Shoutbox

msgplus feature request - export configuration - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: msgplus feature request - export configuration (/showthread.php?tid=49672)

msgplus feature request - export configuration by GAZZAT5 on 08-29-2005 at 09:49 AM

i move between my mums and dad's place quite often, so it's frustrating to me to get back to a different computer with different configuration of msgplus.

i was wondering if ther could be a "save" or "export configuration" feature so i could do this.

I have discovered it works if you export the msgplus settings from the registry and then merge them onto the other computer, but this is not a "neat" solution.

Also would it be possible to export the "last visited" status of the msn spaces so that it does not look like i haven't seen someones space since they last updated even if i have on another computer (i.e export the update status to another computer). I know this bit is more to do with msn than msgplus, but it certainly would be cool for those of us who use or own more than one computer

Any ideas?
PPL think it's feasabile?

RE: msgplus feature request - export configuration by absorbation on 08-29-2005 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GAZZAT5

i was wondering if ther could be a "save" or "export configuration" feature so i could do this.

there is one already at the bottom left of prefences did you know about that? :P

[Image: messenger%20plus.jpg]
(save and load)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=523374]
RE: msgplus feature request - export configuration by GAZZAT5 on 08-29-2005 at 09:57 AM

cheeers 4 that

anyways my 2nd idea then:

quote:
Also would it be possible to export the "last visited" status of the msn spaces so that it does not look like i haven't seen someones space since they last updated even if i have on another computer (i.e export the update status to another computer). I know this bit is more to do with msn than msgplus, but it certainly would be cool for those of us who use or own more than one computer

RE: msgplus feature request - export configuration by absorbation on 08-29-2005 at 10:11 AM

Yeh you could request more features to be added to it i suggest e-mailing the creator patchou :)

RE: msgplus feature request - export configuration by L. Coyote on 08-29-2005 at 10:12 AM

No. Suggestions and stuff like that are to be posted here. But before posting, use the search function of this forum as it's very likely that it has been suggested before.

Only email Patchou for important things.

Taken from the site's FAQ.

I have a suggestion, how can I send it to you?
Thank you for trying to improve Messenger Plus!, however, you should know that I already have enough ideas in mind to continue the development of Messenger Plus! for years :). If you want to give your opinion you can use the forum. Please, do not send me any personal message, they won't be answered (I'd love to but you have to understand that I receive way to many emails).