Shoutbox

msg plus forum on my psp - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: msg plus forum on my psp (/showthread.php?tid=49605)

msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-27-2005 at 06:08 PM

Just wanted to know if it worked an it does. psp on the forums. and on some poor saps wireless as well. and if you thought it couldnt get better than that. im sat in my own house using it. with a respectable 25% signal. (at the least) :P;)

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by RebelSean on 08-27-2005 at 06:10 PM

Screenshots :p.

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-27-2005 at 06:19 PM

I'll sure try if not, ill take piccys with my digi cam

[UPDATE] there you go, but not brilliant

[Image: S4010028.jpg]

I would put an attachment but the filesize is to large. and i formatted me comp today so i no software on at the moment

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/Mentality182/S4010028.jpg

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by absorbation on 08-27-2005 at 06:44 PM

Very nice good work :)

Is it hard to work?

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Stigmata on 08-27-2005 at 06:45 PM

haha :)

very cool :)

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-27-2005 at 06:53 PM

just a little. soon get the hang of it. obviously i used my pc to put the pics online.

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Supersonicdarky on 08-27-2005 at 06:54 PM

this has been posted on Mess.be a long time ago, can't find it tho :(

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by absorbation on 08-27-2005 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
this has been posted on Mess.be a long time ago, can't find it tho :(

I think that was getting msn messenger on your psp :P
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by ShawnZ on 08-27-2005 at 07:03 PM

What's the useragent? :p

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-27-2005 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
What's the useragent? :p

whats that?

I'm back on my pc now, its ok for checkin stuff but it doesnt have enough virtual memory to show all the sigs on this page, id hate to see it on a flash site, but speed wise it keeps up with my broadband, if not even slightly faster at times.

haha look at this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4721723.stm
sure hope whoevers givin me this connection doesnt realise they're giving it to me.

ill actually check it on a flash site now, see how it likes it.
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by ShawnZ on 08-27-2005 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
whats that?

http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/staticpages/inde.../whatismyuseragent

quote:
id hate to see it on a flash site

Doesn't support flash yet.
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-27-2005 at 07:28 PM

i'll let you knw the user agent now, and i dnt knw the speed it doesnt say, but most top of the range wi-fi connections are ten times faster than broadband anyway to start with.

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by John Anderton on 08-27-2005 at 07:31 PM

Looks cool.

Good work mentality (Y)

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-27-2005 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Good work mentality
thanx dude

useragent is... mozilla /4.0 (psp(playstation portable); 2.00

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Negro_Joe on 08-28-2005 at 01:17 PM

awesome i want a PSP :(

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by kipper2258 on 08-28-2005 at 01:29 PM

quote:
haha look at this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4721723.stm
sure hope whoevers givin me this connection doesnt realise they're giving it to me.

Wow, I would have thought it was your own reponsibility to secure your network
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by user27089 on 08-28-2005 at 01:33 PM

That is really cool, I want a PSP, I doubt I would buy many games for it though, just a fashion accessory lol.

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-28-2005 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kipper2258
Wow, I would have thought it was your own reponsibility to secure your network

Thats what I would have thought also, and in response to your question in another thread, you have to update to firmware version 2.00 for the psp which will give you a web browser, and then set up a wireless netowrk in your home and connect to it, unless your as fortunate as me and manage to connect to someone elses, i still cnt get over that, ive found two more connections since, must pick up the signals really well i don't know.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
just a fashion accessory lol.
Thats why I bought it originally, but it's so much more. I checked the message plus forum walking through my town shopping centre, I replied to emails and downloaded a the firmware update again coz i knew it was small and just to see the speed, (i downloaded the update from my computer originally) and I don't know what the download rate was, but it was considerably fast. You can download on the run,even better for me specially once i get my 1 or 2gb memory stick duo.

It's seriously impressive hardware.

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by kipper2258 on 08-28-2005 at 01:48 PM

quote:
in response to your question in another thread, you have to update to firmware version 2.00 for the psp which will give you a web browser, and then set up a wireless netowrk in your home and connect to it, unless your as fortunate as me and manage to connect to someone elses

Oh okay thanks, do you know which firmware the UK release will come with, and I hope to hitch a ride, since I don't have a wireless network :P
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by [MR] on 08-28-2005 at 01:51 PM

that looks pretty cool.

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-28-2005 at 01:54 PM

yeah hitchin a ride rules lol, im assuming the UK release will actually come already with the update, it would be stupid of SCEE to release it then release the update, they may as well do it before hand, depends if they where already manufactured before the release came out.

if the update isnt on already the US Update should work on it, the jap update came out before the US update and The Jap Update worked On My US PSP. you risk though, don't blame me if it doesnt work.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/644/644823p1.html
the download link is on that page, keep the link for when you get your psp just incase it hasnt got the update, and in the meantime read the article, lets you knw whats on the update anyways.

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Negro_Joe on 08-28-2005 at 08:10 PM

God damn stop! I really want one, iv heard the battery life sucks on them though?

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Matti on 08-28-2005 at 08:19 PM

i have also the update installed, but Flash doesnt works. anyway, its a very good browser! :D
this was written on my PSP ;)

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by J.J on 08-29-2005 at 06:55 AM

That looks awesome :happy:

I really want a psp when they come out here later this year

I reacon id use it all the time

I think i'll ask for it for christmas :D

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Matti on 08-29-2005 at 07:31 AM

the PSP will b released on 9/1. thats not so long, huh! :D
i think i will make a PSP-version of my site.

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-29-2005 at 07:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
i think i will make a PSP-version of my site.

Thats Kewl

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
God damn stop! I really want one, iv heard the battery life sucks on them though?

I've actually found that when browsing tano, but playin games you get 6hours play, UMD Movies 4hours playback, and on the internet about 3 hours, but on the brightside unlike gameboy its rechargable.
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Matti on 08-29-2005 at 08:04 AM

Ok, I'm now on my PC where typing is a lot easier, so I will explain a bit.
The browser doesn't support Flash. Loading a page takes a bit of time. But, it supports tabs which is very interesting imp. It's annoying if a page is so big on such a little screen, that's why I plan 2 make a small version of my site.
In the new update, u can choose a bg 4 the main menu or set a color 4 it. Now, u can also play MP4 and WAV files.

Maybe there will be an IM in version 2.50? :P

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Eljay on 08-29-2005 at 08:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Maybe there will be an IM in version 2.50?

just go to e-Messenger mobile :P
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-29-2005 at 08:35 AM

yeah the mobile version is actually good, and handles alot better becaus eof the minimal graphics to load, again the only real annoying problem is typing, i hope sony brings out a mini keyboard, sorta like the ones for Pocket PC's

although to be fair it isnt designed for IM so you cnt really diss that side of it.

Are you looking forward to getting yours Lee? 3-days to go lol

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Eljay on 08-29-2005 at 09:52 AM

quote:
yeah the mobile version is actually good, and handles alot better becaus eof the minimal graphics to load, again the only real annoying problem is typing, i hope sony brings out a mini keyboard, sorta like the ones for Pocket PC's

although to be fair it isnt designed for IM so you cnt really diss that side of it.

Are you looking forward to getting yours Lee? 3-days to go lol

lol yeh damn looking forward to it

and there is already a usb keyboard addon (i think)
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-29-2005 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
and there is already a usb keyboard addon (i think)

then i reckon im gonna have a look to see if thats true, and probably end up buyin one, IM WEAK!!!!

[UPDATE] :o http://www.xyramax.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php...8/products_id/2909
I WANT ONE

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Negro_Joe on 08-29-2005 at 07:49 PM

Doesnt a keyboard defeat the point of a handheld? you would have to put it down to use.

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Dempsey on 08-29-2005 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Doesnt a keyboard defeat the point of a handheld? you would have to put it down to use.
its not a full size plug-in keybaord AFAIK its a small clip on one that folds up when not in use
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by hmaster on 08-29-2005 at 08:35 PM

quote:

[UPDATE] :o http://www.xyramax.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php...8/products_id/2909
I WANT ONE
Thats a l33t keyboard
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Negro_Joe on 08-30-2005 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
    quote:Originally posted by Negro_Joe

its not a full size plug-in keybaord AFAIK its a small clip on one that folds up when not in use

But still you wouldnt be able to hold it and use the keyboard at the same time would you?
RE: msg plus forum on my psp by fluffy_lobster on 08-30-2005 at 01:32 PM

Depending on the strength of that hinge you could hold it by the keyboard and type with your thumbs.

By the way, how crap does the big SPACE label on the spacebar look :P

RE: msg plus forum on my psp by Mentality on 08-30-2005 at 02:07 PM

Yeah I know even in small letter it would be quiet obvious what it was, anyways thats not the point really is it.

quote:
But still you wouldnt be able to hold it and use the keyboard at the same time would you?

It looks tricky doesnt it actually, but you wouldnt use it fo games i dnt think, mainly for web browsing and you would only use one hand. another site related to it as a device for turning into a desktop utility, how lame is that.

By the way Look at this thread I just made. The PSP is set to get bigger. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=49726