Shoutbox

[rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat (/showthread.php?tid=49375)

[rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat by Ahmad on 08-23-2005 at 04:34 PM

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=362609

quote:
Originally posted by dlb
Remember... a few months ago Longhorn Inspirat BricoPack was released.
I had the project to create another version of this pack with blue colors! :p

So, today it is thing made with the pack Vista Inspirat! Like all the bricopacks, it is universal:
which means that this pack is for all Windows XP (32 bits versions) and for all languages! (h)

according to the fact that the icons are directly inserted in the system files of the OS, that doesn't slow down your system!!

one more time, thanks to Bricomix the creator of the installer! :)

This bricopack integrates also some additional softwares that you can activate or not during the installation! ;)

- Y'Z toolbar: this software allows you to change the icons of the toolbar "standard buttons" in explorer. It uses very little resources
- Object Dock: it is the animated toolbar like Mac OSX! Very sympathetic it works fine on the majority of the computers! However if you have a 733Mhz :he: , don't even thiink about it! :p
- iColorFolder: this software is used to easily change the color of a specific folder, so that you'll find it easily (look at our presentation)! Very practical (uses little resources)
- Y'Z shadow: it adds a shade around your windows and can also create an effect of transparency on some of them (uses many resources)! by the way, it gives really a very beautiful effect!
- ÜberIcon: a young & small software for all those who would like to animate the action of clicking! (look at our presentation)! - Created by http://www.punksoftware.com/

That's all for the softwares!
- Of course, you'll also find some wallpapers, a visual style with many options (compact start panel, style aero or XP...)
- and the logon on which we spent much time because we have tried to release one which could look fine whatever the definition of the screen is (don't you agree, bricomix??)

Now, I let to you discover this new bricopack!

http://en.crystalxp.net/bricopack-vista-inspirat.php
RE: [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat by uberdosis on 08-24-2005 at 12:25 AM

Or don't be ghey and install vista.

RE: [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat by [MR] on 08-24-2005 at 01:41 AM

it looks really cool but too bad once again i cant get it b/c i have windows 2000 :(  windows 2000 is now opsolete i guess :(

RE: [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat by user27089 on 08-24-2005 at 09:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by »fusion
Or don't break the law, and stay with XP. ¬_¬

I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to skin xp without permission? I know it's not editing any .exe's, but it's what I heard somewhere, but please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't really like the transformation packs, after all, you're still running on Windows XP, and this is still apparent, so it's not as effective as it would  be if you were running Vista itself... I'm going to stick with my theme I think...
RE: [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat by Ahmad on 08-24-2005 at 10:05 AM

the visual style is beautiful... along with the icons

i guess my favorite thing in it is the "color label", it really makes it easy to have a folder stand out from the rest in just a simple click

RE: [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat by Jhrono on 08-24-2005 at 10:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to skin xp without permission? I know it's not editing any .exe's, but it's what I heard somewhere, but please, correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeh, microsoft reserves the right for those, public development inst allowed ( Cough Cough lol)
RE: [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat by user13774 on 08-24-2005 at 08:21 PM

Stop bugging about legal/illegal.

I tried the Vista Inspirat shell style and I must say the creators did a great job! But I uninstalled it again because I think everything is a bit flashy and I don't really like the black (start bar)/ silver (windows) choice.
Everyone who thinks it looks great should try it! It includes a very professional installer and uninstaller which allows you to completely undo the changes and return to your old (previous) look. (Y)