Shoutbox

display drivers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: display drivers (/showthread.php?tid=49397)

display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-23-2005 at 09:58 PM

i wiped my PC and i cnt find the Cd for my device drivers. I need a disply driver for

"1990 Orchid Technology, Prodesigner 11s, H BIOS REV 1,1"

I have no idea what this means, how to get it, what to download, etc. and i dont wanna downoad and install the wrong thing incase i fuck it up again.  at the moment, XP has 600 X 800 creen resoloution and 16 colours :| please can some1 help? :S Fast? :P

RE: display drivers by ShawnZ on 08-23-2005 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
Lmfao, do drivers even exist for that? O.o

quote:
600 X 800
800<->600

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-23-2005 at 10:04 PM

i know its old shit but the one i was using befre that (a better one) kept braking down. this is the best ive got so please dont make fun of me and help me find something. i dont really understand anythin about this at all :S

RE: display drivers by ShawnZ on 08-23-2005 at 10:26 PM

That thing aint even going to go above 800x600 16c I bet.

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-23-2005 at 10:29 PM

so what can i do? i dont understand any of this

RE: display drivers by Reaper on 08-23-2005 at 10:32 PM

try this, it might work

ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/windows/drivers/pro2w31.zip

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-23-2005 at 10:41 PM

damn., shows u how old this is. do i install it under windows 3.1? :S

(im running windows XP)

RE: display drivers by Reaper on 08-23-2005 at 10:43 PM

use whatever the latest OS is available in the file so if its 3.1 then use it, but no guarentees it will work

RE: display drivers by [MR] on 08-23-2005 at 11:13 PM

quote:

(im running windows XP)

wow that it a pretty old one...but yes use the latest drivers it contains and ir prolly would work
RE: display drivers by ShawnZ on 08-23-2005 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
quote:

(im running windows XP)

wow that it a pretty old one...but yes use the latest drivers it contains and ir prolly would work

It only contains drivers for 3.1

Hasnt the entire driver model been changed since then? :/
RE: display drivers by [MR] on 08-23-2005 at 11:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
quote:

(im running windows XP)

It only contains drivers for 3.1

Hasnt the entire driver model been changed since then? :/
maybe maybe not...we will find out soon enough if MC posts back:undecided:
RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-23-2005 at 11:29 PM

it didnt work, but i found another one lieing round. i think its a PCi, this was wrote down on it, although i dunno if its any use to y'all:

S3 TRI064V
VID PCI

theres more numbers and that but I dunno if it'll help, any ideas for that?

RE: display drivers by Reaper on 08-23-2005 at 11:31 PM

is there any words on it, because you really need the name of a brand if you have a chance to install it

[edit] if possible post written everything on it

RE: display drivers by [MR] on 08-23-2005 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper66613
is there any words on it, because you really need the name of a brand if you have a chance to install it

ya i couldnt find drivers for it on google...only result was some chinese thing but it was just people talking about something or another with upgrading...
RE: display drivers by ShawnZ on 08-23-2005 at 11:33 PM

Ahhh, S3, Now you're talking.

Old, but they made some good cards in their time

Anyway, to the point,

Try these:
http://www.s3graphics.com/drivers/Legacy/8811Trio...inNT4/wnt20018.zip
http://www.s3graphics.com/drivers/Legacy/8901Trio...inNT4/wnt32407.zip
http://www.s3graphics.com/drivers/Legacy/8811Trio...Win9x/w9524107.zip
http://www.s3graphics.com/drivers/Legacy/8901Trio...Win9x/w9524107.zip

RE: display drivers by [MR] on 08-23-2005 at 11:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Ahhh, S3, Now you're talking.

Old, but they made some good cards in their time

Anyway, to the point,

Try these:
http://www.s3graphics.com/drivers/Legacy/8811Trio...inNT4/wnt20018.zip
http://www.s3graphics.com/drivers/Legacy/8901Trio...inNT4/wnt32407.zip
http://www.s3graphics.com/drivers/Legacy/8811Trio...Win9x/w9524107.zip
http://www.s3graphics.com/drivers/Legacy/8901Trio...Win9x/w9524107.zip
i should have known b/c i think i have that same graphics card lying around somewhere!
RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-23-2005 at 11:44 PM

thanx shawnz i'll chek all them in a sec, as for what's written on it heres EVERYTHING:

(kills his neck readin it all now, coz its been put in upside down, lol)

S3 TRI064V
     H1A3BE

S6C765
9550 B44628 1
KOREA

It looks just like that, ecept S3 is bigger and takes two lines, making the TRI064V is directly above the H1A3BE bit but are both next to S3, if that makes any sense.

I'm guessin the last bit means that's wer it was made lol

on the other side has alot morenumbers on stickers but tyhats mostly bar codes, FCC ID's etc.

Ps. if i download the 64V in NT 4.0 version, will that work with XP and if it does can some1 post step by step instructions on how to install it, coz ive jus been looking at the read me, and it tells me to click things that dont exsist, do things that i know wont work etc.?

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-24-2005 at 12:17 AM

sorry to double post, nbut i wanted to raise this again, because only reaper is still online and im hopin that someobdy else might know the answers

RE: display drivers by ShawnZ on 08-24-2005 at 12:28 AM

quote:

S3 TRI064V
     H1A3BE

S6C765

Then its http://www.s3graphics.com/drivers/Legacy/8811Trio...inNT4/wnt20018.zip .
RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-24-2005 at 12:31 AM

i thought that too by the file name, so i downloaded that, but i dunno how to install it (btw, wen i plug my montor in to the S3 card, nothhing comes up, it jus stays black so I'm viewing this on the orchid tech card, althugh i think its possible to install drivers for S3 with this, and then switch between the two, i just dont know how to install it.)

RE: display drivers by ShawnZ on 08-24-2005 at 12:38 AM

extract it to some folder, then run the add/remove hardware wizard, click have disk, enter that folder's path, click OK, and it should appear right on the screen, then just click install

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-24-2005 at 12:48 AM

i think its installed, i'll post in abut 5 mins and tell y'all how it went, shawnz, if this works, may the lord bless you lol

Edit: it didnt work :'( i really am stumped now :| it has defo installed, coz S3 colour control is the control panel, and i find it in the properties panel, but wen i try puttin the monitor into that driver, theres jus blackness.

RE: display drivers by [MR] on 08-24-2005 at 01:24 AM

quote:
but wen i try puttin the monitor into that driver, theres jus blackness.

then obviously the se card is messed up...b/c u dont have to have any drivers for a graphics card to work on at least 16 colors...
RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-24-2005 at 01:29 AM

:'(

I'm stuck with 16 colours aint I?

RE: display drivers by [MR] on 08-24-2005 at 01:35 AM

quote:
:'(

I'm stuck with 16 colours aint I?

si (im doing spanish h/w)

unless u buy a good graphics card somehow...but other than that it sounds like you are. sorryo mario.

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-24-2005 at 01:38 AM

i'll think of something

RE: display drivers by CookieRevised on 08-24-2005 at 01:39 AM

quote:
i wiped my PC and i cnt find the Cd for my device drivers. I need a disply driver for

You mean "IIS" instead of "11s"... ;)

Windows XP has an extreme big lot of old card drivers in it already. Maybe you simply selected to wrong one...

For the Orchid Technology Prodesigner IIS, you need an ET4000 compatible driver. This is a very wide spread (standard) video processor/model/driver and included in XP (at least it is in mine :p)...

---------------------------

To install such drivers in XP: Unpack the zipfile in any dir you want. Select the videoadapter in device manager to upgrade/install the drivers. Tell XP you want to choose for yourself, also tell it not to search. When the screen with compatible hardware comes up, browse to the dir where you unpacked the files and click open. If all goes well you now have a list in front of you with manufactures and card models.

Choose "Orchid" as manufacture and "Orchid ProDesigner 2", "ProDesigner IIs ISA" or "ProDesigner IIs EISA" as model and install it.

It is possible that Windows XP will warn you about driver signing but just click the right button to continue the installation; this warning is just to say the driver wasn't specifically designed for XP

Another note: don't try to install drivers for Win 3.1, it wont work.

Also, a google search (Orchid Technology Prodesigner) brings me to http://list.driverguide.com/list/company771/

There you'll find 5 listings of drivers which are compatible with it and each of those listings contain another handfull of different drivers to choose from. (though, you need a -free- account to be able to download them) After browsing thru them, I indeed found some which should be compatible with XP...

I zipped them up and attached the file. Unzip the file (make sure _with_ the option to create the directories inside the zip) and first tryout the one listed in the "tsengwinxp" directory. You install it as described above in the second section of this post.

btw, this isn't the one I assume (was just browsing around a bit and just curious)
http://www.thegreenhouse.us/th99/v/M-O/50010.php
RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-24-2005 at 02:48 AM

video adapter isnt in the list :S

RE: display drivers by CookieRevised on 08-24-2005 at 03:22 AM

There are many ways to go there....
- right clicking and choosing properties on "My Computer"
- choosing display in the control panel
- etc.. etc..

or:
Start > run > devmgmt.msc

Then:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=519472]

RE: display drivers by ddunk on 08-24-2005 at 03:26 AM

Just to clarify Cookie's post for the English version of XP, the item you're looking for isn't the first in the list (Computers). The one you want in "Display Drivers" (3rd one down).

I assume the right-click menu is the same (Stuurprogramma bijwerken.. = Update Driver...)

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-24-2005 at 12:04 PM

ok, ive found it, but heres something, my orchid technologies isnt in the list. ive got two S3 ones that loook like this:

S3 Incorperated display picture v2.00.18 (which doesnt work, under code 37 :S)
S3 Trio 32/64

im guesin i haver nodrivers installed for orchid technologies, which would explain why I'm still on 16 colours with shit resloution.....?

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-24-2005 at 05:08 PM

sorry to double post, but i wanna bring this issue back up as no body has replied..... basically, i found simular way to install the stuff, (long story) using the add hardware wizard but i have a problem, its installed the OT Prodeisgner IIs ISA drivers but cant use em down to "code 10" whatever that means.... i dont think i have ET4000 whatever that is. If anyone knowas what im talking about or they think they can help, pelase do

(Ps. there was OT Prodeisgner IIs ISA and OT Prodeisgner IIs EISA, so installed both of em, both have the same problem [Code 10])

Edit: The OT Prodeisgner IIs EISA is starting to work!!!!!!!!!! lol na seriouisly, i got 16 bit colour now lol but still shit resloution, anyway i can improve this? (plus, since i've installed this, my computers gone very slow, can i solve this too?)

RE: display drivers by CookieRevised on 08-24-2005 at 05:52 PM

What exactly have you done? What exactly are you doing? What exactly have you in that PC atm?

Slowing down problem: Have you attempted to install those Win3.1 drivers? This could well cause that problem. Another cause can be that some other graphic drivers (whatever you have installed; those S3 trio drivers maybe?) are not XP compatible but must be run in emulation mode (which slows down XP a lot)

The errors:
1) It sounds like you still have those other drivers installed. Always uninstall old drivers or not working drivers first before you attempt to install other drivers!
2) Never install more than 1 graphics driver!!
3) The S3 Incorperated display and S3 Trio 32/64 are card or drivers (whatever you have done or mean) which you have installed. Again, uninstall those first. Also the drivers I listed are for the Orchid card, not for the S3
4) The Orchid card IS an ET4000 graphics processor card. It has a max resolution of 1024x786.

----------------------

It all sounds like you are mixing everything up and mixing drivers with graphics cards etc, etc... Begin from a clean slate and follow instructions exactly. Concentrate and remember what you are doing and don't mix things up. If nothing works, buy a decent cheap graphic card (including drivers). A basic graphics card costs nothing these days....

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-24-2005 at 06:10 PM

Right, ive uninstalled all the S3 shit, and totally taken tha card out from the computer, the only driver i hve now is the OT Prodeisgner IIs EISA card, which has at the moment, 16 bit colour and no resloution options. 16 bit colour can easily do me (although I'd like more, im not arsed whatsoever) but the resloution is a pain, and the computer is still acting quite slow. Btw, ive only installed XP last nite, so theres no wehay I've got any crap on it, etc.

RE: display drivers by Reaper on 08-24-2005 at 06:56 PM

not sure if this will make a difference, but have u installed the service packs?

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-24-2005 at 10:00 PM

ive installed service pack 1, sevice pack 2 caused fuckin havoc last time i put it on so i aint doin it this time, that'll jus slow it down more.

RE: display drivers by CookieRevised on 08-25-2005 at 01:09 AM

quote:
ive installed service pack 1, sevice pack 2 caused fuckin havoc last time i put it on so i aint doin it this time, that'll jus slow it down more.
You _need_ to install all updates, fixes and SP's, MC Inferno. If you do it correctly nothing will be screwed up at all....

Without all the proper updates in place, we can't tell you what is going wrong at all; it might be anything....
RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-25-2005 at 12:44 PM

i have a 4GB hard drive..... SP2 is practically 1GB, u have no idea how tough life is with it....... u cant have any room for shit, and it slows it down even slower than it is now

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-26-2005 at 04:27 PM

so nobody can help me? i badly need to get this PC working again, its too slow to do anythin on it

RE: display drivers by CookieRevised on 08-26-2005 at 06:35 PM

Sorry, if nothing which was suggested in this thread worked, then buy a new graphics card (and update your Windows fully).

RE: display drivers by MC Inferno on 08-26-2005 at 06:38 PM

kk thanx