Shoutbox

Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? (/showthread.php?tid=49201)

Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by tonediary on 08-19-2005 at 09:16 PM

Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ???

RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by Supersonicdarky on 08-19-2005 at 09:22 PM

no it's not possible, that is why it's called invisible, because others can't see you

RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by tonediary on 08-19-2005 at 09:25 PM

i heard it from a friend thats why i asked...
that would be really useful for me :(

what if i know the password of that user ?
would that be helpful ?   any other way to see if shes actually online rather than seeing it with messenger plus and plug ins ?
any idea ?

RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by multimillion2k on 08-19-2005 at 09:37 PM

I'm sure this would be useful to everyone, but it's an invasion of privacy. If you really want to see if she's online, why don't you go to her house with some flowers and chocolate and ask her?

RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by tonediary on 08-19-2005 at 09:45 PM

ok i found the right program for it and it works :) thanks anyway...

by the way theres no way i am going to her house :) we broke up because of her :)

RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by absorbation on 08-19-2005 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tonediary

by the way theres no way i am going to her house :) we broke up because of her :)

there is no program and that so called program is probably a virus
RE: RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by tonediary on 08-19-2005 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:

there is no program and that so called program is probably a virus

msgdiscovery

"Alert me when a contact signs in offline"

RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by dylan! on 08-19-2005 at 09:55 PM

you could call them instead of going to their house:P

RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by multimillion2k on 08-19-2005 at 09:59 PM

I can't access msgdiscovery.com at the mo :|

RE: RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by tonediary on 08-19-2005 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dylan!
you could call them instead of going to their house:P

she send 3 sms to me last monday.. things like she misses me ..i cannot forgive her for what she did... but i still want to know about what she does :P;)

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
I can't access msgdiscovery.com at the mo :|

when you download it you will see its possible to see when a contact signs in offline....
RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by absorbation on 08-19-2005 at 10:05 PM

the messenger server i dont think allows this :S

RE: RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by tonediary on 08-19-2005 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
the messenger server i dont think allows this :S

seems like they allow it mate
RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by user27089 on 08-19-2005 at 10:08 PM

I doubt that it would allow it, when a contact is appearing offline, it can only receive connections, it can't send them. When you're online, you connect to others computers, whereas, with this one, you don't sound out that connection.

RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by Millenium_edition on 08-19-2005 at 10:09 PM

it is possible to see when they sign in, but that will also happen when they change their nick on invisible status, so it is not reliable!

you can not check at any time when he/she is invisible though.

oh and absorbation, please do not spread false information and please don't post about things you're not 100% sure of

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I doubt that it would allow it, when a contact is appearing offline, it can only receive connections, it can't send them. When you're online, you connect to others computers, whereas, with this one, you don't sound out that connection.
what does that have to do with what he asks?
RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by user27089 on 08-19-2005 at 10:14 PM

Is that not what he asked?

RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by lordy on 08-20-2005 at 12:55 AM

i always thought that it couldnt be done either, because yer... like traxor said, it only connects to the msn servers, the servers don't then send out a thing saying that the person has signed in until they change their status to something other than appear offline? thats what ive always been told anyway

RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by qgroessl on 08-20-2005 at 11:41 AM

quote:

I haven't had MDX for a while... but I think that that's meant for "alert me when a contact goes offline"... could be wrong though... Because I always had it tell me when they got offline.
RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by sabah89 on 08-20-2005 at 12:49 PM

I'm a bit confused...why would you want to know if a contact is signing in as offline? When someone is on offline status they can't send messages to anyone, so there wouldn't really be a possibility of them doing anything.

RE: RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by tonediary on 08-20-2005 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
quote:

I haven't had MDX for a while... but I think that that's meant for "alert me when a contact goes offline"... could be wrong though... Because I always had it tell me when they got offline.

No there are two options...
"Alert me when a contact goes offline"
RE: Is there any way to see an offline (invisible) contact online ??? by Millenium_edition on 08-21-2005 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
i always thought that it couldnt be done either, because yer... like traxor said, it only connects to the msn servers, the servers don't then send out a thing saying that the person has signed in until they change their status to something other than appear offline? thats what ive always been told anyway
you totally misunderstood traxor's post... :-/

and please, i have posted the correct answer, keep it to this unless you have more questions on this matter :-/