Shoutbox

Need help with my site plez - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Need help with my site plez (/showthread.php?tid=49255)

Need help with my site plez by Val on 08-21-2005 at 01:16 AM

Hey guys i need some html help im to lazy to test anyways im like 12 so i wouldent know but my website is http://www.psweb.tk and i want to to look like the movies page and insted when you click on mail it gives you a section in the next cell heres pic (the pic is photoshop) but i dont want to make a new page for every catagory

RE: Need help with my site plez by slick00000 on 08-21-2005 at 01:41 AM

um, i dont see the error.. is it on your site? or just in the pic

RE: Need help with my site plez by Val on 08-21-2005 at 01:46 AM

its a pic thats what i want to do on main page i think i need javascript but i dont know any .....look at my main page with the links and you will seee the theres catagories like mail, serch engines and other stuff like sports but what i want to do is make them open up like the pic i made (i know i made it fast)

RE: Need help with my site plez by slick00000 on 08-21-2005 at 02:27 AM

ok.. um can you send me a pic of what happens when you try to add in all the extra features or are you just trying to add the features... if so, please explain what you would like

RE: RE: Need help with my site plez by Val on 08-21-2005 at 02:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by slick00000
ok.. um can you send me a pic of what happens when you try to add in all the extra features or are you just trying to add the features... if so, please explain what you would like

The thing is i dont know how to make the fetures
RE: Need help with my site plez by slick00000 on 08-21-2005 at 03:14 AM

ok, so what would you like? for the features?

Explain Please

RE: RE: Need help with my site plez by Val on 08-21-2005 at 03:41 AM

quote:
ok, so what would you like? for the features?

Explain Please

Basicly have a the main page a have the layout like This

But have it on the main page and have the catogieos:

Search Engines
Mail
IM
IRC
PSP
Gaming
Maps
News
Weather
Entertainment
Sports

In the fist cell then when you click on one it says the info on the cell next to it (note i dont want to make a new page for each page) try using something with frames
RE: Need help with my site plez by mwe99 on 08-21-2005 at 03:44 AM

You would be best of using a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get tool) to create your site such as Frontpage etc. Then you can see what you want and create it to how you desire. Check out http://www.bravenet.com for some features for web developers.

RE: RE: Need help with my site plez by Val on 08-21-2005 at 03:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
You would be best of using a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get tool) to create your site such as Frontpage etc. Then you can see what you want and create it to how you desire. Check out http://www.bravenet.com for some features for web developers.

ok cool thanks but i can make what i want with html but im wondering how i could do it with javascript like this Website see theres not url change thats what i want
RE: Need help with my site plez by slick00000 on 08-21-2005 at 04:22 AM

hmmm... thats tough i understand what you mean... mabey if you made that part with flash? im not sure.... ill look into it... but mabey a site with flash is a good idea... its easy stuff and not hard to work with.. i can even help you. with updates and stuff. anyway ill look a bit into it... cant guarentee anything.

here... send me the html for the document.. ill see what i can do with it....my email is Slick__Whitty@hotmail.com i think i have an idea
RE: RE: Need help with my site plez by Val on 08-21-2005 at 04:31 AM

quote:
hmmm... thats tough i understand what you mean... mabey if you made that part with flash? im not sure.... ill look into it... but mabey a site with flash is a good idea... its easy stuff and not hard to work with.. i can even help you. with updates and stuff. anyway ill look a bit into it... cant guarentee anything.
here... send me the html for the document.. ill see what i can do with it....my email is Slick__Whitty@hotmail.com i think i have an idea

But the whole purpose of the site is to have a mobile and psp frinedy webiste and PSP dosent suport flash it dose java and php and everything ie dose but not flah and sockwave
RE: Need help with my site plez by slick00000 on 08-21-2005 at 05:12 AM

no clue what to say... i have no clue... sorry man!

RE: RE: Need help with my site plez by Val on 08-21-2005 at 03:25 PM

quote:
no clue what to say... i have no clue... sorry man!

oh ok i will give you an e.g Here

see how when you put your mouse over the litlle pictures on the bottom and then they show up full sized well thats what i want to do only with words on my website
RE: Need help with my site plez by albert on 08-22-2005 at 04:39 AM

I get what you mean, but as far as I know, the site u shown with the win xp theme is flash, not javascript, now if you want to do this with Java, I think you'd have to learn how to code it, it could be pretty long..

unless someone wants to do it for you..

RE: RE: Need help with my site plez by Val on 08-23-2005 at 03:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
I get what you mean, but as far as I know, the site u shown with the win xp theme is flash, not javascript, now if you want to do this with Java, I think you'd have to learn how to code it, it could be pretty long..

Wow what im thinking is small any ways i found a way to do it with froms but i think it would just decrease loading times and i think i should keep it simple ok heres a small poll who likes my curent webpage http://www.psweb.tk just reply lol kinda getting spamy
RE: Need help with my site plez by ShawnZ on 08-23-2005 at 03:51 AM

quote:

um no its not?

and for god sakes people, theres a difference between java and javascript!
RE: RE: Need help with my site plez by Val on 08-23-2005 at 03:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:

um no its not?

and for god sakes people, theres a difference between java and javascript!

Thats true
RE: Need help with my site plez by rix on 08-23-2005 at 09:06 AM

It can be done with PHP also or am I stuped? :P Anyway, what will link the Google/Yahoo page and what will link the mail page on your image?

PS! Fix your signature image. ;)