Shoutbox

team up and work together... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: team up and work together... (/showthread.php?tid=49784)

team up and work together... by Mille on 08-31-2005 at 01:02 PM

Well, i've been searching the forum a litle and I haven't seen anyone suggesting ALL functions from the stuffplug plugin to msgplus.

I mean, all the functions that exists in stuffplug is a must for everyone...
so I can't understand why you haven't them in msgplus.

All the guys at stuffplug, http://www.stuffplug.com/, are all neat.
So I don't want to take their work away from them, or anything...
but you should really condisder teaming up with them and work togheter.
Your missions are the same - you want to give ppl the same things - Two heads are better then one. :- )

I mean, it's totaly uneccecery to have a plugin to a plugin.
And even more to include such "basic" functions (but extremly useful) as there are in stuffplug.
An exampel is that both those plugins for msn have a "message length boost", msgplus has one for 1100 chars, if i remember correct, and stuffplug 5000 chars.

I'm not sayin that stuffplug are better or anything, just want to point out the smilliarity.
Team up and make msgplus even better!

Thanks you.

RE: team up and work together... by zaher1988 on 08-31-2005 at 02:11 PM

Well this is up to stuffplug and Msghelp teams :)

But i think many things will be removed if they worked together, cause some things in stuffplug are still illegal, so msgplus! team will try to remove them. cause of microsoft.

for example patchou used to have the ad's removed until microsoft and him joined up and decided not to :D

RE: team up and work together... by absorbation on 08-31-2005 at 02:14 PM

firstly the creaot or stuffplug i doubt would want to give up his plugin :P second some features patchou does not want to make microsft happy plus i like having a plugin some of my freinds dont have so i can suprise them (6)

RE: team up and work together... by RaceProUK on 08-31-2005 at 03:39 PM

There's nothing in StuffPlug-NG that's illegal, as all patching is done in memory. As for combining the plugins, that won't happen for two reasons:
1. TB won't give up SPNG.
2. Patchou doesn't want to bloat Plus! (that's why there's a plugin API).

RE: team up and work together... by LittleK on 08-31-2005 at 07:25 PM

To be perfectly honest, i wouldnt want them to join up, what would be the new name? Msg Plug? Eww...

Seriously though, i like the fact theyre different. File size would increase, there would be too many "options", would take hella long to configure yadda yadda yadda.

RE: team up and work together... by Mille on 08-31-2005 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Well this is up to stuffplug and Msghelp teams
It sure is. This is just a suggestion from me.
Like I said before - two heads are better then one... working together could make msgplus even better.
And there can still be a Stuffplug-NG plugin.

When I was talking about basic function, I meant things like:

polygamy
boost max message length to 5000 chars seams possible
hide advertising, main windows and conversation
open all links in default browser
oversized display pictures
disable limit of 3 simultaneous file transfers
disable emotion code replacement - ennoying
disable the file transfer blocking feature!!
chat-only name
timestamp (already exists?)
ignore future?

There are still many things the Stuffplug-NG plugin can do on its own. It's a great plugin. I want it to live... so don't see this post/thread as a flame on Stuffplug.

At the moment there are many things in msgplus i dont use...
maybe it should be module based?
So when you want to download the plugin, you will have to fill in a form with the disaired functions. Upon the installation, all the downloaded modules will be installed, and the one you don't use you wont even have to download.
RE: team up and work together... by LittleK on 08-31-2005 at 07:37 PM

I dont think theres much you can do about some of the stuff, As for the advertisement, Patchou decided to stop it when he joined with Microsoft so, that wont be coming back

Mille, whats actually the problem with Stuffplug being a plugin?

RE: team up and work together... by zaher1988 on 08-31-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mille
polygamy

Microsoft wont accept this, so Msgplus team wont also! because they dont need troubles with microsoft!
RE: team up and work together... by matty on 08-31-2005 at 07:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
for example patchou used to have the ad's removed until microsoft and him joined up and decided not to
Firstly this is entirely wrong. Patchou and Microsoft did not join. They simply had a meeting with him in Redmond to show there is no hard feelings between the two companies. Yes Patchou is a company and it is also Cyril's alias. Patchou, on his own, decided that like himself needs some base of revenue. Patchou uses the optional sponsor, and Microsoft uses its ads. If you didn't realize MSN Messenger is free and the ads are Microsoft's revenue for the program. (Pretty much done out of respect for one another.)

Now as for the two joining and becoming one addon. This wont be done for obvious reasons. Patchou doesn't want to "bloat" his addon and TB will never want to give up SPNG. There is a Plugin API for a reason. Things plugins can achieve can be left out of Plus! for that specific reason.

This wont ever happen so we can pretty much stop discussing it.

Matty
RE: team up and work together... by Millenium_edition on 08-31-2005 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
quote:
polygamy

Microsoft wont accept this, so Msgplus team wont also! because they dont need troubles with microsoft!
it is certainely not a matter of wether microsoft accepts it or not :-/
RE: team up and work together... by multimillion2k on 08-31-2005 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
To be perfectly honest, i wouldnt want them to join up, what would be the new name? Msg Plug? Eww...
No, the new name would be "stuff msgplus!"
RE: team up and work together... by kangie on 08-31-2005 at 08:10 PM

As far as I know, the reason they still remain seperate, and always will, is because certain features would not be put in Plus!, and also that Patchou respects the fact TB does Stuffplug, and they have agreed to keep Stuffplug as a plugin for MsgPlus, as it makes it easier, and means they can work on their individual things at the same time :)

RE: team up and work together... by ShawnZ on 08-31-2005 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Well, i've been searching the forum a litle and I haven't seen anyone suggesting ALL functions from the stuffplug plugin to msgplus.

I mean, all the functions that exists in stuffplug is a must for everyone...
so I can't understand why you haven't them in msgplus.

All the guys at stuffplug, http://www.stuffplug.com/, are all neat.
So I don't want to take their work away from them, or anything...
but you should really condisder teaming up with them and work togheter.
Your missions are the same - you want to give ppl the same things - Two heads are better then one. :- )

I mean, it's totaly uneccecery to have a plugin to a plugin.
And even more to include such "basic" functions (but extremly useful) as there are in stuffplug.
An exampel is that both those plugins for msn have a "message length boost", msgplus has one for 1100 chars, if i remember correct, and stuffplug 5000 chars.

I'm not sayin that stuffplug are better or anything, just want to point out the smilliarity.
Team up and make msgplus even better!

Thanks you.

TB and Patchou are friends afaik, but stuffplug is much too bloated to fit in something as small as plus is right now.
RE: team up and work together... by RaceProUK on 08-31-2005 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
There's nothing in StuffPlug-NG that's illegal, as all patching is done in memory. As for combining the plugins, that won't happen for two reasons:
1. TB won't give up SPNG.
2. Patchou doesn't want to bloat Plus! (that's why there's a plugin API).
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Now as for the two joining and becoming one addon. This wont be done for obvious reasons. Patchou doesn't want to "bloat" his addon and TB will never want to give up SPNG. There is a Plugin API for a reason. Things plugins can achieve can be left out of Plus! for that specific reason.
Hmm... déja vu!
RE: team up and work together... by Patchou on 08-31-2005 at 09:04 PM

Thank you for the idea but I like things the way they are right now. If you want the features of StuffPlug, just download it :). Several features of StuffPlug are more for "advanced users" and are not suitable for Messenger Plus!.