Shoutbox

People not appearing online - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: People not appearing online (/showthread.php?tid=49524)

People not appearing online by rpjenner on 08-26-2005 at 01:00 AM

A couple of my friends on MSN Messenger never appear online to me unless they sign in with Windows Messenger.  We have the latest version of MSN and are perplexed as to why this is happening.  Has anybody else had similar problems?

I have also tried adding them to my list on a spare account but they don't get the invitations.

RE: People not appearing online by Val on 08-26-2005 at 02:56 AM

hmmmm....can you test me email me at circa4ever@gmail.com

RE: People not appearing online by Max on 08-26-2005 at 09:10 AM

Maybe they've blocked you and just unblock you and say its MSN Messenger's fault.

RE: People not appearing online by Fergy on 08-26-2005 at 09:33 AM

The new release of Messenger 7.5 is very buggy, that's probably why its not working. Are you using Plus! and if so, what plugins?

RE: People not appearing online by rpjenner on 08-26-2005 at 11:26 AM

Originally we were both using the latest non-Beta version of Messenger when this occurred.  I then upgraded to 7.5 Beta in the hope that it might solve this problem.  Suffice to say it has not.  I am using Plus! but I think the only Plugin I have is handwriting.

In reply to Patches, I know for a fact that one is not blocking me because she's created another account so she can talk to me on Windows Messenger while using MSN for other people on her list. 

RE: People not appearing online by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 11:29 AM

Hm odd situation...

try disabling your handwriting plugin and see then, i think the handwriting plugin has problems with the new MSN.