Shoutbox

Block Checker that works (idea) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Block Checker that works (idea) (/showthread.php?tid=49543)

Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 11:54 AM

I was using that hopper plugin and then i thought about a msn block checker.

I think that if you would use a plugin like hopper in a block ckecker then it might just work.

I think this because i got 1 hopper plugin and my cousin has a addon that can send pop ups and then know if any of the people click on it. But it doesnt work on his msn.

But everyone says that if the person has deleted you then the person wouldnt recieve the pop up. However if you go to options / privacy and the where there is contact list and it says see who addded you to their contact list then you click on view and you see who has deleted you.

I think this is a wicked idea and you should try it because it might just work.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by absorbation on 08-26-2005 at 11:58 AM

Well ways have been discussed like window open noticfer but it is not 100% accurate and does need certain conditions and i really doubt one would be made :sad:

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by Anubis on 08-26-2005 at 12:09 PM

Another thread based on the same idea - "open convo notifiers" as block checkers..

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Block checkers have been discussed on numerous occasions

Block checkers DO NOT work

How can you find out if someone blocked you?

See people that have blocked me

How come block checkers dont work for me?

No matter what you use it still can't be relied upon.

The threads you have linked to have no connection with this theory, they are all based on the old block checking method that no longer works, this is based on a new method.

Please read the first post before posting links to threads that aren't useful in this case! You can't judge a thread purely on the title.

This method does seem reliable for this function, with some work yes this would be a good idea. The thread I linked to at the top of this page outlines ways this can be done, and ways to go further with the idea, if anyone wishes.
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by ShawnZ on 08-26-2005 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kristian_012
But everyone says that if the person has deleted you then the person wouldnt recieve the pop up. However if you go to options / privacy and the where there is contact list and it says see who addded you to their contact list then you click on view and you see who has deleted you.

You mean like comparing that list agenst your contact list?

Been there, done that. Thing is, people don't ALWAYS delete you even if they block you. But if you want to do it anyway, google for "NoRoom's List Manager".
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Thing is, people don't ALWAYS delete you even if they block you. .

Very True... http://noroom.msnfanatic.com/listmanager/

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 12:26 PM

So if the people only block you then they will recieve the pop up and if they recieve it and click on it then the addon tells you that they clicked on it and you know that the person has block you .

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by ShawnZ on 08-26-2005 at 12:30 PM

quote:
So if the people only block you then they will recieve the pop up and if they recieve it and click on it then the addon tells you that they clicked on it and you know that the person has block you .

Sorry but you really make no sense, and to be honest if anyone here tries to understand that it will just result in more confustion. :undecided:
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 12:36 PM

quote:

And then if the person clicks on the pop up and they appear offline then they have blocked you.

IF they blocked you then generally dont want to talk to you so why would they click the pop up :S thats what i dont understand...
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 12:37 PM

Look everyone know the hopper plugin dont they.

To check if someone is blocking you then you send a pop up like with hopper.

And then if the person clicks on the pop up and they appear offline then they have blocked you.

There is a addon that my cousin has got that is able to tell him if the person has clicked on the pop up.

So if use these 2 types together then you will be able to see who has blocked you if they havent deleted you.

However if they have deleted you then as i explain before you can find out allready

You can customize the pop up saying something like you have recieved an email or something so they might just click on it.

And you send like 20 pop ups and if nothing shows up then they are really offline.

Or if your not certain then you keep tryin.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 12:41 PM

quote:

And you send like 20 pop ups and if nothing shows up then they are really offline.

Which then would annoy them more and you probably wouldn't be unblocked. I frequently block people who send 20 notifications cos it really annoys me,.
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 12:42 PM

This is to find out if they have blocked you.

You dont do this when they havent blocked you.

One of the ways to find out who has deleted you is to go to this site which i have tested and it works perfectly.

http://msncheck.41m.com/
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 01:53 PM

NoRooms List manager has this feature

http://noroom.msnfanatic.com/listmanager/

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 01:55 PM

What do you mean by NoRooms List manager has this feature

I check out that NoRooms list manager thing on stuffplug but my idea does not involve viruses or nothing illegal.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by ShawnZ on 08-26-2005 at 02:05 PM

quote:
I check out that NoRooms list manager thing on stuffplug but my idea does not involve viruses or nothing illegal.

Neither is the list manager,

And who says they would click the popup anyway :/

You could be trying for hours to get them to click it only to find out they were really offline.
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 02:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ

And who says they would click the popup anyway :/

Exactly lol, also i wouldnt 'login' to any site without MSN approval, especially with the security risk of giving an unknown site my login details.
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 02:21 PM

Yer that is why i said that you would only send the pop up around 20 times.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 02:22 PM

quote:

20 times

are you insane? lol 20 times would annoy the hell out of me

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by qgroessl on 08-26-2005 at 02:23 PM

Okay... but since nobody's said this already... with the newer versions of MSN if you have somebody blocked, a toast doesn't come up... Simple as that... I've never used the hopper plugin, so I dunno if they do even when you're blocked with that.... but normally they don't... So it still shouldn't work.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 02:27 PM

If your blocked by the person and you send around 20 pop ups then they would click on it atleast once.

And anyway they wouldnt know that your sending the pop up because you would have it customized.

And the only time when the person will not recieve the pop up is when they have deleted you of there list.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by -dt- on 08-26-2005 at 02:30 PM

quote:
And the only time when the person will not recieve the pop up is when they have deleted you of there list.
lies if you block someone you wont get messages saying their online

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by qgroessl on 08-26-2005 at 02:32 PM

Exactly... I just tested it out without hopper by signing onto my friends MSN and blocking myself on his list, and going on and off appear offline... no pop ups.... I'll test with hopper.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 02:32 PM

You will because i have tested it and you do recieve the pop up.

This is because you can send it like the anonimail thing except in a pop up.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by qgroessl on 08-26-2005 at 02:40 PM

I've tried various ways to get it to work with the hopper plug-in... Hasn't worked... No notifications pop up to my contact list....

ALSO! I've looked... and I've only found out how to get the number of hops to 5... no where near the 20 you were requesting.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 02:42 PM

You send 5 then another 5 .......

And then you'll get to 20

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by ShawnZ on 08-26-2005 at 02:42 PM

quote:
You will because i have tested it and you do recieve the pop up.

This is because you can send it like the anonimail thing except in a pop up.

So at the risk of annoying everyone on your contact list with popups you want a one in a million chance to see if they click your popup.
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by qgroessl on 08-26-2005 at 02:43 PM

There's a forced five minute delay.... Anti flood crap...... yeah... I dunno exactly... but there's no way you could send 20 within a 30 second time frame to piss off your contact like your saying....

In any case! This would be so unrelieable so it doesn't even pay to continue on the subject.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 02:43 PM

You send the pop up only to 1 person not to all your contact list

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by qgroessl on 08-26-2005 at 02:46 PM

quote:
You send the pop up only to 1 person not to all your contact list

Agreed as to not pissing off your other contacts.... BUT! like I mentioned before... it would be completely unreliable if it's even possible (which I don't believe it is)...

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 02:48 PM

Yer well maybe if you tryed to make the plugin then you might find that it works.

So i advice that you try to make it .

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by qgroessl on 08-26-2005 at 02:52 PM

quote:
So i advice that you try to make it .

Not a programmer... sorry... I don't think many programmers will try and making it either because it's an invasion of privacy also... Which is not encouraged :), sorry.
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 03:08 PM

My cousin gave me the software to me but he changed the name to Who's blocking 1.2 so i dont know the real name of the software.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kipper2258 on 08-26-2005 at 03:38 PM

Well, if someone blocks/deleates you it is probably for a reason, and it should stay that way, rather than annoying people more by invading their privacy.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-26-2005 at 03:49 PM

So people are starting to admit that my idea might and should work.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kipper2258 on 08-26-2005 at 03:51 PM

quote:

no, with the current system it would only probably work if "All Others" is in the allow list otherwise it won't work (as far as I know), it would be so unreliable, it would be pointless
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by CookieRevised on 08-26-2005 at 06:07 PM

quote:
What do you mean by NoRooms List manager has this feature

NoRoom List Manager is one of the best contactlist managers which exist. StuffPlug is one of the most respected and most used plugin for Messenger Plus!.... None of those have got anything todo with illegal stuff or virusses.

In fact, they are a lot more trustable than all those online block checker/status checkers tools which could always record your msn login and password for all you know... (and they are not reliable as block checkers anyways)

quote:
only in very specific conditions. Again this is not any better in the smallest way than the old unreliable way of how "normal block checkers" work...

In other words, no it will not work and you will NEVER be certain if you are blocked or if the contact is "appear offline" or if he is offline...

PS: and if you are a guy that sends 20 popups to someone then you deserved to be blocked....
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by siebe on 08-26-2005 at 06:13 PM

The method is as effective as a dead cow is at mooing.

The list in your Options dialog is a very simple "trick". MSN Messenger has a list called the "RL", on which people are stored that have you on their list. It serves little purpose other than contact list management for the client itself (and you could detect "ghost contacts", contacts that you have on your list but not vice versa). This is however far from "block checking" seeing as they might still have you on their AL and hence, you still see them online & can talk to them.

No block checker utility is 100% effective anymore. Every block checking method suggested so far as flaws. One more than others. Nowadays every block checker has a couple (read: a lot) of conditions that need to be met in order to check if someone has blocked you (e.g. Allow others option). Here's a pretty complicated one, that a) assumes person is using 7.x, b) has "has signed in" alerts enabled: Set status to HDN, change DP, sign in. If the person opens a conversation and requests your new DP within the time the alert is being shown on their screen then they don't have you blocked. You could, if you want, change your friendly name as well to something more attractive to click (this is called "Toasting").

Anyhow, we don't need a gazillion block checkers, if you want to find out, just send and e-mail or call the person. You know, IM isn't everything. Besides, there must be a good reason youve been blocked. Unless someone finds a truely effective method I suggest topics like there are just ignored or something. As an example, http://msnblockchecker.com used to offer a trojan invested block "checker", you willing to risk your computers security for simply checking if someone blocked you? Think not.

In short, don't bother :)

RE: RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by riahc4 on 08-28-2005 at 12:26 AM

quote:
If your blocked by the person and you send around 20 pop ups then they would click on it atleast once.

And anyway they wouldnt know that your sending the pop up because you would have it customized.

I wouldnt
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by qgroessl on 08-28-2005 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I wouldnt

No kidding... it'd seem a bit dodgy that there'd be some weird message box that appears every second or so saying the same thing.
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 08-29-2005 at 03:53 PM

Thats is why you would be able to change it and modify it

does anybod here read the whole post

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by ShawnZ on 08-29-2005 at 03:55 PM

quote:

I guess you still don't understand the impractibility of this.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by riahc4 on 08-29-2005 at 09:57 PM

quote:

And? I still wouldnt click on it.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by Negro_Joe on 08-29-2005 at 11:36 PM

I dont see the point of block checjers if some1 doesnt like me and blocks me i dont see the point of talking to them anyway. Though no-one has blocked me recently, but then again i dont use a block checker so how do i know? :D

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by multimillion2k on 08-30-2005 at 03:55 AM

I have a theory:
Desire to discover who is blocking you = Desire of your contacts to block you

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by jenifer_4 on 08-30-2005 at 04:57 AM

I HEARD MSN BLOCKER was a viris but who knows i have it nothing happend yet lol

RE: RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by DragonX on 08-30-2005 at 05:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mess.be
Because of recent developments, I would like to repeat a warning already issued in 2004 (maybe even 2003!):

Stay away from anything that claims it can tell who blocked you on MSN Messenger!

Why? Because first of all IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. Ever since Microsoft made some adjustments, the golden years of "block checking" are over. Not a single program or website can make a distinction between a contact who's offline or who's blocking you.

Secondly, most of them are PURE EVIL. Some collect e-mail addresses for SPAM (and SPIM), others try to install adware or trojans or other malware onto your system. The "services" at URLs including 41m, block-checker or block-detector are among the bad guys. And just like most MSN Messenger worms, they are involuntarily being promoted by your own contacts. So don't fall for scams like this, you've been warned.

>> Read the instructions to remove block-checker.

>> Read more on the block-checker adware at McAfee or Symantec.

>> Read our FAQ How can I see who blocked me on MSN Messenger?

There ya have it...

Source : Block checkers are EVIL!
RE: RE: RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by jenifer_4 on 08-30-2005 at 05:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DragonX
quote:
Originally posted by mess.be
Because of recent developments, I would like to repeat a warning already issued in 2004 (maybe even 2003!):

Stay away from anything that claims it can tell who blocked you on MSN Messenger!

Why? Because first of all IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. Ever since Microsoft made some adjustments, the golden years of "block checking" are over. Not a single program or website can make a distinction between a contact who's offline or who's blocking you.

Secondly, most of them are PURE EVIL. Some collect e-mail addresses for SPAM (and SPIM), others try to install adware or trojans or other malware onto your system. The "services" at URLs including 41m, block-checker or block-detector are among the bad guys. And just like most MSN Messenger worms, they are involuntarily being promoted by your own contacts. So don't fall for scams like this, you've been warned.

>> Read the instructions to remove block-checker.

>> Read more on the block-checker adware at McAfee or Symantec.

>> Read our FAQ How can I see who blocked me on MSN Messenger?

There ya have it...

Source : Block checkers are EVIL!

Thanks for telling me but i have already got it off my computer
RE: RE: RE: RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by DragonX on 08-30-2005 at 05:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jenifer_4
Thanks for telling me but i have already got it off my computer

My pleasure, hopefully it'll help other ppl too :)
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by Nitemistress on 08-30-2005 at 06:10 AM

If you want to find out if you're blocked without annoying the shit out of the person you're checking and keeping in mind the privacy settings of the people you want to check then just use one of two sites. Each one will give you the current nick minus the personal message IF their privacy settings allow their status to be seen.

Also works for Yahoo, AIM, etc

Allows input of 8 email addresses at one time

NOTE THAT NEITHER WILL WORK IF THE PERSON HAS THE PRIVACY OPTION "Only people on my Allow List can see my status and send me messages" SET !!!

This avoids ticking anyone off any more than you already have that got you blocked in the first place by using something that's just going to get in their face.

The ONLY real bonus to these particular sites is if you CANNOT sign into MSN and are wondering if someone who DOESN'T have you blocked is on it will let you know.

RE: RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by DragonX on 08-30-2005 at 06:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitemistress
NOTE THAT NEITHER WILL WORK IF THE PERSON HAS THE PRIVACY OPTION "Only people on my Allow List can see my status and send me messages" SET !!!

Isn't it set like that by default when u install Messenger?
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by Nitemistress on 08-30-2005 at 06:25 AM

I'm inclined to say no it isn't since a friend of mine who has set his for only people on his allow list before has reinstalled windows and it's always set so anyone can see when he's installs messenger again. It's only if he really thinks to check that it gets set to only those on the allow list.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by LittleK on 08-30-2005 at 10:41 PM

Just thought id add to this post, www.block-checker.com (Have They Blocked You?) is a VIRUS for people wondering, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.

Any block checker ive ever seen or heard of or even used, hasnt worked. Block checker is in the same league as "hacking" in my point of view. You know those little dodgy programs which say "Put the email in here and then we will randomly change thier pass! for FREE!"? Pointless waste of time and never works.

Best advice - be nice to people then they wont block you :P

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by riahc4 on 08-31-2005 at 03:58 PM

Im just noticed that there are alot of female members.....Weird....

Well I think we just should let this die because this idea is crap and doesnt work either.

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 09-01-2005 at 05:14 PM

The allow only people on my contact list to see the status thing is only for if they have deleted you.

So it wont block the pop ups.

Because i blocked my cousin and everytime he signed in a pop up would come saying he is online.

RE: RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by CookieRevised on 09-01-2005 at 05:21 PM

quote:
The allow only people on my contact list to see the status thing is only for if they have deleted you.
No it is not

quote:
So it wont block the pop ups.

Because i blocked my cousin and everytime he signed in a pop up would come saying he is online.

The "allow only people on my allow list" is not meant for incomming messages but for outgoing messages! If your contact has blocked _you_ and ticked that option you will never find out if he has blocked you.

Sorry, but please read all the stuff we have said in this thread and do some homework before posting about stuff you don't know about. Blockcheckers DO NOT WORK...

We don't say this to annoy you or because we don't like you or whatever, we say this because we know how the protocol and all the stuff in MSN Messenger works.
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by kristian_012 on 09-01-2005 at 05:47 PM

I got a close friend to tell a programmer to put the hopper program and some other program together.

Try downloading this it will explain my idea.

It is a program like my idea.

Then you see what i mean.

RE: RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by CookieRevised on 09-05-2005 at 04:36 AM

quote:
I got a close friend to tell a programmer to put the hopper program and some other program together.

Try downloading this it will explain my idea.

It is a program like my idea.

Then you see what i mean.

You already posted that program previously in this thread here and there is NO need to do it again, we all explained several times WHY this will NOT work...

Please read all those post since you attached the program for the first time and understand them.

It is not our fault if you don't understand why it does not work, don't persist in trying to proof otherwise (especially when you, yourself, do not know how these things work). Everything which needed to be said and explained is already said and explained multiple times to you...

There is a time to post ideas, and there is a time that people say that the idea will NOT work and explain why. And that is were it should end...
RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by gbswales on 09-05-2005 at 09:36 AM

There seems to be some confusion here about "privacy" - if I give my email to someone in good faith to add me then there should be message automatically returned to me by Messenger if they delete or block me - it is MY email address they are blocking not theirs.

I also think there should be change to "appear offline" which allows you to start a convo with a particular contact even though they cannot contact you. I know this kind of contradicts the first but not really - I am not blocking any one individual just really busy but needing to talk to just one person

RE: Block Checker that works (idea) by lordy on 09-05-2005 at 11:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gbswales
There seems to be some confusion here about "privacy" - if I give my email to someone in good faith to add me then there should be message automatically returned to me by Messenger if they delete or block me - it is MY email address they are blocking not theirs.

THey must have had their reasons for blocking you in the first place, if they block you then generally you would know that they have... if they havent been online for a while, then look @ the list of people who ahve you on their list and if they aren't on there, then obviously they have deleted you

quote:
Originally posted by gbswales
I also think there should be change to "appear offline" which allows you to start a convo with a particular contact even though they cannot contact you. I know this kind of contradicts the first but not really - I am not blocking any one individual just really busy but needing to talk to just one person

That's not really a good idea, seeing as though people could abuse it by sending abusive messages to someone that can't reply to them... it would happen... plus this is soething that microsoft would have to put in themselves anyway i believe...