Shoutbox

Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? (/showthread.php?tid=49597)

Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by .Roy on 08-27-2005 at 03:17 PM

I thought it was the best book ever... I liked it as much as i liked The Half Blood Prince which was a really good book.

I cant believe the author started writing the book when he was 15 years of age. Now hes 20 i think and hes working on the third book of the trilogy.

First book -> Eragon
Second book -> Eldest
Third book -> Rumored to be called Empire

Its an awesome book, i recommend it, i cant wait to get the 2nd book, but it still didnt get to my country.

If u like harry potter/ fantasy/ Lord of the Rings then this book is for you! Lots of magic and dragons and things ;) cool book!

Im rereading the book again because its so good o.o

RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by mwe99 on 08-27-2005 at 03:20 PM

Care to post some info about it? :P Sounds interesting but a summary would be good :P obviously dont tell us what happens... just the general info :P

RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by .Roy on 08-27-2005 at 03:29 PM

Here's a great big fantasy that you can pull over your head like a comfy old sweater and disappear into for a whole weekend. Christopher Paolini began Eragon when he was just 15, and the book shows the influence of Tolkien, of course, but also Terry Brooks, Anne McCaffrey, and perhaps even Wagner in its traditional quest structure and the generally agreed-upon nature of dwarves, elves, dragons, and heroic warfare with magic swords.
Eragon, a young farm boy, finds a marvelous blue stone in a mystical mountain place. Before he can trade it for food to get his family through the hard winter, it hatches a beautiful sapphire-blue dragon, a race thought to be extinct. Eragon bonds with the dragon, and when his family is killed by the marauding Ra'zac, he discovers that he is the last of the Dragon Riders, fated to play a decisive part in the coming war between the human but hidden Varden, dwarves, elves, the diabolical Shades and their neanderthal Urgalls, all pitted against and allied with each other and the evil King Galbatorix. Eragon and his dragon Saphira set out to find their role, growing in magic power and understanding of the complex political situation as they endure perilous travels and sudden battles, dire wounds, capture and escape.

RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by Voldemort on 08-27-2005 at 03:54 PM

i think i will buy it , if it is as good as u say...

RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by dennis on 08-27-2005 at 04:12 PM

lol... i bought the half blood prince a week ago and it costed me 40 bucks... then i read it but not finished it yet.... and the book that you were talking about... sorry not intrested

RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by .Roy on 08-27-2005 at 04:22 PM

it is! its also cheap ;) less then 10 bux i think! go buy it ;)

RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by Negro_Joe on 08-30-2005 at 11:54 AM

My friend had it. I didnt realy like the look of it that much i hate all those gay fantasy names, which they just make up like faregron or something.

RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by .Roy on 08-30-2005 at 11:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
My friend had it. I didnt realy like the look of it that much i hate all those gay fantasy names, which they just make up like faregron or something.
huh? Faregon?

eragon is dragon with the first letter changed.
RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by Concord Dawn on 08-30-2005 at 02:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes

eragon is dragon with the first letter changed.

Cause he's got a dragon ;).

Really good book, I preordered the second one.

RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by Negro_Joe on 08-30-2005 at 05:28 PM

quote:
huh? Faregon?

eragon is dragon with the first letter changed

I was making it up, well attempting too!
RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by Voldemort on 08-30-2005 at 09:46 PM

didnt like the intro on the backside->didnt buy it

RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by .Roy on 08-31-2005 at 06:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
rofl, you should.

Its second book in the triliogy came out a week ago and it sold more then Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in AMAZON.

RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by Jimcando on 08-31-2005 at 11:39 PM

I might get it, I do enjoy those kind of books, but my favourite is by Darren Shan.
He did a series about vampires, and now he's doing one about demons.

RE: RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by Voldemort on 09-02-2005 at 02:57 AM

quote:
quote:

Its second book in the triliogy came out a week ago and it sold more then Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in AMAZON.

I cant believe that:P;)
RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by crank on 01-05-2006 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
I might get it, I do enjoy those kind of books, but my favourite is by Darren Shan.
He did a series about vampires, and now he's doing one about demons.
i never got past book 7 cuz they only have till 7 in our library
btw .roy is right, the inheritance books kick ass!
(srry for bumping btw, i just didn't notice it before)
RE: Who here read the book Eragon? Opinions / Comments? by Negro_Joe on 01-05-2006 at 06:00 PM

quote:
didnt like the intro on the backside-

Actually its called a blurb..:)

Useless Link about Blurbs