Shoutbox

HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed (/showthread.php?tid=49250)

HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed by Grace on 08-20-2005 at 11:05 PM

I follow  the step that may73alliance wrote but always pop out a window says

use the /nick command

- type /nick
-goto the msgplus sign on the left of the convo window
-text colour formatting tag
-select colour
-type name
-press enter

''Sorry. This command is either not recognised or an error occurred during its processing. If the message was not supposed to be a command , please type a double'//' at its beginning.''

what can I do, help me out here , please ~~~~~  ^o)

RE: HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed by Zephyr on 08-20-2005 at 11:15 PM

Just follow the instructions in this tutorial :)

How do I add colors to my display name?

RE: HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed by user27089 on 08-20-2005 at 11:23 PM

In the conversation window do the following:

Type in "/nick" (without the "" obviously)...
Press space
press ctrl+k
choose your colour
type your desired name
press enter...

RE: HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed by Grace on 08-20-2005 at 11:32 PM

ths 4 ur respones,but there is no ''insert format tag'' and log this chat~~~it looks really different ~

what i have under plus are
open log files
event log window
lock log window
task scheduler
contact list
clean-up
sound library
configuration wizard
preferences...
online help
about

what should I do ~~

RE: HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed by Zephyr on 08-20-2005 at 11:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Grace
what i have under plus are
open log files
event log window
lock log window
task scheduler
contact list
clean-up
sound library
configuration wizard
preferences...
online help
about

That's the drop down menu when you click plus on the main messenger window. You do not need this menu at all to get a coloured nick name.

Just follow the steps in the tutorial i posted.

quote:
Originally posted by tutorial
1. Open a chat window and type "/nick ". This command allows you to modify your nickname and fully supports Multi-Format tags.

2. Press Ctrl+K to select the color you want.

[Image: con-addcolor.png]

3. Use Ctrl+R to add text style.

[Image: con-addstyle.png]

Note: You can add multiple colors and text styles anywhere in your name, just use Ctrl+K or Ctrl+R at the place where you want to start the color or style.

4. Press Enter to change your display name.

RE: RE: HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed by Grace on 08-21-2005 at 12:30 AM

:(
I follow the steps in the tutorial you posted.

quote:
1. Open a chat window and type "/nick ". This command allows you to modify your nickname and fully supports Multi-Format tags.

Note: You can add multiple colors and text styles anywhere in your name, just use Ctrl+K or Ctrl+R at the place where you want to start the color or style.

I do the Exactly what you said, but as the same , the window pop out with

''Sorry. This command is either not recognised or an error occurred during its processing. If the message was not supposed to be a command , please type a double'//' at its beginning.''

am I too somesthing~~~

RE: HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed by matty on 08-21-2005 at 12:42 AM

1. Open a conversation window with any contact
2. Type in /nick
3. Press the space bar - This is important and needs to be done
4. Hold CTRL and press the Letter K
5. Type the name you would like to appear.
6. Press Enter
If you want more colours follow Step 4 again.

Note: You have to make sure to put a space after you type in /nick or else it wont work. What happens if you type in

code:
/nick Test

Does the name change to the Test?
RE: HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed by Grace on 08-21-2005 at 12:50 AM

HAHAHA ~~~~~THE SPACE!!!!

you are wonderful ~~~~~KISS KISS KISS ~~~THANK YOU~~ THANK YOU ~~~ THANK YOU~~~

:(
I follow the steps in the tutorial you posted.

quote:

I do the Exactly what you said, but as the same , the window pop out with

am I too somesthing~~~

RE: HELP ,coloured text !! I Fllow but it failed by bubbilicious77 on 09-08-2005 at 04:43 AM

The same window pops up on mine...and is this the same thing as when people see you name on their sontact list that they can see it colored because that isnt working for me either and I have song shtat are supposed to play when certain people sign on and they arent workinf PLEASE HELP \[size=3][font=Arial][color=purple]