Shoutbox

MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem (/showthread.php?tid=49462)

MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by laserboy_toronto on 08-24-2005 at 10:09 PM

I installed the new public final version of MSN Messenger today (v7.5.0299) but it will not sign in with Messenger Plus installed.  I get the error message "Signing into MSN Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable.  Please try again later.   To let us try and troubleshoot the problem, click the Troubleshoot button". 

So I hit the troubleshoot button and a "MSN Messenger Connection  Troubleshooter" window comes up.  Test results are:
1)  IP (ok)
2) Default Gateway   ...and this is where I get stuck.  It says "your gateway appears to be offline.  I hit repair, but it doesn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks!

Don, Toronto Canada

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by mwe99 on 08-24-2005 at 10:21 PM

Yes many users have had that similar problem, it will work shortly, you just need to be paitent.

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by SuPz on 08-25-2005 at 01:32 PM

I got the same problem... i usually turn my firewall off and then log in
after i log in, i turn the firewall back on, simple :)

the problem is prob because your firewall is blocking msn or it is blocking your remote desktop connection (i have absolutely no idea what that is). if anyone can tell, it would be great help.

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by laserboy_toronto on 08-25-2005 at 02:10 PM

I have Norton Internet Security 2005 and tried disabling the firewall when logging onto MSN but no luck.  Then I went so far as to disable all of my  "Services"  and "Startup" items in msconfig, rebooted and I still got the same error message & was unable to logon. 
When I uninstal Messenger Plus, MSN 7.5 logs in with no errors.
I like Messenger Plus! way too much, so I finally resigned myself to uninstalling MSN 7.5, re-installing MSN v7.0.0816 and then Messenger Plus! and using MessPatch - no problems that way.
So until I read more here about any possible workarounds, or a new compatible version of Messenger Plus, I'm going to stick with that configuration.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by YottabyteWizard on 08-25-2005 at 04:51 PM

I don't know the solution... but Internet Security x version has always been giving me lot of problems with connections, no matter if the programs/networks are on Secure List. I'll never trust Symantec's Security again:@

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by Mentality on 08-25-2005 at 05:25 PM

im using norton internet security 2005 and so far i have no problems at all, watso ever. thats with mess 7.5public release with plus.

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by laserboy_toronto on 08-25-2005 at 06:24 PM

Ya, this is nothing to do with Norton Internet Security, I've elminated that by disabling all background services & other programs that normally load & run at startup (see above post).  There's something about MSN v7.5.0299 (final, public version) & Messenger Plus! v3.9.4 that just don't "get along" - at least on my machine. 

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by superjugy on 08-26-2005 at 03:17 AM

yeah, i had messenger 7.0 and messenger plus 3 with stiff plug and when i saw in stuffplug.com that stuffplug doesnt get along messenger 7.5 so i disabled it before install the new version cause the author says he is going to corect it soon, but when i installed it, meseenger started normal but i couldnt open a window conversation, i uninstalled messenger plus and it worked perfectly now, but im scared of reinstalling plus, maybe it wont work again. but ill give it a shot and ill tell you. :)

well just as i said, it didnt worked, just as i am initiating it i closes itself and mark an error :( :(
RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by laserboy_toronto on 08-26-2005 at 05:59 AM

I read another thread re: stuff plug & MSN 7.5 a few days ago so I disabled, then uninstalled stuff plug but unfortunately that didn't help solve the problem for me   :(
I currently don't have any plugins installed at all now that I'm back to MSN v7.0 & Messenger Plus.....

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by Jacko_all on 08-26-2005 at 06:49 AM

Seems like Mess Plus needs another update for MSN 7.5 compatability. I can't send new sounds with 7.5.0299... See my other thread for more info... :wall:

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by matty on 08-26-2005 at 07:00 AM

Click on Tools > Options > Connection > Advanced Settings

You want to make sure that all boxes are clear and click on Test for the TCP. It should connect fine for you after this.

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by Jacko_all on 08-26-2005 at 07:51 AM

Nada Matty... I tried it your way. I still can't get the new sounds I made to be sent.
Is it perhaps, a Mess+ sounds server issue?:wall:

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by Nitemistress on 08-26-2005 at 08:01 AM

After reading all the different threads about the various problems with the 7.5 public beta I've found the only thing that causes me not to be able to sign in, or once signed in get booted, is the customization of the contact list, or using colour for names etc. Once I disabled this option and left it disabled I've had no problems. It seems, so far anyway, that this particular option in Plus is the only thing that doesn't want to work with the beta version of messenger.

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by Jacko_all on 08-26-2005 at 08:08 AM

7.5.0299 is supposed to be a final as I have been told...

I got it from the MSN downloads site myself.

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by Nitemistress on 08-26-2005 at 08:17 AM

I did too, but was still under the impression it was the public beta not actual final at the time. In either case the custom contact names is the only problem I've had and will have to wait for the newer Plus in order to use it.

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by Chestah on 08-26-2005 at 09:39 AM

Don't worry, sit tight, these problems will be rectified with the next release.

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by superjugy on 08-26-2005 at 03:33 PM

yeah
hope that patchou solves this sooin :)

RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem by olivertreend on 09-06-2005 at 05:35 PM

Hi.

Maybe you could help me! :)

I did have MSN Messenger 7.0 and then a friend told me about MSN Messenger 7.5.

I installed it along with Messenger Plus (the latest version).

Now when I'm in a conversation window, when I click the Winks/Emoticons/Background tab, it doesn't have the 'What's Hot' area at the bottom. Also, when I click packs (the presend icon) it doesn't load up. And on the main MSN Messenger window, normally when it has loads of tabs down the side (Blue Mountain, Lottery, etc.) it just shows the MSN person showing the icon for my status.

I have no problems with loggin on, though.

Please help!!