Shoutbox

Oh noes Katrina is here! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Oh noes Katrina is here! (/showthread.php?tid=49706)

Oh noes Katrina is here! by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 02:09 AM

Oh noes hurricane Katrina is about to hit the Tennessee Valley. We are expecting 8inches of rain in the next few days, and we've already had about a half inch and it's bearly gotten here yet. Wind gusts are already at ~29MPH and expected to be higher. Were expecting to have mass power outages seeing as when it hit New Orleans 380,000 people were out of power in a mater of like 30 minutes. So if I'm not online tommorrow you know I'm without power seeing as our generator will not friggin start :blah:

Tornados ARE expected, and school is MOST likely going to be closed seeing as though like 50 counties are already out.

Is anyone else out there expecting this to hit?

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Voldemort on 08-30-2005 at 02:18 AM

be careful!!

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by toddiot on 08-30-2005 at 02:23 AM

my area is going to be hit probably thursday or friday, but only with a bit of rain and maybe some light winds.

Very minimal, compared to what you're going to have to face :|.

Good luck, and are you planning on evacuating?

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by shine on 08-30-2005 at 02:23 AM

Take care... she is a beautiful lady...but :p

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Dane on 08-30-2005 at 02:26 AM

TAKE PICTURES!! Even if you have to risk your life for them, we want to see some pictures?

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by DragonX on 08-30-2005 at 02:28 AM

Well good luck to all of yea, and hopefully u wont get hit like New Orleans is. But yea, take picture!

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by toddiot on 08-30-2005 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
TAKE PICTURES!! Even if you have to risk your life for them, we want to see some pictures?

Yes we do, but
1) Don't risk your life just for us! and
2) Isn't that what we have CNN, etc. for?

But forget 1 and 2 -- we want pictures!

EDIT: Don't go outside... a CTV reporter did for a broadcast and was practicly being blown-away... :O

Good luck, and stay safe once again.
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 02:32 AM

quote:

Sorry, your not that special for me to risk my life for yet :p. And yes, that is what CNN and MSNBC is for. Not only that, my digital camera is in the technology lab at shool.
RE: RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by brian on 08-30-2005 at 02:32 AM

quote:
Even if you have to risk your life for them

:dodgy: Dane.

Why don't you go jump off a cliff and tell us how it feels.. even if you have to risk your life for them? :chrongue:

(no offence)
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by lizard.boy on 08-30-2005 at 02:39 AM

just belt yourself to a waterpipe like in twister :D

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by DJeX on 08-30-2005 at 03:00 AM

My place will be hit either tuesday night or wendsday some time and I live in Canada!

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Joe on 08-30-2005 at 03:03 AM

It's supposed to pass right over my town... but its just wind and rain... if it takes me.. blah

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Lou on 08-30-2005 at 03:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX

My place will be hit either tuesday night or wendsday some time and I live in Canada!
where in canada? Im here too:S *gulp*
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 03:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX

where in canada? Im here too:S *gulp*

In Canada?!?? I never heard anything about that :S. Highest I have heard this thing making it to is Indiana/Ohio :S:S.
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by DJeX on 08-30-2005 at 03:15 AM

I'm from Windsor, Ontario right across from Detroit, my news here says that I'll be getting some of it.

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by DragonX on 08-30-2005 at 03:29 AM

Well as long as it doesn't reach Ott, i'm good :) Then again it can completly stay out of Canada ;)

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Dane on 08-30-2005 at 04:26 AM

Lovely, then there will more than likely be a bit of it that disrupts normal Minnesota Weather.  Wednesday they're expecting thunderstorms, I dont know if those are related though, reasonably the hurricane could be far enough for them to be.

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Negro_Joe on 08-30-2005 at 09:53 AM

Talk about english weather iv never been in a hurricane or a tornadoe nothing even slightly exciting, there was one in birmingham the oter week though, anyhoo be carefull, live in the basement for a few day :D

RE: RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by DragonX on 08-30-2005 at 09:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
...live in the basement for a few day :D

Unless they get flooded :P ;)
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 11:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DragonX
Unless they get flooded :P ;)

Which this hurricane is causing alot of. Mobile Alabama is under 5 feet of water :|. I'm okay, althought the damn weather people said the worst part aint here yet :dodgy. Limbs are down everywere, and thers a few trees down throughout town. No school :banana:.
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 02:59 PM

Breaking news

The City of New Orleans Is Devastated.  Those were the words of Mayor C. Ray Nagin and based upon a major breach of a levee system, water is flowing into New Orleans flooding it beyond recognition and could very well destroy New Orleans, Jefferson and the surrounding areas.

In a most frightening interview with WWL TV, Mayor C. Ray Nagin gave the worse-case scenario of events that anyone could possibly imagine.  In the beginning of the interview, he stated that New Orleans is devastated.

Of most importance is the breach of the levee between Jefferson and Orleans Parish.   

“We probably have 80 percent of our city under water with some sections of our city the water is as deep as 20 feet”.

Both airports are underwater

The twin spans are destroyed.

The Yacht club is burned and destroyed.

Mayor Nagin also stated he was not sure of the structural soundness of the highrise.  He stated that it is possible that the highrise bridge in east New Orleans could be unstable.

The Mayor also stated that all of Slidell (a city which he has no jurisdiction) is under water. Nagin also stated that there was no clear path in and out of New Orleans, that I-10 is underwater.

Nagin stated that FEMA is coming into town tomorrow and that New Orleans will need to obtain major federal help to rebuild the city of New Orleans.

As corroboration, a spokesperson from Tulane University said that they were about to move all of the patients from the hospital due to rising water at one inch every five minutes.  She said white water was pouring down Canal Street (which would be from Lake Ponchatrain-related to the breach in the levee) from the canal separating the two parishes.

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Concord Dawn on 08-30-2005 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Breaking news

The City of New Orleans Is Devastated.  Those were the words of Mayor C. Ray Nagin and based upon a major breach of a levee system, water is flowing into New Orleans flooding it beyond recognition and could very well destroy New Orleans, Jefferson and the surrounding areas.

In a most frightening interview with WWL TV, Mayor C. Ray Nagin gave the worse-case scenario of events that anyone could possibly imagine.  In the beginning of the interview, he stated that New Orleans is devastated.

Of most importance is the breach of the levee between Jefferson and Orleans Parish.   

“We probably have 80 percent of our city under water with some sections of our city the water is as deep as 20 feet”.

Both airports are underwater

The twin spans are destroyed.

The Yacht club is burned and destroyed.

Mayor Nagin also stated he was not sure of the structural soundness of the highrise.  He stated that it is possible that the highrise bridge in east New Orleans could be unstable.

The Mayor also stated that all of Slidell (a city which he has no jurisdiction) is under water. Nagin also stated that there was no clear path in and out of New Orleans, that I-10 is underwater.

Nagin stated that FEMA is coming into town tomorrow and that New Orleans will need to obtain major federal help to rebuild the city of New Orleans.

As corroboration, a spokesperson from Tulane University said that they were about to move all of the patients from the hospital due to rising water at one inch every five minutes.  She said white water was pouring down Canal Street (which would be from Lake Ponchatrain-related to the breach in the levee) from the canal separating the two parishes.

Next time they build a city, maybe they won't build it below sea level :rolleyes:
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Stigmata on 08-30-2005 at 03:09 PM

Don't Die On Me Sean!

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by ~INVASION~ on 08-30-2005 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Concord Dawn
Next time they build a city, maybe they won't build it below sea level

no chit eh!

i still feel bad for them :(
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
Don't Die On Me Sean!

I'll try to stay alive :p. We have tornado watches for the next 4 hours, expecting another line of storms to come from Alabama.
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Lou on 08-30-2005 at 04:41 PM

new orleans is close to here:| This is kind of freaky:|

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by toddiot on 08-30-2005 at 06:02 PM

It's starting to rain here (Waterloo, Ontario). The wind is supposed to start in the evening and over night. My area is only going to get about 30 ML of rain, but some places in Canada are getting 80ML (London) or even 100 ML (Near Nova Scotia)!

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Joa on 08-30-2005 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddiot
(Waterloo, Ontario)

:o! that's where my university is.
its not raining in kitchener yet :P .. but yeah i heard that the windiness is going to start at like 8pm tonight
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by user27089 on 08-30-2005 at 06:21 PM

I would hate to be in a hurricane of any sort, it is one of the reasons I wouldn't live in America, they get things like this too often, I like to live in safe old England...

I feel sorry for all of people who have been affected, and are yet to be affected by the hurricane...

Good luck Sean ;).

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by RebelSean on 08-30-2005 at 06:25 PM

Finaly this thing has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm. It was a category 4,3,2,1 and it was on land for hours :|. This is expected to be the worst hurricane to have ever hit the United States. It's expected to cost more than Ivan did.

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by user27089 on 08-30-2005 at 06:27 PM

I still can't believe what happened to New Orleans yet, I bet the people who live there are heart broken right now!

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Negro_Joe on 08-30-2005 at 06:57 PM

Its this kind of thing that reminds why i love crappy english weather :D

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by DJeX on 08-30-2005 at 07:36 PM

Today Windsor, Ontario looks quite dark. No sun just rain clouds. The rain is comming soon.

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by toddiot on 08-31-2005 at 02:13 AM

Some interesting stuff about Katrina here.

No wind yet. It was raining a bit a little while ago, but it stopped. Hopefully we've missed it :P.

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
that's where my university is.

Which University? UofW or Laurier?
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by [MR] on 08-31-2005 at 02:17 AM

i was scared it would come to texas...but it didnt but then again it would be cool to have flooded schools but then again if the flood came to my house and in side then computers are messed up and i dunno :S

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Joa on 08-31-2005 at 02:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddiot
Which University? UofW or Laurier?

u of w :D

Edit:
it's getting kinda windy here :o
RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by Purity on 08-31-2005 at 02:44 AM

I really hope it doesn't come to saskatchewan.....:sad:

:rofl: just kidding

[Image: 0515.gif]

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by blackjack on 08-31-2005 at 02:47 AM

We had some rain and wind yesterday here :P.. take care Sean :)

RE: Oh noes Katrina is here! by NiteMare on 08-31-2005 at 02:59 AM

its not longer a hurricane, its not longer even classified as a tropical storm system, its transitioning to a normal storm system, and the storm system should hit new brunswick by tommorow afternoon