Shoutbox

why is it i cant use the new version of msn? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: why is it i cant use the new version of msn? (/showthread.php?tid=49577)

why is it i cant use the new version of msn? by hgh on 08-27-2005 at 02:01 AM

why is it when i try to use the newer version of msn, 7.0 or 7.5, i can nv sign in. theres always a error tht pops up, not allowing me to sign in. i tried installing the older version, msn 5.0 or 6.0, but whenever i want to sign in, they say tht i have to install the new version. can anyhow help me?? tell me whats the problem or is there a way to use the old version without being asked to install the new version. thanks.

RE: why is it i cant use the new version of msn? by [MR] on 08-27-2005 at 02:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hgh
why is it when i try to use the newer version of msn, 7.0 or 7.5, i can nv sign in. theres always a error tht pops up, not allowing me to sign in. i tried installing the older version, msn 5.0 or 6.0, but whenever i want to sign in, they say tht i have to install the new version. can anyhow help me?? tell me whats the problem or is there a way to use the old version without being asked to install the new version. thanks.

can u tell us what Operating system you have and then take a screen shot of the error message with the print screen button, and paste it in paint and uplaod it on here.
RE: why is it i cant use the new version of msn? by Tandy on 08-27-2005 at 02:09 AM

is it an error like 842000200 or some long number?

if it is, make sure your date and time on your computer are correct, then try and sign in... i had the same problem.

Tandy

RE: why is it i cant use the new version of msn? by hgh on 08-27-2005 at 02:25 AM

AppName: msnmsgr.exe     AppVer: 7.0.816.0     ModName: msgplush.dll
ModVer: 2.20.0.52     Offset: 000410d0

the error report is smth like tht

RE: why is it i cant use the new version of msn? by DJeX on 08-27-2005 at 02:59 AM

Looks like something to do with MsgPlus when it goes to hook in.

RE: why is it i cant use the new version of msn? by hgh on 08-27-2005 at 03:08 AM

thanks DUDE! i deleted msgplus and now i can sign in! weird probleM!! woohO!

RE: why is it i cant use the new version of msn? by Max on 08-27-2005 at 11:53 AM

It seems you also had an outdated version of Plus! installed. That might have also stopped you from signing in - but don't quote me on that. ;)

RE: why is it i cant use the new version of msn? by mwe99 on 08-27-2005 at 01:55 PM

Hm try to reinstall Plus! as some files could be corrupted:

http://www.msgplus.net/download.php

Infact, install the latest version of Plus! because now MSN has updated, Patchou updated software:

the new Plus! is currently in testing and will be released sometime soon :)

RE: RE: why is it i cant use the new version of msn? by CookieRevised on 08-27-2005 at 03:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hgh
AppName: msnmsgr.exe     AppVer: 7.0.816.0     ModName: msgplush.dll
ModVer: 2.20.0.52     Offset: 000410d0

the error report is smth like tht

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
Looks like something to do with MsgPlus when it goes to hook in.

quote:
Originally posted by hgh
thanks DUDE! i deleted msgplus and now i can sign in! weird probleM!! woohO!

Not wierd though...

As Patches already said, you're using Messenger Plus! 2.20.52.

That's 2 years old and was the first version designed for MSN Messenger 6.0. It even isn't compatible with MSN Messenger 6.1 or above...

See the changelog of Messenger Plus!.

As suggested by mwe, download an updated version of Messenger Plus! if you want to keep it. You will also find that it contains tons and tons and tons of new stuff compared to the version you had.

Btw, a brand new Messenger Plus!, fully compatible with the newest MSN Messenger, is to be released soon. So keep an eye on http://www.msgplus.net/