

any suggestions?*-)

thanks,
al

RE: Msn 7 problem by mwe99 on 08-19-2005 at 01:03 PM

Are you/your contacts using DDP (Dynamic Display Pictures)?

RE: Msn 7 problem by _AL_ on 08-19-2005 at 02:46 PM

no, i just had it freeze for 1 min. It's quite annoying

RE: Msn 7 problem by M73A on 08-19-2005 at 05:39 PM

are u using a dynamic background? (im not sure if these lag convo's but if dynamic display pictures do i don't see why these wouldn't:P)

or anything that wasnt in msn 6 which may be different and causing msn to work extremely slowly

RE: Msn 7 problem by lordy on 08-20-2005 at 12:49 AM

i had this problem a while ago.... then it just disappeared, which i thought was weird :S

RE: Msn 7 problem by RebelSean on 08-20-2005 at 03:27 AM

What are you system specs? Have you scanned for adware/spyware? Do you have alot of winks installed? Give us some information about your computer ;)

By the way, here is the link for the version of MSN Messenger 6.2 that does not make you upgrade (AFAIK):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...b10&DisplayLang=en

RE: Msn 7 problem by _AL_ on 08-20-2005 at 12:52 PM

Thanks for the link to 6.2...
I do have some adware that im tring to get rid off(every time my mum uses the pc i get some random icons and an annoying toolbar :@) but it was working fine then suddenly slowed down.. I dont use "dynamic background" or god awful "winks".
The only add-ons i use on msn is Msn+ and IEDP2