Shoutbox

MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? (/showthread.php?tid=49542)

MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by RebelSean on 08-26-2005 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean @ Messengermad.com
Recently alot of talk has been going around the internet about a possible MSN Messenger 8.0 feature list. We here at Messengermad.com have been told that MSN Messenger 8.0 is already in development, and a BETA product may be released by the end of this year or early next year. Messer still_tippin posted on the Mess.be Forums a possible feature list of MSN Messenger v8.0.

• Change of Messenger Skins
• Real-time Emotions
• Messenger Built Internal Windows Media Player 10
• Pause/Resumed File Transfers (File Blocked Extension Applied)
• Detailed File Transfer (Download/Upload Speed)
• Animated Display Pictures (.gif .jpg .png (File Support under Consideration))
• Mood Status
• Faster Contact List Loading and scrolling
• Public Profile and MSN Spaces Combined
• More MSN Space features
• New Hotmail and MSN Messenger Integration
• Downloadable MSN Messenger on Mobile
• News Updates according to Location
• Top 10 MSN Music Radio
• New Stylish Notifier Pop-up
• Downloadable Skins for MSN (Contact Window & Conversation Window)
• Complete Integration with Windows XP® & Windows Vista® Codename: Longhorn®
• Offline Voice/Message Machine
• Animated Buddy Icon Helper
• Display Picture Ratings

These have not yet been confirmed by any Microsoft Employee, but sources tell me that indeed this could be what is going to be packaged into MSN Messenger 8.0. Your probably wondering, why would the MSN Developers jump from 7.5 to 8.0? Well, they have went from 7.0 to 7.5 so you never know what is going to happen.

Source: MessengerMad.com
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 11:52 AM

Wasnt MSN 8.0 rumoured to be the password stealer program before this post?

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Max on 08-26-2005 at 12:00 PM

Re-read it mwe99. ;)

It looks good.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 12:03 PM

Yeah i did read it but im sure i read a while back that people made MSN 8.0 a password stealer thing, i know the source and its a decent reliable site, just stating

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Anubis on 08-26-2005 at 12:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Wasnt MSN 8.0 rumoured to be the password stealer program before this post?
There was a scam program that was really a trojan that was called "MSN Messenger 8" made by some dodgy people. It had no offical connections to Microsoft or MSN at all, it was purely a reshacked version of MSN Messenger which also contained a trojan.
This is for the real version, not the fake trojan version.
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by J.J on 08-26-2005 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
• Animated Display Pictures (.gif .jpg .png (File Support under Consideration))

Awesome! :banana: (although, wouldn't that ruin the whole 'pay if you dynamic display pictures' thing :tongue:)

quote:
• Change of Messenger Skins

Very nice!

quote:

Oh Nifty :P! I like that :grin:

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Eljay on 08-26-2005 at 12:14 PM

WOW ANIMATED JPEGS! :dodgy:

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by ShawnZ on 08-26-2005 at 12:15 PM

Why even post stuff like this and start rumors in the first place? Wow, someones' friend's uncle said it, ALL PRAISE THESE NEW AND WONDERFUL FEATURES!

Besides, they'll probably drop half the stuff before release if that IS real.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Mentality on 08-26-2005 at 12:31 PM

funny tht init, hey jumped from 6.2 to 7 as well, seems like they're tryna compete against something to me. they seem to be rushing out they're better stuff that we normally have to wait ages an ages for.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by ShawnZ on 08-26-2005 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
funny tht init, hey jumped from 6.2 to 7 as well, seems like they're tryna compete against something to me. they seem to be rushing out they're better stuff that we normally have to wait ages an ages for.

The version doesn't say anything about how fast they're making it, its just a number...
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by uberdosis on 08-26-2005 at 12:32 PM

Bloatware.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Lieter on 08-26-2005 at 12:35 PM

speculations?

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Poom on 08-26-2005 at 12:51 PM

I think that everyone forgets that build numbers increase as the changes increase. Say, we got 6.2, with the similar GUI to 6.0 and similar features, just got very little details on. Now, look at 7.5 and 7.0. 7.5 got some new interfaces and features (Dynamic BG, Voiceclip, etc.). Look at 6.2 and 6.0 and find the differences, only colorize, yellow mobile thingy, and other details. 7.5 got more changes, obviously. That is why they renamed it to 7.5, not 7.1, because 7.5 got many differences. Of course, if 8.0 gets new interface and features, the build is accurate. You would not call 8.0 as 7.6 if it got skin added there, would you?

I, myself, has think of several features I want.

1. Skin and being able to colorize the contact list as well.

2. Always-on-top buttons.
It really makes life easier when I chat to someone while reading something else.

3. Game and Office Icons in PSM.
This is already partly implemented in 7.x, so I think they should make it fully functional.

4. Offline Messaging.
Same as above, already partly implemented.

5. Being able to turn off the file transfer limit.
WE KNOW THAT OUR FRIEND IS SENDING SOMETHING NICE ACCORDING TO THE CON WE HAVE, MAKE US ABLE TO DISABLE IT WITHOUT PATCHES, BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT KNOW PATCHES.

6. Tab conversation, though Patchou is implementing it on Plus!.

7. Animated DP.
What else should I say about it?

8. More Options Button
I hate it when the actions pane in contact list is now obsolete. Maybe they should put a single button under the contact list that will show a list of actions. That way, life will be a bit easier for people who do not like frames. Besides that, it doesn't waste much space like the one in 6.0.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Poom

1. Skin and being able to colorize the contact list as well.

2. Always-on-top buttons.
It really makes life easier when I chat to someone while reading something else.

3. Game and Office Icons in PSM.
This is already partly implemented in 7.x, so I think they should make it fully functional.

4. Offline Messaging.
Same as above, already partly implemented.

5. Being able to turn off the file transfer limit.
WE KNOW THAT OUR FRIEND IS SENDING SOMETHING NICE ACCORDING TO THE CON WE HAVE, MAKE US ABLE TO DISABLE IT WITHOUT PATCHES, BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT KNOW PATCHES.

6. Tab conversation, though Patchou is implementing it on Plus!.

7. Animated DP.
What else should I say about it?

You can

1. Use a skin
2. Always on top is in Tools
5. http://www.stuffplug.com (its a plugin not a patch) [please note not all functions work with MSN 7.5]
6. Patchou currently has that in testing
7. Dynamic Display Pictures are in operation.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Fergy on 08-26-2005 at 02:26 PM

It says full longhorn/vista integration, by that i am guessing that they are not going to release it until vista comes out.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by ddunk on 08-26-2005 at 02:28 PM

[Image: your.jpg]

EDIT:

quote:
Doesn't that already exist? :/
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Pr0xY on 08-26-2005 at 07:11 PM

* Pr0xY slaps Ddunk around a bit with a large trout.

How dare you use that picture.... its too old. 

Nice features for 8.0, hope they all are true. 

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Chestah on 08-27-2005 at 12:14 AM

yeah some of them look nice, i'm worried about msn messenger turning even more bloaty then it is already :P, don't want it turning into something like ICQ :S

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Schockwave on 08-28-2005 at 12:50 AM

Well, I like this new version, and shall look forward to version 8.

I have ICQ pro, but there is ICQ light, which is a simpler version and does not have all the features of the pro. Unfortunately the pro is old and needs to be updated, which they will not do until at least next year.

Aol have just brought out a new version, beta, which has more features too.

I think it is all to do with broadband and being able to webcam and have conversations with people and of course people using mobile phones, but then you can get IMs for mobile phones, so that you only have one IM with all you instant messengers on one software, unfortunately you have to pay for them, one of them being Agile Messenger and the other IM+, Agile Messenger being slightly cheaper.;)

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by qgroessl on 08-28-2005 at 12:56 AM

Messenger should have a lite version also.... So that people who don't want it to take up alot of room on their hard drive don't need it to.....

It could like... exclude nudges, winks, emoticons, DP's... things like that... and! You could pick what you want or don't want... Blah just an idea after reading schockwave's post.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by mwe99 on 08-28-2005 at 12:57 AM

As Mess.be says:

There's no reason to believe that all of these feature will actually be part of MSN Messenger 8.0 when it's released somewhere in 2006.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by CookieRevised on 08-28-2005 at 02:22 AM

Indeed, that list is nothing more than a compiled list of features which people want and/or rumours what people believe is going to be added...

Such lists/posts are never to be taken as "this is it". No, they are "this is what people came up with while they were bored and wanted to post something to catch some attention".

Such lists are pure speculation, nothing more...

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Hank on 08-28-2005 at 02:23 AM

whose gonna wannt more bloatware an or MSN messenger when Google Talk is out out Beta? Plus 8 you'll prolly have to Pay for anyway

RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Poom on 08-28-2005 at 07:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
You can

1. Use a skin
2. Always on top is in Tools
5. http://www.stuffplug.com (its a plugin not a patch) [please note not all functions work with MSN 7.5]
6. Patchou currently has that in testing
7. Dynamic Display Pictures are in operation.

1. I know. I just want the one without reshacking and all. A REAL skin.
2. eh? I am using a patch for always-on-top button
5. =_=a Didn't I say that without a patch? Well, think about people who do not know stuffplug and what happens when you send them an application. I like patches more than Stuffplus's disable limit though.
6. Of course, I do know that, though I think that the one without a plugin needed would be better.
7. Dynamic DP is not an animated DP. Some Dynamic DP do not move if you don't send emoticons. Besides that, Dynamic DP is a bloat. I'd like normal .GIFs to be animated DP.

You did not read my post well, did you.
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by CookieRevised on 08-28-2005 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Poom
2. eh? I am using a patch for always-on-top button
[Image: attachment.php?pid=522845]

A-patch simply adds another button, it didn't "created" this feature.
Such patches can only do or change what is already inside a program, they can't add new features.
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Savior on 08-29-2005 at 01:58 AM

I'm a little skeptical because 7.5 just got released

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by ~INVASION~ on 08-29-2005 at 04:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
WOW ANIMATED JPEGS! :dodgy:
umm actually animated .jpeg technology does exist, but we wont see it on any normal computer website or program like msn for a while
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Purity on 08-29-2005 at 06:01 AM

I'm interested in skinning features and the animated DP's(FINALY!)

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Hank on 08-29-2005 at 07:10 AM

its just a Pure Rumour that 8.0 will be comming out at the moment, dont get ya hopes up, an as Cookie mentioned Not everything of those features will actually be implemented

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by qune on 08-29-2005 at 08:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
umm actually animated .jpeg technology does exist
how's that now?.. if it does exist, what are the platforms to support it?.. highly doubtable imho, besides what's the point if it doesn't support alpha blending... png will most likely aim itself into the direction of supporting multiple frames/animation...
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by CookieRevised on 08-29-2005 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by qune
quote:
how's that now?.. if it does exist, what are the platforms to support it?.. highly doubtable imho, besides what's the point if it doesn't support alpha blending... png will most likely aim itself into the direction of supporting multiple frames/animation...

Animated JPG? doesn't exist... (unless you consider mpg to be "animated pictures")
Animated PNG? Lookup MNG
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by EvilSeph on 08-29-2005 at 01:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Messenger should have a lite version also.... So that people who don't want it to take up alot of room on their hard drive don't need it to.....

It could like... exclude nudges, winks, emoticons, DP's... things like that... and! You could pick what you want or don't want... Blah just an idea after reading schockwave's post.

Say hello to Windows Messenger, which has been here for a while. You can't have everything, but Windows Messenger should suffice.
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Svip on 08-29-2005 at 01:09 PM

Yet more reasons why I don't use MSN Messenger 8, too many damn useless features, I just wanna IM with people, not annoy them to their death.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by einum on 08-29-2005 at 01:15 PM

Svip, no-one use MSN Messenger 8 yet, since it doesn't excist! ;)

RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Svip on 08-29-2005 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by einum

But you know I wont. ;)
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by einum on 08-29-2005 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Complete Integration with Windows XP® & Windows Vista® Codename: Longhorn®
I hope this means that MSN Messenger integrates with Outlook Express in Win XP. As it is now MSN Messenger do integrate with OE in Win98, and Windows Messenger integrate with OE in WinXP.
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by vincerooney on 08-29-2005 at 10:59 PM

id expect msn 8 to come out next may so its miles off yet. but the feature list looks good anything from that would be good.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by RebelSean on 08-29-2005 at 11:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by einum

How do you know it doesn't exist? I here from some very high up people that development has done began, and I'm not lieing about that either.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Hank on 08-30-2005 at 12:12 AM

quote:
How do you know it doesn't exist? I here from some very high up people that development has done began, and I'm not lieing about that either.

an how do you know there not just  fooling around with you Sean,
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 12:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:

Because there not like that ;). It's been known for quit some time now that MSNM v8.0 development has began :undecided:.
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Hank on 08-30-2005 at 12:35 AM

quote:
Because there not like that . It's been known for quit some time now that MSNM v8.0 development has began

i'd like some actual PROOF , an there's no real Evidence  to these statements from M$$ themselves bout it .
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by CookieRevised on 08-30-2005 at 12:50 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Because there not like that ;). It's been known for quit some time now that MSNM v8.0 development has began :undecided:.

I hear such "reports" constantly on various forums, that "some high-up people say this and that". :rolleyes:

Mostly (99,9999999999% of all cases) those high-up people are just common people hearing stuff from other just the same or inventing stuff or even don't speak perfect english and thus writing wrong or suggestive stuff... and then the ball gets rolling and before you know it, we have an "official" report because those people have a high-standing/good friends/whatnot towards those who read the posts. This does not mean those reports are accurate at all. It means someone (which doesn't need to be "high-up" at all) just started to spread a rumour....

eg: some newbie might read this thread and sees your post. He could think, oh RebelSean said that and he has x posts, so he knows what he is talking about, and before you know it we have a report in the morning editions of the Times saying: "Officially announced features of Messenger 8"...

Unless there are OFFICIAL reports, such stuff is a rumour and nothing more than a rumour and nobody should post stuff like "I heared it from high-up people" because that's BS....

-----------------------------------------------------

And in this case, if you track down the source from all this, you'll see that is was stil_tippin on mess.be who posted this as first, telling:
quote:
I told my friends uncle to email me the features of the New MSN, he finally emailed me after 8 hours. Well He asked his friend from the Messenger Department to tell him the features, well here they are:
[SNIPPED]
*The list above is ideas from past beta users and ideas are not finalized

1) again, a typical "a friend told a friend" situation.
2) Who says stil_tippin speaks the thruth about this? (no offence towards him, this is just making a point in general)
3) Who says this MSN Messenger department guy didn't lie or didn't provide some random stuff just to keep them quite.
4) the last note says clearly it is NOT a feature list at all, but just some random ideas (as we all keep saying constantly)
5) He clearly asks in this thread if this list is to be taken seriously or if this uncle from his friend is BS'ing.

Then we go to the next link in the chain (MessengerMad):
quote:
Recently alot of talk has been going around the internet about a possible MSN Messenger 8.0 feature list. We here at Messengermad.com have been told that MSN Messenger 8.0 is already in development, and a BETA product may be released by the end of this year or early next year. Messer still_tippin posted on the Mess.be Forums a possible feature list of MSN Messenger v8.0.
So now they are throwing in other so called facts... And of course no mention of the "The list above are just ideas" note...

Next source (RebelSean):
quote:
These have not yet been confirmed by any Microsoft Employee, but sources tell me that indeed this could be what is going to be packaged into MSN Messenger 8.0.
So now it is as good as official, it only needs a small confirmation from MSN???????

I bet you can already find some post on some forum by now saying "These are the official features to be added in MSN Messenger 8 scheduled to be released as final in december".....

I rest my case...
RE: RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 02:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I hear such "reports" constantly on various forums, that "some high-up people say this and that". :rolleyes:

Mostly (99,9999999999% of all cases) those high-up people are just common people hearing stuff from other just the same or inventing stuff or even don't speak perfect english and thus writing wrong or suggestive stuff... and then the ball gets rolling and before you know it, we have an "official" report because those people have a high-standing/good friends/whatnot towards those who read the posts. This does not mean those reports are accurate at all. It means someone (which doesn't need to be "high-up" at all) just started to spread a rumour....

Yeah well, rest assure that the people who I am talking to and other people who are talking to the SAME people I am talking to have never not once lied or given false information before. I am saying what I have been told, and if I am wrong I will admit I am wrong. But rest assure the people who I talk to never have lied to me nor others.

I do ,however, see your point in all this being rumours, but as I said in my post on Messengermad. I did not confirm that the feature list is infact TRUE, I said some high up people confirm that some of the list is infact partialy true. What I know is a fact is that MSN Messenger 8 is already in development, but I myself have not been givin much information about it.

Now weither you believe me or not is your choice :tongue:.
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Patchou on 08-30-2005 at 05:53 AM

Well, if it can make some of you happy, I did see some Messenger 8 related stuff myself while I was at Microsoft headquarter's this summer and what I saw is not in the "leaked list" :p.

Just remember that if there was such a good source of information from Microsoft, this guy/girl would probably get fired pretty soon for giving that kind of info publicly. I would suggest you don't get your hopes up for any rumour you hear about Messenger :).

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Hank on 08-30-2005 at 06:07 AM

as i thought, patchou would know before you knew Sean :)

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by DragonX on 08-30-2005 at 06:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, if it can make some of you happy, I did see some Messenger 8 related stuff myself while I was at Microsoft headquarter's this summer and what I saw is not in the "leaked list" :p.

And what exactly did u see ? -- I know, i know, they made u sign an nda, but then again u could start rumours too :P (Didn't c any harm in asking ;))
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by L. Coyote on 08-30-2005 at 06:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DragonX
And what exactly did u see ? -- I know, i know, they made u sign an nda, but then again u could start rumours too :P (Didn't c any harm in asking ;))
If you know (he won't/can't say anything), why are you asking? :s
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by DragonX on 08-30-2005 at 06:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Regexp
If you know (he won't/can't say anything), why are you asking? :s

Why not ? Today might be our lucky day ! I dunno, like i said, no harm done.
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 12:38 PM

quote:
as i thought, patchou would know before you knew Sean :)

Just because Patchou did not see this at the meeting he went to, does not mean that it's not true. I'm not saying Patchou is lieing either, because I do indeed believe him.

Oh and another thing, I wish you would seriously get something straight. I did not ever say the dang list is true, I said that some people confirm that SOME things on that list are true. What I did say was true is that MSN Messenger 8.0 is already in development.

:dodgy:

Edit: Also, some of you know her, Nicole. The MSN Messenger developer? Yeah well, she also confirmed on her blog that MSN Messenger v8.0 is in development.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/nicoleteee/Blog/cns...3JT4gWCg!154.entry

Do you need it in writing and signed by Bill Gates to believe me now?
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by ~INVASION~ on 08-30-2005 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qune
quote:
heard about it a couple a months ago before resident evil 4 came out, i was watching a tech show on the previousely named "g4techtv" television station, on the show they talked about how they were able to get stunning quality background animation with the new and never before used, jpg technology. I doubt ill find an article on it, prolly misleading information, but it was on g4tech, you wouldnt think theyd get something like that wrong :S

maybe i misheard them :S
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Hank on 08-30-2005 at 01:16 PM

tryig hard to defend urself now sean?..u were the one that first Posted about this thread yeah? ..:) you obviously believed all those features that were listed would have been in 8.0? . how many times did Cookie tell you Sean, i'd believe Patchou before i believed you,

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 02:13 PM

quote:
tryig hard to defend urself now sean?..u were the one that first Posted about this thread yeah? ..:) you obviously believed all those features that were listed would have been in 8.0? . how many times did Cookie tell you Sean, i'd believe Patchou before i believed you,

Because I posted a thread quoting a site does not mean I believe it. Read my first post:

These have not yet been confirmed by any Microsoft Employee, but sources tell me that indeed this could be what is going to be packaged into MSN Messenger 8.0.

And again, please read what I am saying, I do not and I did not say that this is the feature list. The ONLY thing I have confirmed to he TRUE is that MSN Messenger 8.0 is in development.
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by Patchou on 08-30-2005 at 05:11 PM

Cool down everybody, there's no reason to get mad over this. Sean is right, some of the stuff in the list will probably endup in the final version, we just don't know what yet, there's no need for a battle of who knows what ad nobody knows anything :p.

Also, I want to make something very clear regarding my last post: I said that what I saw was not on the list, I didn't say that I didn't see some of the stuff in the list (it's the opposite). And of course... no, I can't say anything so don't even ask :).

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by CookieRevised on 08-30-2005 at 05:40 PM

RebelSean, it is about misinformation and making suggestive posts, starting rumours. If you knew the list isn't 100% then why post it in the first place. And why not clearly state with big letters that this is all just a rumour (because it is; as nothing is confirmed at all)...or at least post the real source so people can read the real source thread, instead of copying from a site which also copied it from the source (and thus adding/removing ungrounded comments to it)

Making suggestive posts while you know some people will interpret it as "the holy truth" and spread it further (without the added notes), is worse than even posting the literal source post without anything added/removed.

I hope we all can remember what happened when someone posted that dynamic DP's would be added. It didn't take long before someone interpreted this as animated DPs and some time later as animated GIFs and all hell broke loose when MSN didn't added them...

This is just the same. If you don't know for sure, don't post it to avoid misinterpretations and rumours.

;)

PS1: if someone posted a list like that of Messenger Plus!, you would also complain about it being rumours etc...
PS2: don't take this too personaly, many people do this kind of things, so all this is more meant in general...

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by ShawnZ on 08-30-2005 at 05:42 PM

quote:
RebelSean, it is about misinformation and making suggestive posts, starting rumours. If you knew the list isn't 100% then why post it in the first place. And why not clearly state with big letters that this is all just a rumour (because it is; as nothing is confirmed at all)...

Making suggestive posts while you know some people will interpret it as "the holy truth" and spread it further (without the added notes), is worse than even posting the literal source post without anything added/removed.

I hope we all can remember what happened when someone posted that dynamic DP's would be added. It didn't take long before someone interpreted this as animated DPs and some time later as animated GIFs and all hell broke loose when MSN didn't added them...

This is just the same. If you don't know for sure, don't post it to avoid misinterpretations and rumours.
That really calls for one of Time's "ding." posts.

RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 07:41 PM

quote:
RebelSean, it is about misinformation and making suggestive posts, starting rumours. If you knew the list isn't 100% then why post it in the first place. And why not clearly state with big letters that this is all just a rumour (because it is; as nothing is confirmed at all)...

I did not know that one had to make size 50 font, and bold there letters to make it known that it is a rumour. I do get your point, and I do know that it's mearly spreading rumours but like I have stated before many times, I did not confirm the list to be in fact true.

quote:

Can you point to me were I ever made a suggestive post saying that the list was true :S? I don't remember doing anything remotely like that. All I have claimed to be true is that MSN Messenger 8 is in development.
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features? by CookieRevised on 08-31-2005 at 01:58 AM

quote:
quote:

Can you point to me were I ever made a suggestive post saying that the list was true :S? I don't remember doing anything remotely like that. All I have claimed to be true is that MSN Messenger 8 is in development.
In one of my previous posts I posted the chain of the posts, each forum/guy who posted it added and/or removed some lines. To an outsider, the post is suggestive and makes you believe the list is absolutly correct. When people read such things, they don't go reading the small print or wondering where did the list originated from. All they read is "feature list of msn messenger 8". And they may copy the list without the added important small print (if there is any in the first place).

Because of that you need to be very carefull in making such posts and its better not to make them or at least make a perfect word for word copy without anything added by yourself. There are many examples where people twist around facts in a slightly way (intended or not). And by reading/posting this over and over again the facts get twisted around a lot and in the end you end up with something entirly different then what was meant originally.

Read all the threads (on this forum and the other forums) to have an idea of how people interpret the list. You'll see that many see the list as a complete official feature list.