Shoutbox

Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... (/showthread.php?tid=49648)

Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 03:53 PM

Basically, i was thinking about what people might want to see on msn...and was talking with a few people about new features and stuff. I came up with a couple.. ones my favorite - open/close notifier.

Now ive only found one working version, on Messenger Discovery X, which i think rox, and so did stuffplug NG (or has it changed back to stuff plug yet? :P) up untill msn 7.0 where it all went pair shaped. Msgplus should do something about open/close notifier.

Amongst other things i thought of were:

Nickname logs - bring back up previous nicknames (useful in my opinion for when changing names for a short second)

Email Viewing - Aswell as seeing what song the contact is playing, maybe seeing what website there looking at aswell ;) could be very interesting..obviously it will have to be looked into because of tabbed IE's and various IE's being opened, different browsers ect..but would sure make MSN that little extra exciting :P

Custom Emoticons in names - Using your own custom emoticons in your msn name, self explanitory.

Something to do with the groups on msn - No attention is really paid to the seperate groups we use, they havent got colour, emoticons, pictures ect.. goddamn its 2005!

Webcams - See if the persons using there webcams.. if you have two contacts who know each other, ex. "Jonny is in a Webcam Conversation with Jenny"

What does everyone think? And has anyone got any other ideas? Post Em! :D

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by optimism_ on 08-28-2005 at 03:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
Now ive only found one working version, on Messenger Discovery X, which i think rox, and so did stuffplug NG (or has it changed back to stuff plug yet? :P) up untill msn 7.0 where it all went pair shaped. Msgplus should do something about open/close notifier.

The protocol MSN Messenger uses changed with version 7. There is no longer a reliable way to tell when someone opens or closes a conversation window.

quote:
Email Viewing - Aswell as seeing what song the contact is playing, maybe seeing what website there looking at aswell ;) could be very interesting..obviously it will have to be looked into because of tabbed IE's and various IE's being opened, different browsers ect..but would sure make MSN that little extra exciting :P

Invasion of Privacy.

quote:
Custom Emoticons in names - Using your own custom emoticons in your msn name, self explanitory.

Not possible due to the fact that the remote contacts do not have the custom emoticons and what tags identify them on their computers.

quote:
Webcams - See if the persons using there webcams.. if you have two contacts who know each other, ex. "Jonny is in a Webcam Conversation with Jenny"

Invasion of Privacy. logistical nightmare. Might have to invole the msn servers themselves keeping tabs on them, but then thats too much load on the server, for no real benefit. Good luck getting msn to agree to that.
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by mwe99 on 08-28-2005 at 04:00 PM

Most of the ideas you suggested are illegal due to an invasion of privacy

Open/Close - is unreliable due to the way MSN works
Email viewing is already there, websites they are viewing is invasion of privacy
Custom emotes in names can not be done
Groups?
Webcams - another invasion of privacy.

RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 04:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by optimism_
quote:

The protocol MSN Messenger uses changed with version 7. There is no longer a reliable way to tell when someone opens or closes a conversation window.

quote:

Invasion of Privacy.

quote:

Not possible due to the fact that the remote contacts do not have the custom emoticons and what tags identify them on their computers.

quote:

Invasion of Privacy. logistical nightmare. Might have to invole the msn servers themselves keeping tabs on them, but then thats too much load on the server, for no real benefit. Good luck getting msn to agree to that.

For one, you could say alot of things released are invasion of privacys, everytime you look at someones song, thats invading there privacy, but like i said, the contact has a CHOICE in the matter, wether they choose to show people. Its always nice to have a choice. And ok, if its completley not possible, then fair enough, but didnt people think the world was flat? :P
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by mwe99 on 08-28-2005 at 04:05 PM

Its still invasion of privacy by getting the information and ivading their privacy by knowing what song they listen to and when clicked takes you to buy the song hardly isnt...

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Most of the ideas you suggested are illegal due to an invasion of privacy

Open/Close - is unreliable due to the way MSN works
Email viewing is already there, websites they are viewing is invasion of privacy
Custom emotes in names can not be done
Groups?
Webcams - another invasion of privacy.

Open/Close - with messenger discovery x, mine is 95% reliable. Fact, ive checked it out with my contacts.
Email Viweing - above thread
Custom emoticons - fair enough
Groups - could be something looked into, still as a little add on, cant be too much hard work.
Webcams - above thread
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by qgroessl on 08-28-2005 at 04:11 PM

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by LittleK
    Email Viewing - Aswell as seeing what song the contact is playing, maybe seeing what website there looking at aswell could be very interesting..obviously it will have to be looked into because of tabbed IE's and various IE's being opened, different browsers ect..but would sure make MSN that little extra exciting

Invasion of Privacy.

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by LittleK

quote:
For one, you could say alot of things released are invasion of privacys, everytime you look at someones song, thats invading there privacy, but like i said, the contact has a CHOICE in the matter, wether they choose to show people. Its always nice to have a choice. And ok, if its completley not possible, then fair enough, but didnt people think the world was flat?

I don't think it would be an invasion of privacy if they put a checkbox that they wanted people to see it... Like the... "turn on the what am I listening to".... it could be... "turn on the where am i surfing the net" feature... I dunno... it'd have to be worded different... haha... could be a hastle for people that are frequent into XXX sites though.
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by optimism_ on 08-28-2005 at 04:13 PM

And what if you have more than one window open. and what if a site has popups? and what if you use IE or opera or firefox, or avant, or lynx, or mozilla or act10 etc etc etc. how is msgplus supposed to know where to get the address to show?

RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 04:14 PM

quote:
I don't think it would be an invasion of privacy if they put a checkbox that they wanted people to see it... Like the... "turn on the what am I listening to".... it could be... "turn on the where am i surfing the net" feature... I dunno... it'd have to be worded different... haha... could be a hastle for people that are frequent into XXX sites though.

Indeed, check boxs were the idea i had aswell, as long as they CONSENT and they know what there doing, its all legal... ;) which reminds me of the XXX part.. i dont think they should switch it on whilst there BUSY.. lol (6)
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by qgroessl on 08-28-2005 at 04:18 PM

quote:
Indeed, check boxs were the idea i had aswell, as long as they CONSENT and they know what there doing, its all legal... which reminds me of the XXX part.. i dont think they should switch it on whilst there BUSY.. lol

Lol yes... with the Winamp plug-ins on the What Am I Listening to feature I had that problem for a while ;)... I downgraded my version of winamp to where I can't watch videos now though.... PROBLEM SOLVED THERE! :pound:
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 04:19 PM

quote:
Email Viewing - Aswell as seeing what song the contact is playing, maybe seeing what website there looking at aswell could be very interesting..obviously it will have to be looked into because of tabbed IE's and various IE's being opened, different browsers ect..but would sure make MSN that little extra exciting

Optimism, thats what i said on my first post, it would obviously have to be looked into, but true it may not be worth the hassle.. worth seeing what people think of it though before throwing the idea entirely out the window..maybe a check box:-
"Window 1: [www.xxx.com] would you like this to be shown? [No]"
"Window 2 : [www.msgplus.net] would you like this to be shown? [Yes]"

Catch my drift?
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Lol yes... with the Winamp plug-ins on the What Am I Listening to feature I had that problem for a while ... I downgraded my version of winamp to where I can't watch videos now though.... PROBLEM SOLVED THERE!

Lmfao... Need to be careful [FUCK.EXE] :P
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by qgroessl on 08-28-2005 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Optimism, thats what i said on my first post, it would obviously have to be looked into, but true it may not be worth the hassle.. worth seeing what people think of it though before throwing the idea entirely out the window..maybe a check box:-
"Window 1: [www.xxx.com] would you like this to be shown? [No]"
"Window 2 : [www.msgplus.net] would you like this to be shown? [Yes]"

Catch my drift?

Yeah... I like this idea alot.... it would be completely legal like you said if they consent to showing it to other people..... Maybe just a little tick box that would ask everytime you went to a new website whether or not it should be allowed, to remember your choice.... and like... stuff like always allow hotmail.com or whatever branches of it or whatever... I like the idea...
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Yeah... I like this idea alot.... it would be completely legal like you said if they consent to showing it to other people..... Maybe just a little tick box that would ask everytime you went to a new website whether or not it should be allowed, to remember your choice.... and like... stuff like always allow hotmail.com or whatever branches of it or whatever... I like the idea...

Yeah... could be used for loads of things, for forums and what not, "check out the forum everyone -" then have the email adress showing... saves time of writing it down in your name.. people who dont see clickable URLS in names.. ect, might be a little thing to add, but it might be a big hit with people... glad to know someone likes it (Y):D
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by mwe99 on 08-28-2005 at 04:29 PM

So you have to tick a box everytime you open the IE to view a page.... hmm i wouldnt

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 04:32 PM

quote:
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...

So you have to tick a box everytime you open the IE to view a page.... hmm i wouldnt

Nah obviously it shouldnt be configured to do that... it could be an optional choice for yourself, eg tools > options > security
"Ask everytime i open IE"
"Configure myself"
"Dont ask on the following websites :"

ECT, or plugins > email viewer > configure .. .. ..

Could be many ways of doing it
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by mwe99 on 08-28-2005 at 04:40 PM

But that involves modifying IE then...

quote:

eg tools > options > security
"Ask everytime i open IE"
"Configure myself"
"Dont ask on the following websites :"

ECT, or plugins > email viewer > configure .. .. ..

Could be many ways of doing it

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 04:42 PM

quote:
But that involves modifying IE then...

Most likley once, when you install.. hardley difficult :P
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by Sunshine on 08-28-2005 at 04:59 PM

The now playing feature is only there because of MSN Music, click on one of those links in the contactlist and you'll see (they offer legal - payed - downloads) ;)

I would not like it one bit if you could see wich site i am looking at..it's nobodies business but my own (invasion of privacy) :P

What i think of your other suggestions i already said on irc so no need to repeat that (invasion of privacy, impossible due to how msnm works etc.)

For the nicknames you can make quicktexts:
/nick LittleK
alias: n1
this way you only have to type /n1 (or other aliases if you set more) and press <enter> to alter your nick.

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
The now playing feature is only there because of MSN Music, click on one of those links in the contactlist and you'll see (they offer legal - payed - downloads)

I know this, i do think its irrelivant for what i was just saying about my features, because as i said, everythings legal if there is consent from both parties. Fact.

quote:
I would not like it one bit if you could see wich site i am looking at..it's nobodies business but my own (invasion of privacy)

Fair enough, then the download wouldnt be for you obviously :P And neither would file sharing, or music plugin, as they both show what is on your computer, no? But as you CONSENT to sending files and CONSENT to showing music, hey whats the harm.

quote:

What i think of your other suggestions i already said on irc so no need to repeat that (invasion of privacy, impossible due to how msnm works etc.)

You just repeated yourself :P But anyway, i dont need to repeat myself either, all what i think is in this thread :)

quote:
For the nicknames you can make quicktexts:
/nick LittleK
alias: n1
this way you only have to type /n1 (or other aliases if you set more) and press <enter> to alter your nick.

Cool, but what about the nickname you had a week ago? Or a month ago? Or the night before?

Its an add on like many add ons, something which is interesting, and something i personally think some people may be interested in.
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by toddy on 08-28-2005 at 05:35 PM

chavs always come up with poor decisions :p

guess some may find them pointless things interesting, but not many.....could be a lugh tho if u catch a mate on an adult website

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by qgroessl on 08-28-2005 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
guess some may find them pointless things interesting, but not many.....could be a lugh tho if u catch a mate on an adult website

haha yeah... or to do it on purpose so that people ask you about it... would be a great stress reliever ;)
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by Fourjays on 08-28-2005 at 06:08 PM

I would like to see them de-bug it a bit before adding yet more features. I keep getting loads of weird bugs on it. No problems ever with MSN6, or when I connect using other systems such as Trillian or GAIM (so it is MSN7).

I think MSN7 is bloated enough, and some of the "features" they have added since 6 aren't even useful to the purpose of conversation (MsgPlus adds all the features that MSN SHOULD have added - great job Patchou ;)).

Aren't we supposed to be concentrating on talking to our mates on it? Not playing with nudges and winks, emoticons and such.... They're cool, but they should concentrate on basic functionality, before the fancy stuff...

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by segosa on 08-28-2005 at 06:54 PM

quote:

everythings legal if there is consent from both parties. Fact.

Mmm, okay. I'm going to send optimism_ this piece of copyrighted material, and because he allows me to send it, it's legal.

quote:

Lmfao... Need to be careful [FUCK.EXE]

I didn't realise videos were kept in exes.

quote:
Originally posted by toddy

chavs always come up with poor decisions

I agree. This thread is proof of that. :P

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by Negro_Joe on 08-28-2005 at 08:05 PM

new features ummmm. i dunno maybe somehting to make it a bit more customisable to the common user, without having to download and install skins! im not sure how im still thinking :P

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Mmm, okay. I'm going to send optimism_ this piece of copyrighted material, and because he allows me to send it, it's legal.

Unless your brain is too tiny, your smart enough to figure out yourself that sending copyrighted material IS illegal because the people who have copyrighted it, havent consented. Come on, think a little.

quote:

I didnt realise how many FUCK files you actually watched.

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by toddy

I agree. This thread is proof of that.

poor decisions? Im not making a decision, im making a suggestion.. so toddy as much as i luv you, wrong use of english words!

And segosa, give me an example of this "chav decision" although it has nothing to do with the post :) If you dont like the thread, dont comment.
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by user27089 on 08-28-2005 at 10:02 PM

Hmm, what he means is the file type, the file type is a *.exe, and that is the extension of programs, and if it is like this, then it will definitely be a virus...?

I have to add though, some people must be really stupid when they accept stuff like this?.

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by Concord Dawn on 08-28-2005 at 10:04 PM

quote:
quote:

Unless your brain is too tiny, your smart enough to figure out yourself that sending copyrighted material IS illegal because the people who have copyrighted it, havent consented. Come on, think a little.

quote:

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by toddy

I agree. This thread is proof of that.

poor decisions? Im not making a decision, im making a suggestion.. so toddy as much as i luv you, wrong use of english words!

And segosa, give me an example of this "chav decision" although it has nothing to do with the post :) If you dont like the thread, dont comment.

Look up sarcasm in the dictionary. Then look up ditz, your name's next to it.
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by toddy on 08-28-2005 at 10:06 PM

quote:
when did chavs get so smart *-)

:p
<3

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fourjays
Aren't we supposed to be concentrating on talking to our mates on it? Not playing with nudges and winks, emoticons and such.... They're cool, but they should concentrate on basic functionality, before the fancy stuff..

I agree totally. Msn 7.5, signs in when it wants, stops and starts when it wants, really messed up at the mo. But thats Microsofts fault for releasing a still buggy beta. *shrugs*
RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by segosa on 08-28-2005 at 10:08 PM

quote:

They're not involved, are they? They don't know if I send it to optimism_ so their consent isn't needed. Just following up your genius ideas sweetheart.

quote:

Umm.. right... and what makes you say that? because I know that video is not stored inside an executable, but actually stored inside a video wrapper like .avi, .wmp, etc, I watch a lot of "FUCK" files? Love your logic.

quote:
And segosa, give me an example of this "chav decision"

"omg, groups are plain text! NOEEEEEEEEEEEES WE'RE IN 2005! they need colours! and emoticons! so I can have "FRIENDS :D:D:D" ! YAY"

Looks pretty chav to me.
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-28-2005 at 10:17 PM

quote:
They're not involved, are they? They don't know if I send it to optimism_ so their consent isn't needed. Just following up your genius ideas sweetheart.

Exactly they're not involved, so either A) they dont know your sending files which belong to them, which is a copyright law (illegal, no?) or B) they dont give a fuck, so yeah its legal, which brings me to my point if you both want to share a file, its your consent that your contact can see what file youve kept on your pc. No point explaining anymore.

quote:

Umm.. right... and what makes you say that? because I know that video is not stored inside an executable, but actually stored inside a video wrapper like .avi, .wmp, etc, I watch a lot of "FUCK" files? Love your logic.

Yep, gotta love it

quote:
"omg, groups are plain text! NOEEEEEEEEEEEES WE'RE IN 2005! they need colours! and emoticons! so I can have "FRIENDS " ! YAY"

Looks pretty chav to me.

If i had said it like that, it would be chavvy. Instead i explained my ideas in plain english for everybody to understand, Im sure coloured nicknames were a suggestion at one point, made by someone quite intelligent because they thought it may bring a couple more people to download. Were they chavs? Did they wear t-shirts with "I R STO0PID"? maybe, but downloads probably went up when people heard about it :)
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by Eljay on 08-29-2005 at 07:22 AM

quote:

:rofl:
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by Joa on 08-29-2005 at 09:03 AM

first off, yeah lots of insults being thrown both ways... 8-)

nobody mentioned the "search button" :-/ ... and explained that lots of info about the things she mentioned already exists on here.

anyway three things:

1. the open convo notifier-
read cookie's post abot the reliability of openconvo notifiers

they ARE still reliable (because they do notify when a person opens the conversation window with you or closes it), the only problem is that they can sometimes also give you a false "open convo" notification when the client requests a dp update (usually after signing in, you may get one false notification per contact).

here is a link to a pretty cool openconvo notifier

2. as for nickname logs.. there is a plugin you can find here:
http://www.msgplus.net/pluginsdb/down/?action=file&id=88

it:
"saves nicknames on command, or log them as they change, and you can also restore a saved nickname"

i'm not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for though :P

3. as for groups:
this thread talks a bit about how you can add colors to different groups :-/. check it out
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39...d=391143#pid391143

Edit: i also want to add, that you had a pretty cool idea.. mentioning things that could be usefull in msn etc. but next time know to do a bit of research, there is TONS of info on here about many things. chances are that somebody already made a similar suggestion and that it has been discussed already. :)

RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by emit on 08-29-2005 at 10:19 PM

quote:
Cool, but what about the nickname you had a week ago? Or a month ago? Or the night before?

Its an add on like many add ons, something which is interesting, and something i personally think some people may be interested in.

Logs.

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
2. as for nickname logs.. there is a plugin you can find here:
http://www.msgplus.net/pluginsdb/down/?action=file&id=88

it:
"saves nicknames on command, or log them as they change, and you can also restore a saved nickname"

i'm not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for though

That plugin seems to be quite old, uploaded in 2004 sometime, so it might not be compatible. It's worth a try though.
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by Joa on 08-30-2005 at 02:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
That plugin seems to be quite old, uploaded in 2004 sometime, so it might not be compatible. It's worth a try though.

i can assure you that this plugin works great with the newest version of msn. i would not have posted a link to it unless i knew it worked :wink:

just make sure you read the "readme" file to know HOW to use it :)
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by emit on 08-30-2005 at 12:16 PM

didn't work for me with 7.5. caused msn to crash everytime I signed on.

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-30-2005 at 01:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
Edit: i also want to add, that you had a pretty cool idea.. mentioning things that could be usefull in msn etc. but next time know to do a bit of research, there is TONS of info on here about many things. chances are that somebody already made a similar suggestion and that it has been discussed already

Thanks for clearing some stuff up for me Joa :)

As for everyone getting so worked up, i only suggested a few things which I know I would like to see on MY msn, wether other people think its chavvy or wouldnt like to see it on thiers, thats thier opinion, one which i wouldnt agree with but it isnt my place to say "no your wrong". Im sure the people who invented lets say the colored nickname, some people went "ew no whats the point, thats chavvy/stupid", but alas it is in fact on Plus! today.

This is a forum for ideas, and what people think of them, not something to get angry about :|
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by FrozenDaggers on 08-30-2005 at 04:50 PM

Not quite sure why this turned into a 'lets hurl abuse' thread, but anyway... I'm not sure whether the showing website suggestion is that great, too many changes would have to be made and also, as many people have said - Invasion of privacy.

Also, the seeing who's camming with who - Would you want people to see who you were camming with? I know I wouldn't :dodgy: People constantly asking 'why you camming with so-n-so..' etc.

I guess letting people choose whether they want people to see that would be a good idea. So then people can CHOOSE whether they want others to see what they're doing or whatever. But I just don't think it would be very popular. Seems useless.

RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-30-2005 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
Not quite sure why this turned into a 'lets hurl abuse' thread, but anyway... I'm not sure whether the showing website suggestion is that great, too many changes would have to be made and also, as many people have said - Invasion of privacy.

Also, the seeing who's camming with who - Would you want people to see who you were camming with? I know I wouldn't :dodgy: People constantly asking 'why you camming with so-n-so..' etc.

I guess letting people choose whether they want people to see that would be a good idea. So then people can CHOOSE whether they want others to see what they're doing or whatever. But I just don't think it would be very popular. Seems useless.

Then you could also argue that open convo/closing convo is an invasion of privacy, u could say webcams are an invasion of privacy, you could say the songs were bla bla.. im tired of saying the same thing, as long as you CONSENT, theres no invasion of privacy, and ok you wouldnt like it yet some people might.
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by Joa on 08-30-2005 at 07:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
didn't work for me with 7.5. caused msn to crash everytime I signed on.
i'm sorry to hear that time... it worked ok for me with msn 7.5 :-/

perhaps the msn crashes are caused by something else, are you using stuffplug? if so, make sure you have the newest version (2.2.397 BETA) which is said to be 95% reliable with msn 7.5  ...the older version was causing some problems.

-> http://www.stuffplug.com/

eitherway, if this plugin was the only thing causing your msn to crash, than you are right to warn others that it may happen to them too
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-30-2005 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
eitherway, if this plugin was the only thing causing your msn to crash, than you are right to warn others that it may happen to them too

Yup, mine crashed with the open/close notifier you gave me, then i reinstalled new stuffplug and then realised, theres no need for the O/CN now because theres one in stuffplug anyway! lol.
RE: RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by FrozenDaggers on 08-30-2005 at 11:23 PM

quote:
quote:

Then you could also argue that open convo/closing convo is an invasion of privacy, u could say webcams are an invasion of privacy, you could say the songs were bla bla.. im tired of saying the same thing, as long as you CONSENT, theres no invasion of privacy, and ok you wouldnt like it yet some people might.

Firstly; Calm down. I was just expressing my opinion.
Second; Open/Close convo thing is pointless IMHO, webcams you have consent for, and also music feature is consent and is there to advertise downloads on MSN Music really.
Thirdly; I also said the consent idea was good.
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-31-2005 at 01:12 AM

quote:

Firstly; Calm down. I was just expressing my opinion.
Second; Open/Close convo thing is pointless IMHO, webcams you have consent for, and also music feature is consent and is there to advertise downloads on MSN Music really.
Thirdly; I also said the consent idea was good.

I wasnt angry, fair enough, all entitled to our opinion x
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by emit on 08-31-2005 at 08:14 AM

I don't use stuffplug anymore Joa, so it can't be that. stuffplug caused another bug with a 7.5 skin I tried so it went.

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by Mentality on 08-31-2005 at 08:30 AM

The ideas where people said it would be invasion of privacy, well its right it would be, but not if it could be di-activated like with the "What I Am Listening To" if the music one couldnt be di-activated then that would be invasion of privacy also.

RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-31-2005 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
The ideas where people said it would be invasion of privacy, well its right it would be, but not if it could be di-activated like with the "What I Am Listening To" if the music one couldnt be di-activated the that would be invasion of privacy also.

My point exactly :)
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by Mentality on 08-31-2005 at 04:38 PM

quote:
My point exactly 

I got yer ;) ;)

Good ideas too, I Like'em

RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by LittleK on 08-31-2005 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
Good ideas too, I Like'em

Wahey, least someone does! :P xxx
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas... by joao267 on 09-05-2005 at 02:33 AM

I use mech patch too. With it I can do things like polygamy, remove advertisement banner of the principal msn messenger window, and of the converstions. And Very much things.

Mess Patch can be downloaded for any Msn Messenger version 7.0 or up. (include 7.5.0299) in:
www.mess.be