Shoutbox

Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! (/showthread.php?tid=49801)

Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by RaceProUK on 08-31-2005 at 07:08 PM

Nicked from my own newsfeed

You've all been waiting for it, and now the day has come! Phoenix 2 is officially released, boasting 20 features in total, ranging from an IRC-style /xpslap command to on-the-fly conversation window control, covering quotes - both built-in and user-provided - random and selected, nickname logging/saving/restoring, and contact status change alerts.

Get it now at RPSoftware.net, the new home of Phoenix.

Edit:
Important
The latest version is 2.01. Please use this version with Messenger 7.5 and Plus! 3.60.

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by Patchou on 08-31-2005 at 09:05 PM

Looks good, hope you sent it to the official plugins db :).

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by M73A on 08-31-2005 at 09:20 PM

omg finally raceprouk:P

* M73A downloads :D

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by Zephyr on 08-31-2005 at 09:23 PM

Thanks raceprouk for this update. I've been waiting a long time for this and it's great :).

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by M73A on 08-31-2005 at 09:28 PM

the menu doesnt work in my conversations.... (you know where file and all the show up) but if i goto plus - plugins - phoenix and select something they work but not if i click phoenix and select something...

this just me?

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by Zephyr on 08-31-2005 at 09:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
the menu doesnt work in my conversations.... (you know where file and all the show up) but if i goto plus - plugins - phoenix and select something they work but not if i click phoenix and select something...

this just me?

It's not working for me either. I just reinstalled, but it still won't work.
RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by Ezra on 08-31-2005 at 09:36 PM

I don't really like the fact it can disable my preferences password... Kinda privacy breach :s

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by Zephyr on 08-31-2005 at 09:53 PM

My MSN Messenger keeps crashing when i click on the toasts. I was running stuffplug (latest version) before and clicking on the open window notifier toasts opened a conversation fine.

Since i installed phoenix 2, clicking on phoenix toasts and stuffplug ng toasts just exits my msn without even a warning.

It doesn't happen all the time. The first couple of times, clicking on both toasts will be fine, but then it will crash msn messenger.

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by L. Coyote on 09-01-2005 at 03:25 AM

Yay! Finally!

I've been waiting for this for ages. :P

Didn't have any problems, though I only use a couple of features (maximize windows and hide own DP). :D

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by Lt.Col.DraGon on 09-01-2005 at 03:27 AM

Thank you raceprouk... I like this program really much..sorry, about 1  month ago off topic i posted when was this gonna be released :( . I'm sry for askin, i didn't know it was against the rules.

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by matty on 09-01-2005 at 05:22 AM

Patchou you need to send him the latest beta of Plus! as with the tabbed chats it causes Messenger to unexpectedly close. If your status is set to offline and you open a bunch of convo windows then you change your status to online the close. Or when your status is set to online and you have more then 1 convo going it crashes. I forgot to add that this happens when Phoenix 2 tries to hook its own menu to the chat windows.

raceprouk: I will forward this on to Patchou because its going to cause a lot of headaches.

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by RaceProUK on 09-02-2005 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I don't really like the fact it can disable my preferences password... Kinda privacy breach :s
You do have to tell it to though ;)

As for the menu problem, I'm not sure exactly why that's happening. Can you let me know what versions of Messenger, Plus! and Windows you're using?
The crashes - strange it should affect StuffPlug-NG too. It never had any issues on my own PC, and I run SPNG. Again, let me know what versions of stuff you're using, and I'll look into it.

If you have any more bug reports, please report them, and I'll do my best to fix them ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Looks good, hope you sent it to the official plugins db :).
I will do, though I'd like it to be a link to my download page (makes it easier to keep track of updates then).
RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by M73A on 09-02-2005 at 11:39 AM

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0299
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.54.0132

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by qgroessl on 09-02-2005 at 11:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance

those are the same for me and I can't get the menu in the conversation window to work. That's all I use because I don't like typing commands.
RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by L. Coyote on 09-02-2005 at 12:01 PM

The menu (or should I say menues? :p) work for me.

Actually, it shows A LOT (10 or 11) of "Phoenix" menues after the "Plus!" menu. :P

They all work. (Y) :rofl:

Edit: sorry, forgot:

Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0816

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by RaceProUK on 09-02-2005 at 12:50 PM

It works fine with Messenger 7.5 on my machine (same Plus!, same OS). What language are your Messengers?
As for the multiple menus, it should only add one - what other plugins are you running Leo?

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by M73A on 09-02-2005 at 12:54 PM

english messenger:P

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by RaceProUK on 09-02-2005 at 12:55 PM

English here too. I'll take a look through the code, see what I can find.

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by L. Coyote on 09-02-2005 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
As for the multiple menus, it should only add one - what other plugins are you running Leo?
Phoenix
StuffPlug-NG (non-Beta)
openConvo
Pass Reminder
Stringy Plugin
Block All Contacts By CyBeRDuDe
OutTo Plug v0.2.36
Status2File v0.1.76

quote:
What language are your Messengers?
English (US)

I disabled all plugins (except Phoenix, of course) and tried again. No problems. (Y)

I re-enabled all plugins again and also no problems.

So I don't know what happened before. O.o

Edit: no problems as in "the menu was there and it was one".
RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by Millenium_edition on 09-02-2005 at 02:44 PM

quote:
English here too. I'll take a look through the code, see what I can find.
do you add menus at initialize? it might be that you forget to remove them once you uninitialize (plugin reloader or something)
RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by ShawnZ on 09-02-2005 at 02:46 PM

Why did you release this AFTER I switched to linux? :( :P

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by matty on 09-02-2005 at 02:46 PM

quote:
As for the menu problem, I'm not sure exactly why that's happening. Can you let me know what versions of Messenger, Plus! and Windows you're using?
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.54.0139

I emailed Patchou to see if he can send you a beta that makes use of the tabbed convos cause its when you try to hook the window the problem is caused. As long as the chat windows are ungrouped or you disable the menu from Phoenix 2 there is no problem.
RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by RaceProUK on 09-02-2005 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
do you add menus at initialize?
When I subclass the conversation window, which should only be done once (per window). And since nothing crashes, I'm guessing no-one else uses the window message number I do.
RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by Millenium_edition on 09-02-2005 at 07:27 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
do you add menus at initialize?
When I subclass the conversation window, which should only be done once (per window). And since nothing crashes, I'm guessing no-one else uses the window message number I do.
i'm talking about using appendmenu - do you do that? because if you reload the plugins and your dll looks for open windows and subclasses them (that fails) and adds menus (this works) then you end up with 10 different working menu's
RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by RaceProUK on 09-02-2005 at 07:44 PM

The DLL doesn't look for windows - it catches them on creation. It then subclasses, and the new window procedure uses InsertMenu() to insert it at the end. So, unless there's another plugin subclassing and also using WM_USER+100 (or anything sending WM_USER+100 to the window), there should only be one menu.

Maybe I'll change the 100 to some random value...

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by Nš4 on 09-05-2005 at 05:43 AM

work s 100%

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by giken on 09-05-2005 at 11:48 AM

hi raceprouk,
I installed your plug-in and it works fine... honestly I don't use any feature but "contact status change notification" so, if it's possible can you create a little plugin with this feature only?

thanks in advance :)

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by RaceProUK on 09-05-2005 at 02:16 PM

If there's enough demand for a feature to be in a separate plugin, then I'll do so. If you're worried about disk space, Phoenix isn't that big to start with, and I will make efforts to reduce the filesize in the future too ;)

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by giken on 09-07-2005 at 06:03 AM

thanks in advance, it's not a disk space or ram memory problem :D
Simply I like to install plugins I use only ;)

It's useless (imho) to install a plug-in with 30 features if I set 29 disabled and just 1 enabled :)

Hope you'll made it :D

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by riahc4 on 09-10-2005 at 11:59 PM

quote:
If there's enough demand for a feature to be in a separate plugin, then I'll do so. If you're worried about disk space, Phoenix isn't that big to start with, and I will make efforts to reduce the filesize in the future too ;)
Good news. Second time it installed....Ill give me comments in a while
EDIT: Doesnt seem to work. Im trying to slap a contact but nothing happens.
RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by RaceProUK on 09-12-2005 at 12:10 PM

Are you sure the plugin is loaded? If so, could you try some of the other commands, see if they work?

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by riahc4 on 09-12-2005 at 02:45 PM

quote:
Are you sure the plugin is loaded? If so, could you try some of the other commands, see if they work?
Yep its loaded and none of the other commands work.

Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0303

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by RaceProUK on 09-12-2005 at 07:05 PM

It might have something to do with Plus! 3.54 not being fully compatible with Messenger 7.5.

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by riahc4 on 09-13-2005 at 12:06 AM

quote:
It might have something to do with Plus! 3.54 not being fully compatible with Messenger 7.5.
I see.
RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by giken on 09-25-2005 at 08:40 PM

Hi raceprouk,
any news about status change notifier plug-in?

if I can ask for, of course :)

RE: Phoenix 2 - Here at Last! by RaceProUK on 09-26-2005 at 12:35 PM

Of course you can ask ;)
ATM, I haven't got Internet for my own PC, but when I do, I'll probably do it ;)