Shoutbox

again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE (/showthread.php?tid=49766)

again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Joa on 08-31-2005 at 02:05 AM

people said that they wanted to post stuff so.. here :dodgy:, thanks to the back button and all powerful firefox the thread is magically up :o

but don't spam.. and don't post stuff like that this is a self appreciation thread :dodgy: i don't want to be appreaciated :dodgy: as odd as that may sound 8-) but it's true :dodgy:

anyway the thread ->
somebody reminded me that i haven't made one of my dodgy "discussion threads" in a long while... so here you go  :wink:.. 

excuse for this thread -> i've watched too many romantic movies lately when my computer got fuxored  8-)

so ok, yeah.. most of us know what kind of person we'd want to date or whatever (we don't think about whether or not we would want to spend our lives with them).. and most people mainly focus on looks and stuff. eitherway, certainly everybody knows who they would NOT want to date, right?

well my question is, think about this... a life-time partner. i'm worndering what would you be looking for in somebody you would want to spend your life with? i know most of you are too young to even want to think about stuff like that... but just out of curiosity... what qualities, or what would you want that person to embody?

personally, i'd want somebody who i would be comfortable talking about anything with... and i know it's dumb, but i think i'd want somebody who would be like my missing half. and my weaknesses would be their virtues, so they could complete me. and just somebody who i could feel completely safe with. and would love me no matter what.  :$

what things do you seek?  :o .. or maybe you already found somebody who you think you will be with forever?

or do you think that true love does not exist at all, and it's impossible to find somebody that we would want? :^)

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by prashker on 08-31-2005 at 02:06 AM

Like i said ill wait till im 20

PS: Sorry for ruining other one.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by uberdosis on 08-31-2005 at 02:11 AM

Already found her.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by blackjack on 08-31-2005 at 02:11 AM

Ill spend all my life with you :kiss:

Well.. now seriously.. i dunno.. i want that a girl talks about everything.. she likes the inside stuff (Not body, money and that things) someone that tells the truth..

:banana:

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by L. Coyote on 08-31-2005 at 02:17 AM

If I ever found a girl who would put up with me, then that'd be the one girl I had been waiting for. :P

As long as she's a person who cares about herself, but isn't a make-up freek (I don't like girls who hide themselves in colorful dust). Funny and serious. Independent. And all that stuff. Looks, who cares.

Kind of like my ex, but sane (and more social, I need someone to represent me). :P

Edit: About true love... Nah, there isn't something like that for me.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Stigmata on 08-31-2005 at 02:21 AM

ive always though i have, but i come to realise it isnt true love after we break.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Purity on 08-31-2005 at 02:32 AM

Starting to believe less and less with the person im in love with....:-/

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by brian on 08-31-2005 at 02:49 AM

To be honest, I would go for a lifepartner that is fun to talk with.  That I am comfortable with and not shy, either she is.  Smiling person too, even if the worst happens, she would still make you smile.  Someone that looks good from outside and inside.  Someone who is nice to everyone.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Joa on 08-31-2005 at 03:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk
someone that tells the truth..
yeah, being told the truth is very important... it has to be somebody who you can trust 100%

quote:
Originally posted by Regexp

Edit: About true love... Nah, there isn't something like that for me.
i'm sure there is, i think that there's a special someone out there for everyone...
if you think it's them and things go bad it means you just got the wrong person..

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
ive always though i have, but i come to realise it isnt true love after we break.
bah... i hate when that happens, you think you found someone who is so amazing and than all hell breaks loose...

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
Starting to believe less and less with the person im in love with....
:sad:

---

i don't know, i think true love does exist... it just takes time to find it. maybe nobody will find that "perfect person" they really want... but i think they will find somebody that they are compatible with.. so they can work together through their differences, and make their relationship strong and just be in love forever
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Chrono on 08-31-2005 at 03:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brian
To be honest, I would go for a lifepartner that is fun to talk with.  That I am comfortable with and not shy, either she is.  Smiling person too, even if the worst happens, she would still make you smile.  Someone that looks good from outside and inside.  Someone who is nice to everyone.
can i be your lifetime parter then? <3

:refuck: j/k

:P!!

Edited: sorry joa for spamming your thread :sad:
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Joa on 08-31-2005 at 03:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Edited: sorry joa for spamming your thread
dodgy chrono :p

you are forgiven 8-)
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by dylan! on 08-31-2005 at 03:37 AM

she would hafta be pretty and but up with my stupidity:P...and um...truthfull and lovely and a good friend8-)

RE: RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by brian on 08-31-2005 at 03:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by brian
can i be your lifetime parter then? <3

:refuck: j/k

:P!!

Edited: sorry joa for spamming your thread :sad:

:-o!
sowy joa, had to do it!
* brian runs

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by dylan! on 08-31-2005 at 03:40 AM

brian is perfect for me(L)

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Joa on 08-31-2005 at 03:45 AM

i luv you guys but no more spam :dodgy:

spam stops.... NOW

please :(

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by albert on 08-31-2005 at 03:48 AM

Im only 16.. but personally what I would like would be a girl who has a lot of class... Ive been raised with a lot of manners.. and it seems that people don't really have them nowadays..

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by marissa on 08-31-2005 at 04:25 AM

hmm
well i guess everyone looks for looks and stuff, yeah dont deny it... :\ and everyone wants trust and the person to be nice and romantic and stuff. with looks its like...you may be with some half ass guy that isnt the greatest looking but then you see all their other features and then you just find them handsome/beautiful just because of the other features. for me they have to be nice, trustworthy, romantic, um all the other stuff boyfriend is. im young and shit and maybe its only my dumb half of my heart talking but i think ive found my bitch just because...its hard not to be away from him, and its hard for him to be away from me. we met like 3 years back and he left his then current girlfriend for me just to make me happy because we were like bestfriends and i had a crush on him and blah blah and he planned on leaving me but when it came to that point he just couldnt. then a year of being together past with breaking up on and off, another year passed the same way and the third year passed but it was better...we didnt break up a lot. and then all of a sudden he wanted more, so he left me but we'd always still talk about getting married and everything...it wasnt a relationship where you'd hate one and other after a break up, we'd just turn up the bestfriend side in us and then he got a girlfriend and i admit i was jealous and hurt and i told him that and he got kind of mad, but then we wouldnt talk to each other for a day and he'd come back and tell me how much he missed me and loved me and all that stuff but if we talked constant then it'd get a little bitter because of my feelings towards him. so this was just recently and he told me we'd always be "secret lovers" so he'd call me his girlfriendand stuff and i didnt mind when we were talking that little bit because it would give me that happiness that we always had and then just like...um...i forget what day, this week he came back and just told me how much he loved me and how much he hated to kiss his girlfriend because when he did he'd always ask himself "why am i kissing you when i want marissa?" so we talked last night about how he was going to leave his other girlfriend but it'll hurt him maybe and i dont want him to hurt because he's my bestfriend. i dunno...all that bullshit gives you some kinda sign, eh? maybe...maybe a year from now ill be bad talking him and shit...hm

sorry for posting my life story hahah.

k i love joa secretly...but SHH. and wacky, i love wacky.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by emit on 08-31-2005 at 12:02 PM

I, too, in pessimistic verse have wept
Over my first love, just like any man,
And, by yet one more tome, I could have, then,
Into the library of sad souls stepped.

Still, I give you a merry feast, today,
Of pages miscelleanous and new.
Where, fused in imagery, my pain will, too,
Like snowflakes on the water, fade away.

Transparent tears, then, into jokes re-mould,
Symbolic soap balloons, chased to and fro,
Carried adrift by the mad winds that grow
Stirred up by literary trends, ice-cold.

And, in their fleeing ephemerity,
Their walls transparent hardly hold, alack,
From the eternal void, a tiny speck,
Yet, claim a place under the sun, you see.

Most mild posthumous criticism, still
Don't pinch them with your needle's point, for then
My froth balloons, so iridescent, will
Turn, one by one, to heavy tears again.

Of course true love exists, we wouldn't be idealists without it. You can never search for it with a set of parameters though, it's ethereal. Instinct tells you everything you need to know about who you fall in love with. Seek as if unconscious, love as if alive. What do I look for? Nothing I can describe, just something I can feel.

"Our recollection of the past is not simply distorted by our faulty perception of events remembered but skewed by those forgotten. The memory is like orbiting twin stars, one visible, one dark, the trajectory of what's evident forever affected by the gravity of what's concealed."

RE: RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by FrozenDaggers on 08-31-2005 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
I, too, in pessimistic verse have wept
Over my first love, just like any man,
And, by yet one more tome, I could have, then,
Into the library of sad souls stepped.

Still, I give you a merry feast, today,
Of pages miscelleanous and new.
Where, fused in imagery, my pain will, too,
Like snowflakes on the water, fade away.

Transparent tears, then, into jokes re-mould,
Symbolic soap balloons, chased to and fro,
Carried adrift by the mad winds that grow
Stirred up by literary trends, ice-cold.

And, in their fleeing ephemerity,
Their walls transparent hardly hold, alack,
From the eternal void, a tiny speck,
Yet, claim a place under the sun, you see.

Most mild posthumous criticism, still
Don't pinch them with your needle's point, for then
My froth balloons, so iridescent, will
Turn, one by one, to heavy tears again.

Of course true love exists, we wouldn't be idealists without it. You can never search for it with a set of parameters though, it's ethereal. Instinct tells you everything you need to know about who you fall in love with. Seek as if unconscious, love as if alive. What do I look for? Nothing I can describe, just something I can feel.

"Our recollection of the past is not simply distorted by our faulty perception of events remembered but skewed by those forgotten. The memory is like orbiting twin stars, one visible, one dark, the trajectory of what's evident forever affected by the gravity of what's concealed."

Why are you so wise? ;o

-------

I think true love excists, mainly because I've felt love... maybe not 'true' love, but love...
I guess my ideal partner would be someone who could treat a woman right... romantic, sweet, kind, caring, and an over-all nice person. If a man didn't treat me right, I'd take him for all he was worth and tell him to gtfo of my life :D
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Millenium_edition on 08-31-2005 at 04:05 PM

it's easy: someone who is not capable of disappointing me. how? be realistic. know what you're talking about.

have a sense of humour :grin:

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Joa on 08-31-2005 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
Why are you so wise? ;o

because he's Time :)
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Aeryn on 08-31-2005 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
personally, i'd want somebody who i would be comfortable talking about anything with... and i know it's dumb, but i think i'd want somebody who would be like my missing half. and my weaknesses would be their virtues, so they could complete me. and just somebody who i could feel completely safe with. and would love me no matter what.
Same here. Although, it would have to be a person who would have certain common strong points/virtues with me also. Oh, and he has to be a Star Wars fan. :p

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
or do you think that true love does not exist at all, and it's impossible to find somebody that we would want?
I think that love exists within us. There just are people who bring it out in us, so that it seems like they have given it to us. People's "definitions" of true love are so amazingly different, so that maybe you even can't talk about one universal "true love", because it's different for everyone.

Sorry, I think I'm talking gibberish already. |-)

Anyway, I personally do believe that true love (for me) exists. I know that I'm capable of loving someone truly, with all that there is good and bad in them.

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
quote:
bah... i hate when that happens, you think you found someone who is so amazing and than all hell breaks loose...
Ditto.

Oh, and one theoretical question. What do you guys think, can an unrequited love be considered true love?
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Joa on 08-31-2005 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Haz
can an unrequited love be considered true love?

i dunno... i don't think so, cuz than it's just one sided. it is 'just' love... in order for it to be true you need to be loved back..

how can it be true love and how can you TRULY love somebody, when you know you are not loved back? you feel a deep affection for that person, but you are not fulfilled... there is something missing. i think that it is rather .. infatuation, and an obsession (and i mean it in a good way not in a bad way), it is love but a different kind of love. one where you are probably filled with sadness...

it is real, but it is not what i would view as "true"... there's just a distinction between something that is real and feels real.. and something that is true and simply existing.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Stigmata on 08-31-2005 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Haz
What do you guys think, can an unrequited love be considered true love?

it could turn into true love.

There is a film called "The Wedding Planner". The star, jenifer lopez, falls in love with a guy (and vice versa) who she is arranging a wedding for. In the end she is arranged to be married to a guy who shes known through-out childhood. At first she disagrees, but accepts after her dad gives her a speech about his life.

He was arranged to be married to this girl. She hated him, but they still got married for thier parents. One day she fell ill, and he cared for her night and day, and for that, she fell in love with him.

What im kinda saying is, if you are told to love someone. Over time, you realise the reasons you should love this person, and it becomes true love.
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Joa on 08-31-2005 at 07:13 PM

quote:
What im kinda saying is, if you are told to love someone. Over time, you realise the reasons you should love this person, and it becomes true love.

yeah i guess, but still.. it's rare.. and is it true love? or appreaciation? sort of giving into the situation that you were put into...

yet you may be right, because maybe those two people were meant for each other it just took them time to grow and to grasp that realization.
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by multimillion2k on 08-31-2005 at 07:19 PM

Love unrequited? That love is desired in return - this is the implication - yet it be not.
Why do I sound like yoda?

Like Joa said, if your heart aches for someone, to be loved by someone; if you aren't complete without them / you would die without them - this is obsessive stalker material. (ie. people who request block checkers)

True love isn't about receiving - it's about giving. It's about letting someone know you care without needing anything in return, and wanting to give someone more love than they could ever love you.

I used to tell my fiancee that I wished I could be her guardian angel, so I could watch over her. I would protect her from any harm and make sure that she would have everything she wanted. Everything would be perfect. She would never have to worry..
..she would always know she is loved. And yet she would never know how much. :)

*sniff*

Okay, I've just reread that and it sounds soppy to the point that bender's gaydar would explode. Let's never talk of this again.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Joa on 08-31-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
Like Joa said, if your heart aches for someone, to be loved by someone; if you aren't complete without them / you would die without them - this is obsessive stalker material. (ie. people who request block checkers)

it's not necessarily a "wrong" type of love... i knew i used the wrong word when i said obsessed :sad:.

i only meant that it is a love that is not true, no matter how real it feels... it can't be true when you can't share it with the other person. because than it is not complete and not returned...

imo anyway :tongue:
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by marissa on 08-31-2005 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
quote:

it's not necessarily a "wrong" type of love... i knew i used the wrong word when i said obsessed :sad:.

i only meant that it is a love that is not true, no matter how real it feels... it can't be true when you can't share it with the other person. because than it is not complete and not returned...

imo anyway :tongue:

but maybe it's like true love to you becuase you love them and give them so much? its not "true love" in the sense that you and the person arent together sharing the love, but waht you feel may be true love towards the one you love..i dunno, maybe?
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by multimillion2k on 08-31-2005 at 08:12 PM

Well, I think it would be possible to truly love someone without being loved back. But to have a couple truly in love, that's definitely shared.
And often the once someone realises the former, it leads to the latter. Just like the Quasimodo story. does anyone want to hear it?

Edit: Too bad - here we go! It wasn't quasimodo, sorry :$

Moses Mendelssohn, the grandfather of the well-known German composer, was far from being handsome. Along with a rather short stature, he had a grotesque hunchback. One day he visited a merchant in Hamburg who had a lovely daughter named Frumtje. Moses fell hopelessly in love with her. But Frumtje was repulsed by his misshapen appearance.
When it came time for him to leave, Moses gathered his courage and climbed the stairs to her room to take one last opportunity to speak with her. She was a vision of Heavenly beauty, but caused him deep sadness by her refusal to look at him. After several attempts at conversation, Moses shyly asked, "Do you believe marriages are made in Heaven?"
"Yes," she answered, still looking at the floor. "And do you?"
"Yes I do," he replied. "You see, in Heaven at the birth of each boy, the Lord announces which girl he will marry. When I was born, my future bride was pointed out to me. Then the Lord added, "But your wife will be humpbacked."
"Right then and there I called out, 'Oh Lord, a humpbacked woman would be a tragedy. Please, Lord, give me the hump and let her be beautiful.'"
Then Frumtje looked up into his eyes and was stirred by some deep memory. She reached out and gave Mendelssohn her hand and later became his devoted wife.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by saralk on 08-31-2005 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
quote:

yeah i guess, but still.. it's rare.. and is it true love? or appreaciation? sort of giving into the situation that you were put into...

yet you may be right, because maybe those two people were meant for each other it just took them time to grow and to grasp that realization.

in some cultures it is very common, my mum and dad had an arranged marriage, they had never met each other before the wedding day, and then when they got married my dad went back to england because he had a job there, and my mum had to stay in India for a few months while the VISA was sorted out, so they were married but had only seen each other once.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by multimillion2k on 08-31-2005 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
in some cultures it is very common, my mum and dad had an arranged marriage, they had never met each other before the wedding day, and then when they got married my dad went back to england because he had a job there, and my mum had to stay in India for a few months while the VISA was sorted out, so they were married but had only seen each other once.
There lies the advantage in arranged marriages, because when you love someone it is not based on that initial attraction you had or that romantic time you had together - it's because you make the choice to love them. Sure, it may be a little more difficult, but when these two people love each other, you know it's real because they WORKED for it. all the same, I'd rather choose my wife :P

Anyone can love during the smooth times - it's when things get rough that true love shows itself.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by emit on 08-31-2005 at 09:31 PM

Absolute true love is, in essence, unrequited love. They're one and the same. That's simply because true love isn't something you work on, it's just there. Hence unrequited. Normal love requires work, compromise, etc.

I'm not wise. I just write what I think about things.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by user27089 on 08-31-2005 at 10:23 PM

I honestly thought that I had found the girl for me, I know that it may sound lame because I am only 15... When I met this girl Lydia, I liked everything about her, every single thing about me... So I started to treat her really well, and I liked her... She was having some family problems, so I waited almost 2 months until she was ready, then I asked her out, after we were really close... We both got on really well, had really good conversations, I got on really well with all of her family... When Lydia was ill and couldn't play with her little sister, I even sat and played board games with her sister, while I let Lydia sleep... Then, apparently like she treats every other guy she has been out with, she went off me, saying "it's not guna work"... She didn't even have the courage to speak with me to my face, she just said to me on msn "it's not guna work". I was honestly devestated, this happened a week ago tomorrow, and I haven't been the same since, as some people on the forums might tell you, I'm not my usual happy self, and my temperament is really low. I just need to calm down and find something that can take my mind off of things... I don't know what to do, it sucks, I feel empty... Nothing is going too well for me at the moment, and she made me feel special, and now it's all gone...

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Ash_ on 08-31-2005 at 10:27 PM

blah, all the good shit (like easy to talk to, sense of humor etc etc),
but she has to have green eyes or i will cry
[Image: xso_cry.gif]
[Image: msn_tongue.gif] i LOVE
green eyes.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Aeryn on 09-01-2005 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa cool
but maybe it's like true love to you becuase you love them and give them so much? its not "true love" in the sense that you and the person arent together sharing the love, but waht you feel may be true love towards the one you love..i dunno, maybe?
Yup, that's the way I see it too, actually.

quote:
Moses Mendelssohn, the grandfather of the well-known German composer, was far from being handsome.
[. . .]
Then Frumtje looked up into his eyes and was stirred by some deep memory. She reached out and gave Mendelssohn her hand and later became his devoted wife.

*sniff* :$ :D

quote:
Absolute true love is, in essence, unrequited love. They're one and the same. That's simply because true love isn't something you work on, it's just there. Hence unrequited. Normal love requires work, compromise, etc.
So true love isn't normal love? :D

Anyway, I can't fully agree with the "true love isn't something you work on" part. In some sense, indeed, but I also think one has to work with oneself to be able to love "truly". You gotta learn to love, or at least learn how to find the best output (or something, can't find the right word) to that love.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I was honestly devestated, this happened a week ago tomorrow, and I haven't been the same since, as some people on the forums might tell you, I'm not my usual happy self, and my temperament is really low. I just need to calm down and find something that can take my mind off of things... I don't know what to do, it sucks, I feel empty... Nothing is going too well for me at the moment, and she made me feel special, and now it's all gone...
Yeah, I guess in life you'll meet many people who you think are the one for you, but later see they still kinda aren't...
And if I may say so, I don't think desperately trying to get your mind off of it will really help. You just need to allow yourself to be sad for some time, it'll get easier by itself as time goes. :)

Hmmm... Do y'all believe that there is "the one" for you out there?
I actually don't, I think there are quite many people with whom you could be very happy and all, there's no specific person you're destined to be with. At some point you'll just start thinking that that wonderful person in your life is the one you're meant to be with...
RE: RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by emit on 09-01-2005 at 11:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Haz
quote:
So true love isn't normal love? :D

Anyway, I can't fully agree with the "true love isn't something you work on" part. In some sense, indeed, but I also think one has to work with oneself to be able to love "truly". You gotta learn to love, or at least learn how to find the best output (or something, can't find the right word) to that love.

Hmmm... Do y'all believe that there is "the one" for you out there?
I actually don't, I think there are quite many people with whom you could be very happy and all, there's no specific person you're destined to be with. At some point you'll just start thinking that that wonderful person in your life is the one you're meant to be with...

Of course true love isn't normal love, it's way way beyond it. It's just an ethereal connection with one person that you both share that is even more indescribable than normal love.
Of course there's "the one" for everybody. A single person who they would share a passion stronger and more beautiful with than just the people that they could be happy with.
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Ash_ on 09-01-2005 at 11:58 AM

quote:
Of course true love isn't normal love, it's way way beyond
it. It's just an ethereal connection with one person that you both
share that is even more indescribable than normal love.
Of course
there's "the one" for everybody. A single person who they would share a
passion stronger and more beautiful with than just the people that they
could be happy with.
* Ash_ bow's to time.
i never thought of it like that, after reading it,
it seems like the most logical explanation to what love is.
[Image: clap.gif]

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by multimillion2k on 09-01-2005 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Of course true love isn't normal love, it's way way beyond it. It's just an ethereal connection with one person that you both share that is even more indescribable than normal love.
Of course there's "the one" for everybody. A single person who they would share a passion stronger and more beautiful with than just the people that they could be happy with.
Who can verify such things?
Statistically, if there was only the one person, the chances of you actually ending up with that person would similar to matching predetermined straws of hay in a haystack by choosing them randomly. I am not entirely sure what the resulting number is, but I will say that this means that at any one time, less than 50 couples in the world ever get to understand what true love is, and you will agree with me.
This would mean that all the rest of the world can do is sigh, and find a mate who will hopefully be close enough to the perfect one to make life worthwhile.
And since I will have true love, I wish you all the best of luck for the remaining 49 places :P
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by emit on 09-02-2005 at 12:00 AM

Love isn't about statistics. That's far too clinical.

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Chrono on 09-02-2005 at 12:11 AM

quote:
Love isn't about statistics. That's far too clinical.
but he got a point :p
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by emit on 09-02-2005 at 12:16 AM

Absolutely not Chrono, statistics have no place in emotion or instinct. "Lies, damned lies and statistics."

Porn isn't love either! It's fun, but it ain't love!

RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Chrono on 09-02-2005 at 12:22 AM

quote:
Absolutely not Chrono, statistics have no place in emotion or instinct
i know :P

stop spammimg joa's thread :dodgy:
:P!

Edited: thread moved to gcc and cleaned up :P
joa, if you want it to be in T&T then report it or pm me :P
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE by Voldemort on 09-02-2005 at 02:42 AM

She needs to be honest , exesive talker like me , and a redhead if possible.....

My song
(ozzy o - goodbye to romance)

Yesterday has been and gone
Tomorrow will I find the sun or will it rain
Everybody's having fun except me I'm the lonely one
I live in shame

I say goodbye to romance
Goodbye to friends, I tell you
Goodbye to all the past
I guess that we'll meet, we'll meet in the end

I've been the king, I've been the clown
Now broken wings can't hold me down