Shoutbox

Don't do drugs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Don't do drugs (/showthread.php?tid=49544)

Don't do drugs by Ben™ on 08-26-2005 at 01:30 PM

Despite what you may think from the thread title, this is a very serious thread and a very serious plea to all of you, asking you to never, ever do drugs. This is why:

The past Monday, I found out that on the Saturday, my girlfriend was in hospital. She told me on the Monday which explained why I couldnt contact her on the Saturday. I originally thought it wa sbecause she had a bad flu (as she did), but tonight I found out it was MUCH worse. I infact found out that she was in there because on the Friday night, she was "expeimenting" with some friends, and overdosed on a drug (which she wont tell me which it was or how she got it). She was then taken to the emergency room to have her stomach pumped.
Having heard this, I am now scared for her life. Her friends tell me she was very close to dieing. You do not have a clue how scared I am. I almost cried.

Having heard this, I really do hope this puts you off (or at least discourages you) drugs for good. I myself would never touch a drug with a 10ft barge pole, and never will.

Thank you for reading.

RE: Don't do drugs by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 01:36 PM

Hi Ben, firstly its great you feel confident enough to talk about this type of situation.

Secondly, I think you need to talk to your girlfriend about what she is doing, don't try to stop her because chances are she will just rebel and get worse; explain calmly one-on-one how it makes you feel and if she truly feels enough for you, she will take your opinion and stop.

If she wants to but cannot stop, seek professional help, and stick by her :)

Whatever you do, don't ignore or leave her at this moment because it's quite a crucial part of her life - try it once and stop, or carry on.

Good Luck (Y)

RE: Don't do drugs by Jhrono on 08-26-2005 at 01:37 PM

Damn, i see you like her a lot...Be on top of what she does on future times...Bla, say no to drugs and tabbaco ! :S...Another soldier goes down...

RE: Don't do drugs by Tasha on 08-26-2005 at 01:42 PM

Damn, i'm really sorry to hear that. :(
Hopefully she'll think twice now if she is ever offered them again. I myself would never touch drugs, as I know what risks there are.
Give her a little time, then ask her what happened again. She'll come round, she just needs time to realize what happened herself.
I give you and her my best wishes. :) (y)

RE: RE: Don't do drugs by Supersonicdarky on 08-26-2005 at 01:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
say no to drugs

[time killing joke]
I said no to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
[/time killing joke]

but yes you are right, when i was about 8 i watched so many movies and documentaries about drugs, that now it makes me sick just thinking about it. Hope your girlfriend stays alright
RE: Don't do drugs by Max on 08-26-2005 at 01:52 PM

Sorry to hear about that. :(

RE: Don't do drugs by Rubber Stamp on 08-26-2005 at 01:59 PM

i hope she gets out of hospital real soon, fully recovered and deaddicted.
SAY NO TO DRUGS ALCHOHOL AND SMOKING!

RE: Don't do drugs by qgroessl on 08-26-2005 at 02:01 PM

Well... even though I can't honestly say I know for a fact that I'll never try drugs.. I know that if I do I'll understand and have to accept the consequences....

But! I hope she's alright.... I've had more than one girlfriend who's needed their stomaches pumped (lack of eating).... One of them had an eating disorder... the other was so sick that she couldn't keep anything down.... But they both turned out alright... So I think she should do fine....

I dunno if you have a problem with her trying the drug, which I'd imagine you do... But I'd wait to confront her about it until she's feeling well again, for all you know you could be all she's hanging on to right now.

RE: Don't do drugs by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 02:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp

You can't just say 'no' as it is, people suffer from lots of pressure, for example peer pressure, especially with alcohol and smoking and drugs
RE: Don't do drugs by qgroessl on 08-26-2005 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
You can't just say 'no' as it is, people suffer from lots of pressure, for example peer pressure, especially with alcohol and smoking and drugs

Peer pressure sucks.... But I usually don't give in to it.... and about saying no to alcohol... I firmly believe that alcohol isn't a bad thing (like smoking and drugs)... AS LONG AS!  you do it in decent amounts, and you drink responsibly..... I used to smoke a bit... but I quit on that habit as soon as I realized that it could seriously screw up some things I have going for me in my life.... Drugs... Well they're just all around bad.... I mean.... I've taken vicadin illegally a few times... but I did it for pain.....

Tobacco is a bit different too.... I mean, I wouldn't ever smoke a cigar, but I love the smell of cigar smoke.... and chew... well, Tried it once, really didn't like the flavor at all, and it's pretty pointless... So i'd never do it again.
RE: Don't do drugs by emit on 08-26-2005 at 02:51 PM

nothing wrong with doing a few recreational drugs. that shit's good for keeping chilled. don't let the few extremely rare bad cases put you off drugs.

RE: Don't do drugs by ShawnZ on 08-26-2005 at 02:52 PM

quote:
peer pressure

...have you even been pressured into taking drugs?

Its not hard to say no. (at least for me anyway?)
RE: Don't do drugs by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
peer pressure

...have you even been pressured into taking drugs?

Its not hard to say no. (at least for me anyway?)

Personally I haven't faced that, over MSN I have though
RE: Don't do drugs by ipab on 08-26-2005 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Personally I haven't faced that, over MSN I have though

thats very odd, i dont't really understand how someone can put pressure on you over the internet, unless he has something on you ofcourse.

as for answering the topic:

well, many a time dugs area useful thing, people can overdose on cough medicine, but doesn't mean that it has its beneficial qualities. Same goes with anything, if you are doing something legitimate, and not something that is grown in ones backyard or in their bathtub, then there is a likely chance that it wont hurt you, if you use it in moderation. Mind you, even today, alcohol is grown in the backyards and many a time they dont know the slight difference bewteen ethanol and alcohol (it gets converted that way, if not done properly), thus proving my statement. Drugs can also have other beneficial purposes, here in canada, we allow the use of medicinal marijuana for terminal ilnesses, it eases the terrible pain of their ailments. Thus what im trying to say is that, not all drugs are bad. Just think about it logically before you go out and do something stupid.

seriously though, have never been pressured into doing that sort of thing.
RE: Don't do drugs by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 03:53 PM

Its not so much pressure its just like "if we meet we can do such and such"

RE: Don't do drugs by blackjack on 08-26-2005 at 03:55 PM

Sorry to hear that Ben, Hope everything gets better :)

RE: Don't do drugs by Pr0xY on 08-26-2005 at 04:23 PM

Ben, it is truely a sad thing what happened to your friend, I hope she recovers quickly.

But now to make my point.

Yes Ben's friend was drasticly affected by drugs and her life was almost taken, but thats not good reason for everyone else to stop doing it.  yes I know drugs can be bad,  I'm not saying their not.  Just hear me out...

What if a friend of mine bought a fast car/motor bike, and acted stupid and un-responsiblely while driving it, and crashed & almost killed himself.  Would you then stop driving your car if I asked you too because of what happened to my friend?  Of course not.  There's lots of stuff in this world that can harm us, but that doesn't mean we MUST stop using it. 

Tip of the week
Use Common Sence

RE: Don't do drugs by ipab on 08-26-2005 at 04:45 PM

i like your analogy. Its very insightful, Ben's situation is truly regrettable, and my condolences go out to him. I was intending a similar meaning in my post.

p.s w00t 250th post

RE: Don't do drugs by FrozenDaggers on 08-26-2005 at 07:14 PM

This is one of those extreme cases of drug abuse. tbh. Drugs suck, no matter what you're going through, find something else to do other than drugs.
I know people who've had stuff happen to them because of drugs and I know people who have died from them.
Ben, I hope your girlfriend gets better. Talk to her, and if she still wants to do drugs (probably unlikely), then just try and talk her out of it. If it gets out of control she can end up throwing her life away.

RE: Don't do drugs by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 07:37 PM

Well yeah one guy was most of my respectable friends then he started drugs and near ignores me now, :'(

RE: Don't do drugs by Pinchichuv on 08-26-2005 at 07:46 PM

yeah drugs suck, one of my old friends do drugs, but a lot, one time i was in a party, and he went, an he told me to go with him to his car, and we went and his car, he took some cocain of the car and started using it, i was like :S WTF,  and he had a gun and took it to the party and we went with a nother friend and hi told my friend (junkie) that it was a water pistol and we laught, but then the junkie put the gun on my friends head, and said, do you wan to see that its a real gun. and i told him it was just a joke, and to put the gun away or i will kick his ass, and he put his gun on his jeans, and then he leave the party

RE: Don't do drugs by marissa on 08-26-2005 at 07:50 PM

my sister just got out of the hospital for doing a bad trip on acid and extacy. so...
not all drugs are bad...id just say chems, but...shrooms can mess you up and stuff. oh, and salvia

RE: Don't do drugs by Pr0xY on 08-26-2005 at 07:57 PM

See marissa knows...

Chemical drugs, drugs that aren't natural, are bad in my opinion.  Stuff like Cristal Meth, crack, PCP, Speed.  I'm against that stuff.  But natural drugs like Pot, Shrooms, Payote, Salvia, are all fine as long as you use them RESPONIBELY. (With Cocaine being the ecception, that stuff is fucked up). 

RE: Don't do drugs by RebelSean on 08-26-2005 at 09:21 PM

Lo Ben,

You know you could have talked to be about this on MSN. I am always here for you mate. I do hope your girlfriend gets better, and I hope that everything will turn out right for yall. Myself, I'm not going to deny it, I have gotten high and I do drink. I've only gotten high about 4 times, and I drink everyweekend with my friends. No, I do not have a problem or addiction, and if I wanted to stop it would be easy. I do it because it relieves (sp?) stress. But hey, this thread isn't about me so :p.

RE: Don't do drugs by Millenium_edition on 08-26-2005 at 09:37 PM

tbh if you need drugs to relief stress and/or alcohol to have fun and/or smoking for some idiot reason, you have serious issues ¬¬

those things are classified as "bad" because they change you (permanently or not, doesn't matter), you get addicted to them and they have negative side-effects (most of them do :wink: )

why use them anyway?

RE: Don't do drugs by mwe99 on 08-26-2005 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
, you have serious issues ¬¬

True, there are lots of natural highs anyways, try going for a 5 mile run and see how you feel when you come back... tired but you'll feel happy. Or if you need to stressrelief try kickboxing... today my dog got put down and i was deverstated, quite frankly i thought anyone who annoys me will get floored but then i just calmed down and told myself all the comforting crap... i didnt need drugs to get over that
RE: Don't do drugs by RebelSean on 08-26-2005 at 10:09 PM

quote:
tbh if you need drugs to relief stress and/or alcohol to have fun and/or smoking for some idiot reason, you have serious issues ¬¬

those things are classified as "bad" because they change you (permanently or not, doesn't matter), you get addicted to them and they have negative side-effects (most of them do :wink: )

why use them anyway?

I should have pointed out in my post, that I've only TRIED weed 4x and the last time I tried it was about 3 months ago at the end of school with friends. I don't get DRUNK, I just drink :p. And I don't do it to be "Cool" I do it (Drink that is) because I like it, and I like the buzz off of it.
RE: Don't do drugs by marissa on 08-26-2005 at 10:11 PM

i want a joint right now. is that bad? i dont think so...
like i was all anti-drugs for a little bit but god...its a change from reality. and im not getting my ass up to run 5 miles...i can sit and do other stuff and release stress and stuff. im under so much stress right now but im not like addicted to weed or anything. i just wanna escape for a little bit :\

RE: Don't do drugs by M73A on 08-26-2005 at 10:16 PM

my mate does drugs... he was on weed in year 8 and everyone was saying he'd be on the harder stuff... he always said he'd NEVER do it 'swear down' and all that crap but now hes on the E's and Coke.... what can ya do aye

RE: Don't do drugs by Millenium_edition on 08-26-2005 at 10:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:

why use them anyway?

I should have pointed out in my post, that I've only TRIED weed 4x and the last time I tried it was about 3 months ago at the end of school with friends. I don't get DRUNK, I just drink :p. And I don't do it to be "Cool" I do it (Drink that is) because I like it, and I like the buzz off of it.
it's not a matter of "only 4x" (and not a matter of you, but let's ignore this), it's a matter of doing it.
RE: Don't do drugs by RebelSean on 08-26-2005 at 10:24 PM

It's not like I do it everyday, and that I'm a drug addict. I've never smoked a whole joint thing whatever they call it. I've mearly took 2 or 3 puffs and about fell over laughing. I dont like it, and wouldnt do it again :p.

RE: Don't do drugs by Lieter on 08-26-2005 at 10:42 PM

i drink occasionally with some friends, but just to the point i start to feel funny (5 beers or so :P). But ive never done drugs.. although a lot of my friends smoke weed sometims.. i think it smells aweful and i dont smoke.. so i dont do it even if they try to pass me a joint.. so its a full no drugs and a 'just for the occaision' to alcohol

oh yeah ben.. I hope your GF gets 101% better :)

RE: Don't do drugs by Kryptonate on 08-26-2005 at 11:31 PM

Proxy, how can you compare driving a car to taking drugs? o_O. Driving a car doesn't get you do weird stuff like drugs do. If you drive a car you still know what you're doing (unless your a speedfreak that can't control himself, then you'd best stop..) while this often isn't the case with drugs.
If you compare taking drugs to driving a car, then you can compare taking drugs to anything, as everything can get you killed.

I know not all drugs are bad. A joint for example isn't bad, but once you get used to what it gives you you just want more so you go to other drugs. This is where it goes wrong, because it damages you.

People can say they say no to peer pressure, but if people didn't listen to the pressure then we wouldn't be speaking of peer pressure. There are indeed people (luckely) that can say no, but a lot of people can't. How would you else explain that so many teenagers smoke? Don't tell me they all saw a sigaret lying and thought: "hey, why not try it?". (yes, again, there are people stupid enough to do this, but a lot of people just get it from their friends). What Ben his gf did is an excellent example of peer pressure.

RE: Don't do drugs by L. Coyote on 08-26-2005 at 11:54 PM

Firstly: Ben, hope she gets better and you two talk about it. (Y)

* L. Coyote throws himself into the sea of discussions.

Personally, taking drugs (in small ammounts) every month or so is ok.

If you do it every day (or many times a week) it will take over at one point or destroy your body. You might not care now, but if you ever try to get out you'll find it very difficult.

Everything is ok when you control it.
RE: Don't do drugs by uberdosis on 08-27-2005 at 12:07 AM

Her friends arnt very responsible to allow such a thing to happen. I know my friends and my partners friends wouldnt allow such a thing to happen.
She wont tell you what she took? Whats that go there, yous have a very open realtionship.

RE: RE: RE: Don't do drugs by DJeX on 08-27-2005 at 12:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
i hope she gets out of hospital real soon, fully recovered and deaddicted.

amen to that (Y)

i hope your gf is ok ben.

I also agree.

I ocasonly drink wine but not much.
RE: Don't do drugs by Purity on 08-27-2005 at 01:13 AM

That's reallly sad man, but I have a tiny feeling she tried crystal meth.  And I hope to god she didn't.  Crystal meth will screw you up right from the beginning, seriously.   It's starting to come into this town that I live in, but I know no one stupid enough to try it.  But of course it could be another drug.  I've only done weed in my life, and that has tiny side effects, compared to heroin, cocain, or meth.  I prolly won't go any further than that.  But I hope that she doesn't get into this anymore, I hope she learned a lesson.

RE: Don't do drugs by Dane on 08-27-2005 at 01:31 AM

Ok, first off, im going to go off into a rant-type-story here, so skip this post if you're not up for reading it.

XxRebelSeanxX, its that kind of thinking that ends up hurting people.  "I've only done it 4x, another time wont hurt me"...thats the mindset drug addicts get into, and once you're there, you pretty much stay their unless you enter lockup.

Both of my siblings have had serious drug problems and everyday it makes me think more and more about how I will not EVER do drugs and up like them.  My sister recovered and has been clean for 6 years now, and my brother is still actively refusing that he is addicted.  His addiction, you might ask?  Marijuana.  And dont give me bullshit about it not being addicting, he likes the high and thats the addiction, he kept going back and now its a mental state for him to take weed whenever he is stressed.

Weed, Alcohol, Cigarettes, all of it does the same thing.  It addicts you.  And once you're in, you need to be locked in a facility with tight screening of visitors before you get better.  When I used to go see my sister when I was younger and she was in, they would literally check us down to our socks to ensure we didnt have drugs to pass on to her or any of the other addicts.  Its not a fun thing being locked in a drug institution either.

So, before you pick up a drug, think about the consequences that will more than likely happen as a result. One things for certain...if you're doing drugs constantly, you are not going to know me much longer.

Hope things work out for you and her, Ben!

RE: RE: Don't do drugs by NiteMare on 08-27-2005 at 01:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
nothing wrong with doing a few recreational drugs. that shit's good for keeping chilled. don't let the few extremely rare bad cases put you off drugs.

theres no way to tell you how much i disagree with you, my ex-gf's friend experamented on some "e", the mix was bad and she passed out, and smacked her head, the parametics arived and found her, and put her on life support, they arived at the hospital, and found she was brian dead, her family kept her on life support for the rest of the day, becasue it was her birthday, and they didn't want her to die on her birthday,

i heard that story and i will NEVER do drugs, you always have a chance of dying, even on the first try
RE: RE: Don't do drugs by Voldemort on 08-27-2005 at 03:45 AM

quote:
TRUE
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Peer pressure sucks.... But I usually don't give in to it.... and about saying no to alcohol... I firmly believe that alcohol isn't a bad thing (like smoking and drugs)... AS LONG AS!  you do it in decent amounts, and you drink responsibly..... I used to smoke a bit... but I quit on that habit as soon as I realized that it could seriously screw up some things I have going for me in my life.... Drugs... Well they're just all around bad.... I mean.... I've taken vicadin illegally a few times... but I did it for pain.....

Tobacco is a bit different too.... I mean, I wouldn't ever smoke a cigar, but I love the smell of cigar smoke.... and chew... well, Tried it once, really didn't like the flavor at all, and it's pretty pointless... So i'd never do it again.

You smoked but you didnt?
u smoked pot?
RE: Don't do drugs by DJeX on 08-27-2005 at 03:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Ok, first off, im going to go off into a rant-type-story here, so skip this post if you're not up for reading it.

XxRebelSeanxX, its that kind of thinking that ends up hurting people.  "I've only done it 4x, another time wont hurt me"...thats the mindset drug addicts get into, and once you're there, you pretty much stay their unless you enter lockup.

Both of my siblings have had serious drug problems and everyday it makes me think more and more about how I will not EVER do drugs and up like them.  My sister recovered and has been clean for 6 years now, and my brother is still actively refusing that he is addicted.  His addiction, you might ask?  Marijuana.  And dont give me bullshit about it not being addicting, he likes the high and thats the addiction, he kept going back and now its a mental state for him to take weed whenever he is stressed.

Weed, Alcohol, Cigarettes, all of it does the same thing.  It addicts you.  And once you're in, you need to be locked in a facility with tight screening of visitors before you get better.  When I used to go see my sister when I was younger and she was in, they would literally check us down to our socks to ensure we didnt have drugs to pass on to her or any of the other addicts.  Its not a fun thing being locked in a drug institution either.

So, before you pick up a drug, think about the consequences that will more than likely happen as a result. One things for certain...if you're doing drugs constantly, you are not going to know me much longer.

I agree 100%.

My 2 uncles and cousin are both almost brain dead because of drugs. My cousin is the worst though. She sees things and she even some times according to her she says she’s talking to Leonardo de Vinci and they have good conversations. My cousin is now classified as a schizophrenic. She snaps at any time. Right now she’s livening in one of those places where you go and they take care of you since she has no money and can't think like we do.

My uncle’s life is ruined too from drugs. Well both of my uncles. One of them got so deeply depressed from the pain killers he was OD ing on with a mix of some other drug, he tried killing himself with sleeping pills. He took the whole bottle. After about two weeks of not hearing from him my grandpa (his dad) went to his apartment to find him passed out on the couch. He slept for two weeks, and if my grandpa wouldn't have found him he would have died.

My other uncle cooked his brain from drugs. He did so much he now has a chemical imbalance in his brain which causes him to be instantly depressed or extremely angry. He’s been to the nut house a couple of times because he’s destroyed whole apartment rooms, smashed solid cast iron pans in two. So he’s basically a psychotic waiting to snap. And to end all this, all three my cousin and 2 uncles are on medication to supposedly help but it don’t.

Drugs ruin you. Right now my Mom is quitting smoking. She’s having a tough time but I keep praying that she will come through. From drugs I’ve lost part of my family, it’s too bad because at one time I really liked those people but now I can’t even have a conversation with them because its like talking to a zombie, there in front of you but nobody is home upstairs.

RE: RE: Don't do drugs by Voldemort on 08-27-2005 at 03:51 AM

quote:
quote:
, you have serious issues ¬¬

True, there are lots of natural highs anyways, try going for a 5 mile run and see how you feel when you come back... tired but you'll feel happy. Or if you need to stressrelief try kickboxing... today my dog got put down and i was deverstated, quite frankly i thought anyone who annoys me will get floored but then i just calmed down and told myself all the comforting crap... i didnt need drugs to get over that

True , its the adrenaline, same effect of some beer...

You can say oh.. i can quit anytime, but you cant realize ur addicted...
RE: RE: Don't do drugs by RebelSean on 08-27-2005 at 04:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane

No, you got me wrong. I would not consider myself as actually doing them, I have tried them on a few occasions. As I said, I am not a drug addict, and I have not did it for months. I tried it, first time I liked it, tried it again and I relized I did not like it. I am responsible enough not to get addicted to something, and I have a strong enough mind to do anything else.

Another thing, you say that if you try it one time you are addicted. That's not true. The first time I have ever drank any alchohol I drank 3-4 shots of jack daniels, I did not get addicted. I do it now when I am at a party, and I do it because I am responsible and mature enough to make that decision. Both of my grandfathers are alchoholics, and I sure as hell will not end up like them.

I am old enough now to make my own decisions, weither they be wrong or right. If I decide I want to drink, and I know when enough is enough and I am mentaly strong enough not to get addicted then I think I can drink as much as I want. On the contrary, I do not want to make it look like I am a alchoholic because I'm not :p.
RE: Don't do drugs by Hank on 08-27-2005 at 04:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben™
Despite what you may think from the thread title, this is a very serious thread and a very serious plea to all of you, asking you to never, ever do drugs. This is why:

The past Monday, I found out that on the Saturday, my girlfriend was in hospital. She told me on the Monday which explained why I couldnt contact her on the Saturday. I originally thought it wa sbecause she had a bad flu (as she did), but tonight I found out it was MUCH worse. I infact found out that she was in there because on the Friday night, she was "expeimenting" with some friends, and overdosed on a drug (which she wont tell me which it was or how she got it). She was then taken to the emergency room to have her stomach pumped.
Having heard this, I am now scared for her life. Her friends tell me she was very close to dieing. You do not have a clue how scared I am. I almost cried.

Having heard this, I really do hope this puts you off (or at least discourages you) drugs for good. I myself would never touch a drug with a 10ft barge pole, and never will.

Thank you for reading.

i have dun 2 Drugs in my life.  but i have a female friend that does it an has tried to kill herself, by OD'ing, sahe also ended up in hospital, , now she has ruined her life an self esteem, she was an still is on "speed"  the sad thing is, she has a daughter also, i know kids arent stupid, her daughter will have realised or wil lrealise what was happening as the daughter saw the mother in hospital, i personally dont think she's fit enough to be a mother, but what im saying is, i do not have any sympathy for people that do take drugs, on a regular basis,  when i did drugs i only did Hash an marijuana, but i also had the common sense to know when enuff was enuff i stopped doing them.
RE: Don't do drugs by user27089 on 08-27-2005 at 09:03 AM

Don't worry, I will never take any severe drugs, I won't say that I won't use marijuana ever as there is a chance of medical purpouses, this also exludes morphine by the way...

I hope everything is okay...

RE: Don't do drugs by Kryptonate on 08-27-2005 at 12:00 PM

quote:
No, you got me wrong. I would not consider myself as actually doing them, I have tried them on a few occasions. As I said, I am not a drug addict, and I have not did it for months. I tried it, first time I liked it, tried it again and I relized I did not like it. I am responsible enough not to get addicted to something, and I have a strong enough mind to do anything else.
If you didn't like it the second time, then why was there a third and fourth time?

quote:
Another thing, you say that if you try it one time you are addicted. That's not true. The first time I have ever drank any alchohol I drank 3-4 shots of jack daniels, I did not get addicted. I do it now when I am at a party, and I do it because I am responsible and mature enough to make that decision. Both of my grandfathers are alchoholics, and I sure as hell will not end up like them.
He didn't say that, he said that people who think like that won't have any difficulty to become a drugs addict. Big difference.

You don't get addicted to liquor because you did it once, that's the same with everything. It's just that when you try things out your body wants more and more after a while, that's when you are addicted.

Btw, saying that you drink because you're mature enough is a good reason for you not to drink. This proves that you're not mature enough for it.

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno

i used to smoke alot of weed, my uncle had a heroin adiction and alot of my family take drugs, although i jus smoke bifta's now and dont do anythin else, I still think all drugs should be legal and taxed. sorry if this offends any1 but i do. id say why, but its 4 in the mornin and im fuckt lol
Drugs haven't done anyone any good, unless they are used for medical reasons and even then you should be carefull. Haven't these stories you read in this thread (well, I hope you have read them) make you think any different about drugs? It has a big possibilty to ruin lives.
RE: Don't do drugs by emit on 08-27-2005 at 02:52 PM

We're all gonna die sometime, enjoy life to the fullest - try everything once.

RE: Don't do drugs by Stigmata on 08-27-2005 at 03:07 PM

quote:

i guess try things, but dont go over the top.

stand your ground.

* Stigmata is a non-smoker and anti-drugs.

Ben, i wish you and your girlfriend all the best :)
RE: Don't do drugs by RebelSean on 08-27-2005 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:
If you didn't like it the second time, then why was there a third and fourth time?

The real answer to that question, is because, honestly, I can.

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate

Btw, saying that you drink because you're mature enough is a good reason for you not to drink. This proves that you're not mature enough for it.

Okay then, the reason I drink is because I like it, it tastes good, and I like the buzz off of it. Good enough reason now :p?
RE: Don't do drugs by dennis on 08-27-2005 at 04:23 PM

hmmm in my life ive got offered by drugs so many times... i even got offered to people i never even seen. and poeple just come up to me in the middle of nowhere and say i got the best weed ever you want some... and everytime i do not hesitate to say NO

RE: Don't do drugs by DJeX on 08-27-2005 at 05:11 PM

quote:

WTF? ok so you try smokeing get addicted then your screwed. I know people who have tryed smoking once and got addicted from it that one time.
RE: Don't do drugs by mwe99 on 08-27-2005 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
quote:

WTF? ok so you try smokeing get addicted then your screwed. I know people who have tryed smoking once and got addicted from it that one time.

Just like sex, that one time unprotected is enough to get you pregnant or a nice nasty STI

RE: Don't do drugs by RebelSean on 08-27-2005 at 05:54 PM

STI? I think you mean STD. I've never heard of STI's :p.

RE: Don't do drugs by ShawnZ on 08-27-2005 at 07:11 PM

quote:

STI is the new word apparently

quote:
Originally posted by »fusion
And drugs will only speed that up...
quote:
quote:
yes we are all going to die sometime so thats why you have to make sure you have a fun clean life.
least you can die with your self respect then.
Firstly, drugs like weed don't even affect you ('a lot'. Not saying you can't become addicted or weaken your lungs.) Second, cigs are probably worse for you than other drugs out there since they have tonnes of toxic things in them, whereas drugs have only a few ingredients. Third, nimicitor, who said drugs are shameful or not fun? Not saying having an adiction is something to brag about, but trying a drug once is really that evil? Time hit the money when he posted that, all your comments were pretty much answered by what he said.
RE: RE: Don't do drugs by emit on 08-27-2005 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by »fusion
And drugs will only speed that up...
quote:
quote:
yes we are all going to die sometime so thats why you have to make sure you have a fun clean life.
least you can die with your self respect then.

Drugs don't necessarily speed that up. Driving speeds it up just as much. Driving isn't even addictive yet most addicts do it more than they do drugs? QUICK BAN DRIVING!!!111

DJeX: addiction is all the mind, weak minded people with no willpower get themselves addicted and then blame the drugs for it.. haha, they need to just to have a bit more willpower.

Who says trying drugs stops you from having a fun clean life? Drugs can be fun. Otherwise why would people even take them?

How many people drink and are addicted to coffee? What's the difference? Sigh.

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
theres no way to tell you how much i disagree with you, my ex-gf's friend experamented on some "e", the mix was bad and she passed out, and smacked her head, the parametics arived and found her, and put her on life support, they arived at the hospital, and found she was brian dead, her family kept her on life support for the rest of the day, becasue it was her birthday, and they didn't want her to die on her birthday,

i heard that story and i will NEVER do drugs, you always have a chance of dying, even on the first try

You can die on your first driving lesson. You can die everytime you cross the road. You can die everytime you take a plane flight. Let's all lock ourselves in padded rooms and never do anything.

Think of these few quotes:

quote:
You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favour. Go home tonight take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause You know what the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL fucking high on drugs... The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few songs.

quote:
I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I recommend you look around the world in which we live...and shut your fucking mouth.

quote:
Non-smokers die every day. Sleep tight! I know you've employed some kind of eternal life fantasy because you've chosen not to smoke. Let me be the first to pop that bubble and send you hurtling back to reality - because you're dead too. And you know what doctors say? "Shit, if only you'd smoked - we'd have the technology to help you. It's you people dying from nothing who are screwed". I've got all sorts of neat shit waiting for me - oxygen tent, iron lung...it's like going to Tandy.

quote:
I was on the aeroplane coming over here. It's a non-smoking plane - get this, right? No smoking, but they allow children. Hmmm. "Well, smoking bothers me." Well, guess what...?

And for all those people who like preaching about how bad drugs are:

quote:
People come up to me and say "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile". Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?

Finally: I don't take drugs. I'm not an addict. I'm not saying you should all become crack takers and dealers tomorrow. I have tried drugs. I drink quite regularly. I'm not saying that drugs are good or bad. I'm just trying to tell you to not preach and have some perspective.
RE: Don't do drugs by saralk on 08-27-2005 at 07:31 PM

Thats really sad, Ben.

I don't personally do drugs, but I am pro choice.

I think that drugs should be legalised. The main reason, is that at the moment the drug industry can't be regulated since it is illegal. Which means drug dealers will try and sell as much of the stuff as they can, i.e. mixing the drugs with crap (litterally!). Wheras, if the government legalised drugs, they could say that all drugs must be at the most X% drug, and 100-X% of substance Y, which is harmless. This way a lot of deaths because of what is mixed in can be regulated.

Furthermore, drugs can be taxed, and money from taxation can go to other public services, it will also improve the economy.

RE: Don't do drugs by ShawnZ on 08-27-2005 at 07:35 PM

quote:
to not preach and have some perspective.
[Image: getcomp.aspx?filepath=D:\\content\\C...012862.jpg]
[Image: hit_the_nail_on_the_head.gif]
RE: Don't do drugs by DJeX on 08-27-2005 at 07:37 PM

quote:
DJeX: addiction is all the mind, weak minded people with no willpower get themselves addicted and then blame the drugs for it.. haha, they need to just to have a bit more willpower.

Who says trying drugs stops you from having a fun clean life? Drugs can be fun. Otherwise why would people even take them?

How many people drink and are addicted to coffee? What's the difference? Sigh.

All in the mind.... right you tell to the people who get sliped drugs in drinks or something then they become addicted.

Sure drugs are fun when you all high and stuff but then you feel like shit when the hight dies off then you want more. Useally depressed people or people who have problems take drugs to make them feel better. Not to have fun.

And thoes people who are addicted to coffee useally drink alot to keep them awake in there jobs.

Takeing druges just to have fun then feel like shit after the high wares off is in my opinion stupid.

quote:
I'm just trying to tell you to not preach and have some perspective.

WTF again.... who cares if we preach it, you don't like us preaching don't listen then, don't reply to this thread.
RE: Don't do drugs by ShawnZ on 08-27-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Sure drugs are fun when you all high and stuff but then you feel like shit when the hight dies off then you want more.

Its like a roller coaster. Sure once you go on it you'll want to go on it again, but if you have any self control you'll know you have more important things to get to.
RE: Don't do drugs by DJeX on 08-27-2005 at 07:42 PM

quote:
quote:
Sure drugs are fun when you all high and stuff but then you feel like shit when the hight dies off then you want more.

Its like a roller coaster. Sure once you go on it you'll want to go on it again, but if you have any self control you'll know you have more important things to get to.

Well most people who takes drugs lack "self control"

RE: Don't do drugs by RebelSean on 08-27-2005 at 07:44 PM

quote:
quote:

STI is the new word apparently

I take it it means Sexualy Transmitted Infections :dodgy:?
RE: Don't do drugs by ShawnZ on 08-27-2005 at 07:44 PM

quote:

That isnt even what Time brought up.

quote:

RE: Don't do drugs by DJeX on 08-27-2005 at 07:47 PM

quote:
quote:

That isnt even what Time brought up.

quote:

???? I was quoteing your post which has NOTHING to do with Time's. :dodgy:

RE: RE: Don't do drugs by emit on 08-28-2005 at 12:01 AM

quote:
All in the mind.... right you tell to the people who get sliped drugs in drinks or something then they become addicted.

Sure drugs are fun when you all high and stuff but then you feel like shit when the hight dies off then you want more. Useally depressed people or people who have problems take drugs to make them feel better. Not to have fun.

And thoes people who are addicted to coffee useally drink alot to keep them awake in there jobs.

Takeing druges just to have fun then feel like shit after the high wares off is in my opinion stupid.

WTF again.... who cares if we preach it, you don't like us preaching don't listen then, don't reply to this thread.

That's their fault for not protecting their drink properly. But, that barely applies when it's all just psychological. They should just learn to control their own urges. Like you control when you need the toilet, it's all that trivial.

Wait, how is feeling better not having fun??????????? Idiot.

Just because they drink coffee to stay awake doesn't stop it being an addictive and harmful drug. :-) If you're gonna preach, don't preach double standards.

Wait, wait... how is taking drugs just to have fun then coming off the high and feeling normal, yes _normal_, different from having fun playing a sport then coming down off the high and feeling normal? Drug highs don't diminish normality anymore than playing sport highs or any other high. Now you're falling prey to the grey fallacy too.

No, the fact is you just shouldn't preach. It's bad etiquette and you should just get over yourself. Especially when you preach double standards and fallacies and you preach removing peoples' rights and choice.
RE: Don't do drugs by -Bogan- on 08-28-2005 at 04:22 AM

I feel bad for you Ben hope she gets better soon.

But I have taken Cheeba and well I've got to say I'll probably do it again. It really isn't that bad for you and is definetlly better for you than cigarettes.

RE: Don't do drugs by Pipish on 08-28-2005 at 05:23 AM

thats such a horrible thing to hear i think you should talk to her about it and find out wat it was just be truthful to eachother

and i'm sorry to hear that will she be ok?

RE: Don't do drugs by Negro_Joe on 08-28-2005 at 11:14 AM

Dude thats rough! 3 poeple in my family do drugs. My 2 big brothers both deal and take all sorts and my big sister is on ectsasy as well. iv only ever tried drugs once or twice it was only weed and to be fair i didnt enjoy that much. I mean iv never really got on with anyone in my house, im just the odd done out.

RE: Don't do drugs by Purity on 08-28-2005 at 07:51 PM

Ya I agree with Time this time.

Be adventurious, but like stiggy said don't go too far over the top, like doing crystal meth.

Be risk taking, adventurious.  That way when your abotu to die, you can say that you had lots of fun, and did what ever you wanted, and be happy about it,  but that all depeneds on the type of personality you have.

RE: Don't do drugs by toddy on 08-28-2005 at 08:04 PM

tbh everyone <3's drugs :D

RE: Don't do drugs by Negro_Joe on 08-28-2005 at 08:09 PM

Im not sure, i know we should live ife to the full and i agree with a lot of whats been said, but drugs ruin lives and not just the users. one irresponsible person can cause irreprepible damage to other poeples lives. I just hate what drugs can turn people into.

RE: Don't do drugs by toddy on 08-28-2005 at 08:13 PM

this thread is total bollocks tbh......what about all the so called "good drugs" that help illness, alot of them have bad effects too.

bottom line drugs aren't bad, its normally the people makin them who are, if the goverment was smart enough then it should take over and have specialist people making the drugs, this way it would be alot safer and they could apply limits that u can buy and so on. also they could also add tax to it like they do to sigs and alcohol, therefore creating alot more money

RE: Don't do drugs by Dane on 08-29-2005 at 01:12 AM

Tbh, i'm not going back over the pages to quote to you, but at the same time, I think there is something to build on.  No matter what illegal drug you take, It has an adverse effect on you like it or not.  Yes, maybe it gives you that feeling of "YAY, EVERYTHING IS HAPPY", but when you're done, most of the time it drops you down into a slight depression.  And eventually you're locked into that "I dont feel happy, I need this drug" thing and thats how the addicition begins.

I'm not saying the same isnt true for drugs regulated by the FCC, etc., but most of those drugs DONT have such an effect on you.  Look at all the antidepressants that are now causing suicides...proven suicides.  The illegal drug brings you up and drops you down like a bomb, and then you go either back to the drug or onto an antidepressant with the drug and BOOM, you could get suicidal.

Sure, we risk something every day when we wake up and get out of bed, but doesnt everybody?  We can control when we go take drugs and the harm they inflict on us.  I cant control if I get hit by a car though, and until you show me someone who can, quit using that as an argument.

No matter how safe you think the drug you're taking is, you dont know who's handled it and where it's been on the illegal drug trade.  If you do drugs, thats your thing, but remember, you can control how it affects you.  If any person I know that does drugs died, I wouldnt feel an ounce of sorry for them, that may sound cold, but they chose to do it themselves.

RE: Don't do drugs by DJeX on 08-29-2005 at 01:29 AM

quote:
That's their fault for not protecting their drink properly. But, that barely applies when it's all just psychological. They should just learn to control their own urges. Like you control when you need the toilet, it's all that trivial.

Wait, how is feeling better not having fun??????????? Idiot.

Just because they drink coffee to stay awake doesn't stop it being an addictive and harmful drug. :-) If you're gonna preach, don't preach double standards.

Wait, wait... how is taking drugs just to have fun then coming off the high and feeling normal, yes _normal_, different from having fun playing a sport then coming down off the high and feeling normal? Drug highs don't diminish normality anymore than playing sport highs or any other high. Now you're falling prey to the grey fallacy too.

No, the fact is you just shouldn't preach. It's bad etiquette and you should just get over yourself. Especially when you preach double standards and fallacies and you preach removing peoples' rights and choice.

[Image: GFYS.gif]

RE: Don't do drugs by ddunk on 08-29-2005 at 02:09 AM

Ahahahhahahhahahahahahahhaha at the childish-ness of that

RE: Don't do drugs by emit on 08-29-2005 at 02:12 AM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=523248] at how mature you are, DJeX.

Wow, look I can use coloured flashy neon gif images too!!!!11

RE: Don't do drugs by DJeX on 08-29-2005 at 02:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
Ahahahhahahhahahahahahahhaha at the childish-ness of that

lol yea I know, I thought about that after I posted it. But was to lazy to remove it and I don't give a shit. Also if you stare at it for awhile it looks preaty kool kind of like yours Time.

quote:
Wow, look I can use coloured flashy neon gif images too!!!!11

Why go plain when you can go colored :D
RE: Don't do drugs by Negro_Joe on 08-30-2005 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Why go plain when you can go colored

Racist! :D
RE: Don't do drugs by -Bogan- on 08-31-2005 at 10:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
quote:
Why go plain when you can go colored

Racist! :D

STF up negroe joe He isn't necesarily being rascist. I hope youse all don't do to DJex what ud did to me and -rep him over nuthin.
RE: Don't do drugs by Purity on 09-05-2005 at 07:15 PM

How do you know if he's black or white nimicator?^o)

K, I'd like to get this straight with people.  Marijuana is not addicting, and dane, that feeling after you do the drug, is called burning out.  You don't really get depressed at all.  You just get tired, really really tired.  Who cares if it's illegal, just because it's illegal doesn't mean it's totally bad, look at cigarettes. 

RE: Don't do drugs by dylan! on 09-05-2005 at 07:22 PM

yeah gotta suck ive had clsoe friends that have overdosed ive been offered drugs lots before ive lots friends because they do drugs and i always try and stop people i know from doing any drugs...so i feel sorry for your girlfriend and i ope shes alright

how are you a tester!?:O[/offtopic]

RE: Don't do drugs by LittleK on 09-05-2005 at 09:42 PM

Cant say i disagree with cannibis, any other drug apart from ones to cure you, are wrong though.

RE: Don't do drugs by toddy on 09-05-2005 at 09:43 PM

drugs are fun, end of story

anyone whos done drugs knows this.....

RE: Don't do drugs by uberdosis on 09-05-2005 at 11:55 PM

XxRebelSeanxX, arnt you straight edge?

RE: Don't do drugs by Purity on 09-06-2005 at 12:06 AM

You're prolly mistaken with nimicator.:P

RE: Don't do drugs by RebelSean on 09-06-2005 at 12:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by uberdosis
XxRebelSeanxX, arnt you straight edge?

Who ^o)?
RE: RE: Don't do drugs by Edu115 on 09-06-2005 at 01:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy

anyone whos done drugs knows this.....

Light Drugs are fun, heavy ones are devil.
RE: Don't do drugs by Purity on 09-06-2005 at 03:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Edu115
Light Drugs are fun, heavy ones are devil.
agreed.
RE: Don't do drugs by Veggie on 09-06-2005 at 09:46 AM

but anyone who says alcohol is bad obviously isnt old enough to go down the pub and have an awfully nice pint....

RE: Don't do drugs by Hank on 09-06-2005 at 09:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy

anyone whos done drugs knows this.
to a point they might be, but when they give you cancer no there not "fun"
RE: Don't do drugs by toddy on 09-06-2005 at 04:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
but anyone who says alcohol is bad obviously isnt old enough to go down the pub and have an awfully nice pint....

they should try going underage, it isn't hard :D

quote:
obviously? maybe they are just older then you with self respect.
whats disrespectful about liking a pint or two :S:S
RE: Don't do drugs by Veggie on 09-06-2005 at 04:16 PM

i have alot of self respect, i actually like the taste of beer. its a
social activity, i get to talk to people i dont see for a while. I dont
judge people who dont drink but it seems to me you judge people who do.

(8)Now Playing: Pink Floyd - Speak to Me/Breathe (8)

RE: Don't do drugs by Veggie on 09-06-2005 at 04:44 PM

no i dont but its something to do with your friends, im in a band i go round my mates house to piss about all the time without alcohol. And again i like the taste of alcohol, have you had a nice glass of port, a glass of ridiculasly expensive champagne, or perhaps a glass of guinness. I love the taste of guinness way more than a glass of soft drink, which i find way too sweet and are bad for my teeth.

(8)Now Playing: Pink Floyd - Speak to Me/Breathe (8)

edit: dodgey DTs wysiwyg editor...
RE: Don't do drugs by Fourjays on 09-06-2005 at 04:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
I love the taste of guinness way more than a glass of soft drink, which i find way too sweet and are bad for my teeth.

True. Some are bad for your teeth (pure orange juice isn't, and most squash drinks aren't either). But alcohol is bad for alot more than just your teeth... ;)
RE: Don't do drugs by Veggie on 09-06-2005 at 05:31 PM

got tastebuds?

I drink loads of pints of water a day, but i like using the tastebuds.

why eat cakes when you can have plain rice...

RE: Don't do drugs by toddy on 09-06-2005 at 06:05 PM

quote:
yup. thats why flavoured water is nice.

how old are you ???

and tell the truth
RE: Don't do drugs by Stigmata on 09-06-2005 at 06:11 PM

quote:

full of chemicals?

:S
RE: Don't do drugs by toddy on 09-06-2005 at 06:15 PM

quote:
twenty

go to the pub and get a pint
RE: Don't do drugs by toddy on 09-06-2005 at 06:17 PM

quote:
err no thanks.

and i dont do what little kids tell me. i.e 17 yr olds.

how am i a little kid :/:/

if i was actually a immaute little kid in real life would i be able to get in pubs/clubs....i don't think so :S
RE: Don't do drugs by toddy on 09-06-2005 at 06:27 PM

quote:
WOW!!! OMG!! you lucky person. |-)

i was just proving i wasn't a little kid........
RE: RE: Don't do drugs by Veggie on 09-06-2005 at 06:29 PM

quote:
err no thanks.

and i dont do what little kids tell me. i.e 17 yr olds.

so why should i (18) do what a so called 20 year old says...
RE: Don't do drugs by Fourjays on 09-06-2005 at 06:30 PM

Don't want to make the argument worse, but I don't think people should be proud of being able to drink loads, or drinking underage.

People who say they drink loads because it eases stress are weak inside, IMO (it does relax people though, because that IS what it does as a drug). I just don't think it's right when people turn to drink, EVERY time they feel the slightest bit stressed.

I don't drink myself, and probably never will, but it doesn't bother me that others do, as long as they do so in a sensible manner.

RE: RE: Don't do drugs by Veggie on 09-06-2005 at 06:44 PM

Well you seem to think me drinking alcohol makes me less of a person...

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
quote:

full of chemicals?

:S

:kiss:

RE: Don't do drugs by Garndell on 09-06-2005 at 10:00 PM

Having overdosed myself (albeit intentionally) I kinda know what she's going through but at least she know swhat doing drugs will do to here and won't do it again.

It doesn't help that it's getting MUCH cheaper to buy drugs nowadays (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4204788.stm) and that's where I live.  A 330ml can of coke costs 55p, 1 tablet of "E" costs 50p, is the coke overpriced or the drug too cheap?  Both if you ask me.

RE: Don't do drugs by Purity on 09-06-2005 at 11:23 PM

quote:
so you need to drink to be able to talk to people?
who saids he needs to drink? You do alot of things because you like to do them, what's wrong with him having a  beer with his friends.  Just socially.