Shoutbox

what should i buy next? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: what should i buy next? (/showthread.php?tid=49409)

what should i buy next? by [MR] on 08-24-2005 at 03:16 AM

shoud i get a new motherboard and preocessor first or should i get a wireless network PCI card for my computer?

you help me decide...i currently have only $30 but i can gain more money as time goes by.

RE: what should i buy next? by NiteMare on 08-24-2005 at 05:21 AM

motherboard and prossesor, atleast you can do shit faster:)

RE: what should i buy next? by YottabyteWizard on 08-24-2005 at 05:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
motherboard and prossesor, atleast you can do shit faster:)

Agreed. Except if your're having trouble with lan cables and gets in the way....
RE: what should i buy next? by Exca on 08-24-2005 at 08:32 AM

you can buy your wifi later, a new mobo and processor goes first, then wifi it doesn't cost much anyway. I have wifi and if I should go back to cabled lan I wouldn't mind the cable. Especially not on a desktop.

RE: what should i buy next? by [MR] on 08-24-2005 at 11:40 AM

well ive been planning to get the new MB and proccessor first but now my mowing job is gone b/c i was mowing my grampaws lawn (one that is already dead) and got $30 for it...well now my parents sold his house and last weekend was my last time to mow his grass and i dont get money for mowing my own grass so i was thinking maybe my parents can get me a MB and processor for christmas and i caould just buy the wifi pci card....see i cant tell what to get first.

RE: what should i buy next? by Exca on 08-24-2005 at 09:59 PM

Wifi is really not nessecary if you have option to connect trough cable easily, unless you really want to get rid of the cable or you just want a piece of technique in your case :) Personally I would save the money and wait till christmas and then consider again. Maybe then things are easier to decide, or you already want to buy something else.

RE: what should i buy next? by [MR] on 08-24-2005 at 10:07 PM

well i want a wifi adapter so i can finally move my computer permenately upstairs so i dont have to be downstairs all day...like my family's computer is down here but not even used anymore b/c im using mine down here which is way faster than the family computer...the family computer has 933 mhz to 1000 mhz or so but this one has only 233mhz and its pretty fast so i cant decide...but i would need a new mb and processor for upgrading to another windows OS such as xp or vista...

RE: what should i buy next? by user27089 on 08-24-2005 at 10:08 PM

I would definitely say that you should get a new processor, aren't you only running on a 233MHz processor anyway? You should seriously get a new one if you are... You don't need anything too fancy really, something like 1.5GHz would do wouldn't it? Something like 3GHz would be cool, but come on...

If you're willing to save and cash out around £500, then you could get a medion computer, they're pretty good, they come in a package, my friends is:

• Logitech Keyboard and mouse (wireless)
  • 17" TFT Monitor
  • 128Mb ATi Radeon (not sure of the model)
  • 3.2GHz Processor
  • 512Mb RAM
  • WiFi Connection
So yeah, I'm thinking about saving up for one in my bedroom :banana:...
RE: what should i buy next? by Joe on 08-24-2005 at 10:10 PM

Internet IMO is more important than speed

RE: what should i buy next? by [MR] on 08-24-2005 at 10:11 PM

well the thing is i dont make any money anymore so...yaand im not gunna be able to save a whole lot of money to get a fancy computer one coz i dont have a job and 2 i like to spend the money ive got when i get it...but im actually impressed that a Pentium 2 processor is so fast on this computer...

quote:
Originally posted by jow cool
Internet IMO is more important than speed

ya i sorta agree too
RE: what should i buy next? by user27089 on 08-24-2005 at 10:15 PM

Well I think RAM is the most important thing, so have you thought about upgrading your RAM & your CPU...?

RE: what should i buy next? by Joe on 08-24-2005 at 10:22 PM

If you're in no BIG hurry to get everything going... make it operate quickly first.

RE: what should i buy next? by [MR] on 08-24-2005 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jow cool
If you're in no BIG hurry to get everything going... make it operate quickly first.
it is fast...

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Well I think RAM is the most important thing, so have you thought about upgrading your RAM & your CPU...?
i have enough RAM for now...
RE: what should i buy next? by Joe on 08-24-2005 at 10:49 PM

Then get it internet ready... that's what i'd do at least

RE: RE: what should i buy next? by Voldemort on 08-24-2005 at 11:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
well the thing is i dont make any money anymore so...yaand im not gunna be able to save a whole lot of money to get a fancy computer one coz i dont have a job and 2 i like to spend the money ive got when i get it...but im actually impressed that a Pentium 2 processor is so fast on this computer...

I have a 266 mhz 288 ram and dvd and this pc, and it beats my cousins 1.5ghz lap  :| he was like wtf!

WIFI so u can be on your room, new procesor for speed..
thats what i want to buy too.. 4 the old pc the new one is ok but i dont use it much..
RE: what should i buy next? by [MR] on 08-25-2005 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
and it beats my cousins 1.5ghz lap   he was like wtf!
yai dont really understand why our processors are really fast...even with a low amnt of mhz
RE: what should i buy next? by Hank on 08-25-2005 at 02:27 AM

i'd just Save up for a decent Mobo an CPU, a Fast enough  CPU go with AMD,  but its each to there own, just if you want cheaper reliable computer parts get AMD, an a Socket 939 Mobo,