Shoutbox

Explorer.exe problem.... I think. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Explorer.exe problem.... I think. (/showthread.php?tid=49573)

Explorer.exe problem.... I think. by DJeX on 08-27-2005 at 01:44 AM

Ok I turn on my computer and after an hour or two the desktop locks up. I can't click any of the icons or move folders. The system tray don't work either. And the thing that confuses me is there is no error messages.  It doesn't matter what i'm doing on the comp it still does it after about 2 hours. So then to regain control I need to ctrl alt del end task explorer.exe then find a program thats still open, and use the open dialog box to navigate to C:\windows\exeplorer.exe and then run it. Once I do that everything comes back. Then it starts allover again. It's a real pain in the butt.

Any one else have this problem? or can help?

RE: Explorer.exe problem.... I think. by Supersonicdarky on 08-27-2005 at 01:49 AM

i can't help, but i have a little shortcut. instead of finding a window, in task manager there is a button called "New Task". Click that (it's the RUN command) then just type explorer :)

RE: Explorer.exe problem.... I think. by DJeX on 08-27-2005 at 01:55 AM

thanks! that will save me time :D

RE: Explorer.exe problem.... I think. by Concord Dawn on 08-27-2005 at 03:21 AM

Sounds like somethings fscking with your explorer....

When did this start? and have you noticed any other strange behaviour?

RE: Explorer.exe problem.... I think. by DJeX on 08-27-2005 at 05:12 PM

Ok I think I fixed it, it was a program that was starting up.

RE: Explorer.exe problem.... I think. by matty on 08-27-2005 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
lol i never use explorer get firefox its way better
Wow please don't post unless you know what we are talking about. DJeX is not refering to Internet Explorer he is talking to Explorer.exe which is a system process used to display folder windows, taskbar, icons etc.

Check out this page: http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/p...slibrary/explorer/