Shoutbox

Blocking by group - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Blocking by group (/showthread.php?tid=49341)

Blocking by group by lmoran on 08-22-2005 at 08:32 PM

There was a previous version of msgplus that allowed you to block all contacts in a group by right clicking over the group and then selecting "block/unblock group". I think it is very useful; in my case because I use the same MSN account at work and at home, so I'd like to block "Friends" group at work.

I know it can be done by writing a command at chat window, but you must be online to be able to do it.

So... I think it would be very useful if next version of msgplus has this option or another suggestion would be to have a "Group" in the window that appears after you click "Contact List Clean-Up..." item in Plus! menu (main window), so as to sort contacts by group and then block/unblock them.

Regards...
Luis

RE: Blocking by group by Dempsey on 08-22-2005 at 08:33 PM

This has already been added back into the next version of Messenger Plus! so you will be able to use it again soon :)

RE: Blocking by group by Lou on 08-22-2005 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
This has already been added back into the next version of Messenger Plus! so you will be able to use it again soon :)
awesome
RE: Blocking by group by lmoran on 08-22-2005 at 10:10 PM

Great!

RE: Blocking by group by Crazy_john on 08-25-2005 at 09:17 AM

thats good news :) for the next plus version.

right now i can block groups by type "/blockgrp <insert group name .

but my problem is to unblock the group, because box where we write our messages and the commands is closed and i canīt write there because its locked.

any sulotion for this or i have to unlock 1 by 1   ?

ty

RE: Blocking by group by Sunshine on 08-25-2005 at 10:13 AM

You can type /unblockgrp <groupname> in any conversationbox (doesn't have to be in a conversationbox with a contact in that specific group), same goes for the blockgrp command.

RE: Blocking by group by ShawnZ on 08-25-2005 at 10:15 AM

So in otherwords, if you block everyone, just unblock one person then use unblockgrp with them.

Or of course the blockall/unblockall plugin.

RE: Blocking by group by gif83 on 08-25-2005 at 10:17 AM

I guess the problem that remains until the next version comes out is blocking groups whilst appearing offline

RE: Blocking by group by Crazy_john on 08-25-2005 at 12:57 PM

now i unblock 1, then i unblock all.

i had my own settings to
"plus\options\message assistant\fast text"

i put short cuts to all the block and unblock groups that i have in my msn, now when i want block some group,
i go to the chat window and clik :
"plus icon\send pre-defined message"
and there i choose what group i want block or unblock     with just 1 clik.

thx for the help. :D (Y)
(my language its not english,
this text should have some errors)