Shoutbox

Deleting Private Messages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Deleting Private Messages (/showthread.php?tid=49230)

Deleting Private Messages by user27089 on 08-20-2005 at 03:33 PM

I have a hell of a lot of private messages, and I had to just go through them all, to delete each individual page. After deleting one page though, it immediately sent you back to the Inbox, so it involved a lot of clicking!

I had to take the following steps, simply to delete my messages:

Go to inbox, press highlight all, press "delete", I had to do this on around 10 pages over and over again, then it was: Go to trash can, press the highlight all button, and then press delete, it then sent me back to the inbox, so I had to press the trash can button again, highlight all, delete and so on and so forth.

My problem with this is that it sends the deleted messages to the Trash Can, when if you want it in there, you would simply select "Trash Can" in the dropdown box and press "Move", why aren't the messages deleted rather than sent to another place, it's not deleting anything, simply moving it, making the move button pretty stupid imo.

Also, can we have a "delete all messages" button, as the whole going through every page thing, is just plain annoying...

RE: Deleting Private Messages by absorbation on 08-20-2005 at 03:49 PM

i agreee i got confused when i last tryed to delete these messages :sad:

but i think you would have to talk to mybb about this and with gold so near we would have to wait until we get that up and running :wink:

* absorbation likes the idea

RE: Deleting Private Messages by Ezra on 08-20-2005 at 04:07 PM

Send A PM to Chris ;)

RE: Deleting Private Messages by qgroessl on 08-20-2005 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
My problem with this is that it sends the deleted messages to the Trash Can, when if you want it in there, you would simply select "Trash Can" in the dropdown box and press "Move", why aren't the messages deleted rather than sent to another place, it's not deleting anything, simply moving it, making the move button pretty stupid imo.

That's so that you don't accidently delete something important... Same thing with Email usually.. Hotmail's goes to the trash can, outlook does too.
RE: Deleting Private Messages by Tochjo on 08-20-2005 at 06:26 PM

My dear traxor, surely you are aware of the 'Empty Folders' option? This page would be perfect for the job :)

RE: Deleting Private Messages by user27089 on 08-20-2005 at 06:27 PM

The problem with that feature is that it also sends it to the Trash Can... :rolleyes:...

RE: Deleting Private Messages by Tochjo on 08-20-2005 at 06:28 PM

No it doesn't?

RE: Deleting Private Messages by user27089 on 08-20-2005 at 06:30 PM

It sent them to the trash can for me :s...

RE: Deleting Private Messages by John Anderton on 08-20-2005 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
No it doesn't?
It doesnt trax .... trust me i use it all the time ;)
Just select all the folders and the trash can ones too ... just tell it to keep the unread ones (if any) and you are done ;)