Shoutbox

Need help using MSN Backup - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Need help using MSN Backup (/showthread.php?tid=49441)

Need help using MSN Backup by ntruax on 08-24-2005 at 03:01 PM

Hi, does anyone know how to use this thing?  I got it to backup all of my custom emoticons, backgrounds and display pictures, but I can't seem to get it to install them on another account.  First I typed in the address of the account I wanted to save all of them from and hit backup, it took forever but it finally said backup complete or something like that.  Then, I typed in the account address I wanted to load them to and clicked install objects (I signed into this account before doing this).  As soon as I clicked install it started opening these download windows that said "Download MSN Messenger Content", but it opened like 40 of these and just kept doing it.  :S  None of them appeared to be downloading anything???  +o(  I ended up using task manager to close MSN Backup. 

Can someone help me out with getting this to work?  I'm just trying to add all of my emoticons to my other account without having to do them individually because I have over a hundred easily.

Thanks for the help.

P.S.  I searched the forums for "emoticon backup" and the only program I could find that did anything like this was this one.  If someone knows of another program that will work please let me know.  Thanks.

RE: Need help using MSN Backup by RaceProUK on 08-24-2005 at 05:44 PM

It's possibly adding them all one by one, even though it probably shouldn't do so. Check to see if anything's been added already by MSN Backup.

RE: Need help using MSN Backup by ntruax on 08-24-2005 at 07:51 PM

I just checked it again and there's no custom emoticons for the other account at all.  I had a few loaded before I tried using that but now those are gone.  Not sure what the deal is?  [Image: 73moo]

RE: Need help using MSN Backup by RaceProUK on 08-24-2005 at 08:19 PM

If you add a custom emoticon or DP manually, does that work?

RE: Need help using MSN Backup by ntruax on 08-24-2005 at 09:24 PM

Yeah, if I try to load them manually they work fine.  It just sucks cause it'd take me so long to do them all manually.  :(

RE: Need help using MSN Backup by Killers2 on 08-24-2005 at 11:17 PM

that sucks man:(