Shoutbox

Adding emoticons from one identity to another - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Adding emoticons from one identity to another (/showthread.php?tid=49787)

Adding emoticons from one identity to another by alegator on 08-31-2005 at 03:10 PM

I use MSN polygamy. In one identity I  just added some emoticons that a contact sent in a chat conversation by right clicking on them and "Add". But I notice that in my other identity they do not show. How can I copy those emoticons to the other identity too? Thanks

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by RaceProUK on 08-31-2005 at 03:40 PM

Start a conversation between the two, send them from the one that has to the one that hasn't got the emoticons, then do the right-click trick ;)

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
alegator i search alot , but it seems there is no way :S
He's using polygamy, which means he can do what I just said.
RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by zaher1988 on 08-31-2005 at 03:44 PM

yes yes i know that he can start a conversation , but i mean an easier way :)!! i mean the only way is the one u 've just mentioned

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by RaceProUK on 08-31-2005 at 03:50 PM

Fair enough ;)
The only other option is to see if 'MSN Backup' can do what you want.

I think it's called 'MSN Backup' anyway.

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by zaher1988 on 08-31-2005 at 03:58 PM

Here You Go

MSN BackUp V1.1.7

Software for the backup and installation of Moods, Winks, Emoticons, Backgrounds and User Tiles from Microsoft MSN Messenger 7. With MSN Backup you can see the image preview and the flash preview for the Winks (soon the flash preview for the Moods).

This software, instead of many other that you can find for Moods installation, don't put in your computer spyware, trojan or other stealth programs.

[Image: msnbackup_g1.jpg]

Download Now

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by LittleK on 09-01-2005 at 02:03 AM

My msn custom emoticons, just to just simpley delete themselves, i know this isnt possible and something was either not working properly, deleted, installed improperly *shrugs* who knows, but just in case it happens again, anyone have an idea whats happening? virus maybe?

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by alegator on 09-01-2005 at 08:03 AM

Thanks, yes I know I can start a conversation between my two identities and click ADD, but it is time consuming. So that's why I posted here to find an alternate way. I'll try MSN Backup, thanks!!!

RE: RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by CookieRevised on 09-01-2005 at 08:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
My msn custom emoticons, just to just simpley delete themselves, i know this isnt possible and something was either not working properly, deleted, installed improperly *shrugs* who knows, but just in case it happens again, anyone have an idea whats happening? virus maybe?

Most likely not though. It would be well possible if the index file, which keeps all the shortcuts and file links, got corrupted somehow (by badly closing of MSN Messenger, bug, whatever).
RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by alegator on 09-01-2005 at 02:14 PM

When installing MSN Backup my firewall is reporting that "MSNBackup.exe is attempting to listen for connections from other computers". Should I grant authorization for this or have the firewall block it? In the latter case, will it limit functionality of MSN Backup? Thanks.

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by zaher1988 on 09-01-2005 at 02:41 PM

no just authorize it !!

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by CookieRevised on 09-01-2005 at 02:46 PM

:|

A program like MSN Backup shouldn't do anything more then some file handling. This smells suspicious ^o)

More info is needed here. Where did you get that program from, zaher1988?

(see, this is the reason why I always urge NOT to post direct download links; if you link to something, link to the official/original homepage of the creator)

EDIT: zaher1988, change that link you posted to http://www.baisoft.it/msnbackup_english.asp
linking directly to a download isn't the proper thing todo, especially not when there is a perfect official page with more info on it (and info which is important to read).

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by zaher1988 on 09-01-2005 at 02:54 PM

hehe comeone :P

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This smells suspicious
??

i just copy the shortcut and put it there!! + the link in from http://www.baisoft.it  i dont think anything wrong with it

also btw also sometimes MSGPLUS! can be dected as a spyware in spyware programs !! so hehe sure it's same case here
RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by CookieRevised on 09-01-2005 at 03:08 PM

zaher1988, a program like MSN Backup has no business contacting anything; it is a file handler program and shouldn't do anything more...

Unless it phones home to check for updates or something, hence I said this needs more info. As long as this info is not present and there isn't a legit reason, yes this is very suspicious...

quote:

also btw also sometimes MSGPLUS! can be dected as a spyware in spyware programs !! so hehe sure it's same case here
Plus! and a program like MSN Backup are totally two different kind of programs. Also, I said "suspicious" and "need more info". I did not say MSN Backup is spyware or whatever. And a firewall reporting "this program tries to listen for connections from other computers" is something totally different than a virusscan or spyware scan.

As for:
quote:
i just copy the shortcut and put it there!! + the link in from http://www.baisoft.it
As I said, never give a direct download link to a program while there is an official homepage for the program which contains more detail info on what the program does and what it is. There are tons of reasons not to provide a direct download link. So again, I ask you to change the link to http://www.baisoft.it/msnbackup.asp or http://www.baisoft.it/msnbackup_english.asp

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by zaher1988 on 09-01-2005 at 03:14 PM

ok no problem i will change the link :)

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by alegator on 09-01-2005 at 09:00 PM

Guys, I denied the program from accessing the net, I also think this is just a file hanfdler, and in case I want an update I'd rather do it myself manually.

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by RaceProUK on 09-02-2005 at 11:02 AM

A word of advice: if in doubt, block it ;) That way, you never get caught by surprise.

RE: Adding emoticons from one identity to another by LittleK on 09-05-2005 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Most likely not though. It would be well possible if the index file, which keeps all the shortcuts and file links, got corrupted somehow (by badly closing of MSN Messenger, bug, whatever).

Surely id get a warning on msn?

* LittleK shrugs

Doesn't happen now, so im not that bothered. Still be nice to know why :P So open to any suggestions.