Shoutbox

[split] Antivirus suggestions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: [split] Antivirus suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=49292)

RE: virus by saralk on 03-13-2005 at 06:38 PM

my antivirus subscription expired today, so im in the market for a new one. Any suggestions? I dont want to get AVG, because I dont think the protection is as concise as other AVs

RE: virus by Anubis on 03-13-2005 at 06:44 PM

saralk, most anti viruses like Norton and McAfee offer the same level of protection...I'd go with one of them, I'm more tempted to go with McAfee because I've had very good experience with it, but I'm sure Norton is just as good.

RE: virus by saralk on 03-13-2005 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
saralk, most anti viruses like Norton and McAfee offer the same level of protection...I'd go with one of them, I'm more tempted to go with McAfee because I've had very good experience with it, but I'm sure Norton is just as good.

at the moment I have Norton, but im thinking of going with NOD32, does anyone know if it is good?
RE: virus by .Roy on 03-13-2005 at 06:57 PM

i use symantec corporate edition! NEVER LET ME DOWN!

RE: virus by Zephyr on 03-13-2005 at 10:59 PM

This thread has a bit of info about NOD32 Best Antivirus

RE: virus by Dane on 03-14-2005 at 03:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk

at the moment I have Norton, but im thinking of going with NOD32, does anyone know if it is good?
Norton is the best, NOD32 is Good (I'd rate it third, after McAfee), but it isnt very user friendly.
RE: virus by Hank on 03-14-2005 at 03:10 AM

i heard Corporate Edition was better than any other version of Norton

RE: virus by EastSystem on 03-14-2005 at 03:17 AM

Norton is so bad that it needs to block the wasteful threads in reg-page to save my poor comp limited resouces... however i am still using it lol