Shoutbox

Messenger not workin! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger not workin! (/showthread.php?tid=49804)

Messenger not workin! by Mentality on 08-31-2005 at 07:46 PM

Anyone else struggling to connect to MSN hotmail and messenger, or is it just me? Not noticed any other threads so i'm assuming it's just me.

RE: Hotmail No Worky? by mwe99 on 08-31-2005 at 07:52 PM

Messenger? What problems are you experiencing?

RE: Hotmail No Worky? by Mentality on 08-31-2005 at 07:56 PM

messenger won't sign in, i try to check my hotmail through msn explorer won't sign me in, i check in IE explorer to check hotmail and it couldnt connect to server, but i checked through msn messenger (the status) and it says all are stable and running, this problem started earlier for what seems like no apparant reason, except I added a new account to MSN explorer and added it to my msn messenger for the first time since formatting my computer at the start of the week.

MSN Explorer Premium (just trying it out, dnt tease lol, 2 month free trial)
IE7 Beta
Messenger 7.5 build 299

(outlook express 2003 connected fine also)

RE: Hotmail No Worky? by Mentality on 08-31-2005 at 08:00 PM

it will sign in then sign for a matter of minutes then sign back out.

Even turned off my firwall for a 5 minunte period incase it was that, but that didnt help, nor did it make any sense since it was working with the firewall workin earlier.

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
Microsoft cancelled your account due to illegal activity..

Outlook wouldnt connect. ^o) (what are you implying?)
RE: Hotmail No Worky? by RebelSean on 08-31-2005 at 08:39 PM

Most likely a problem with the .NET service. It's been goofing up over the past few days. What error code do you get when you try signing in? Also you should edit your thread title because it is not about Hotmail but about MSN Messenger.

RE: Messenger not workin! by Mentality on 09-01-2005 at 08:16 AM

Thanx for the heads up Rebel I've now changed the thread name to Messenger not workin!! The reason I put htmail was because when I tried to go onto hotmail I was getting the could not find server page after inputting my email and password.

The Code is 80004005

Ok it happens when I try to sign in with a different account, for the record I'm using

Msn Messenger 7.0 build 299 with msg plus and mess.be patch.

BTW before anyone says I double posted multimillion2k deleted his post for some reason.

RE: Messenger not workin! by RebelSean on 09-01-2005 at 11:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
The Code is 80004005

http://www.msn-problems.com/solve-msn-messenger-p...gn-in-80004005.php

RE: Messenger not workin! by dylan! on 05-25-2006 at 10:13 PM

I get the same error but with a clean version of 8.0.0689.00
I've tried for 2 days before this weekend and I went camping and got back today and I still get this error and I've re-installed soooo many times and my mom also said it wasn't working for her but she tried today and it worked for her....I only get this error with MY email address, I've tried with a couple others and they work fine

RE: Messenger not workin! by Zephyr on 05-25-2006 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dylan!
I only get this error with MY email address,

Have you tried on other computers?

If it's only your email address, it may be worth deleting your folder in application data.

Start> Run> type %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\

Then delete the folder which corresponds to your ID. Your ID can be found using this page. http://www.m00.cx/misc/msgrid.php

This will delete all of your winks, custom emoticons, backgrounds, so you may want to back them up from within that folder.

A couple of days ago, I was having trouble with signing in, and it was only for my email address, but i recieved an error relating to a server problem. If yours is also a server problem, you can only wait.
RE: Messenger not workin! by dylan! on 05-25-2006 at 10:29 PM

tried that still not working

RE: Messenger not workin! by Zephyr on 05-25-2006 at 10:33 PM

Have you tried signing in on another computer, or even with webmessenger?

If you can't sign in there, then it is most likely a server problem.

RE: Messenger not workin! by dylan! on 05-25-2006 at 10:42 PM

no no I can sign in on windows messenger... but not normal messenger....and yes it lets me sign in at other computers!!!:@:@:@:(:'(

EDIT: I got my friend to try again and she said it just signed in forever and I just didn't sign in

RE: Messenger not workin! by Zephyr on 05-25-2006 at 10:48 PM

quote:
no no I can sign in on windows messenger... but not normal messenger....and yes it lets me sign in at other computers!!!

Then you could also try deleting the registry keys for MSN Messenger after uninstalling it and also deleting the application folder as i said before.

Start> Run> regedit

Browse to and delete the following folders.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger

Note: Be careful when going into the registry, because deleting the wrong key could result in more problems.

Then download MSN Messenger again, and install it. Hopefully this will sort out the problem.

quote:
EDIT: I got my friend to try again and she said it just signed in forever and I just didn't sign in

EDIT: Yes, then it may be a problem with the server, but you can try what i suggested as well.

RE: Messenger not workin! by dylan! on 05-25-2006 at 10:56 PM

GRRR still not working:@.... but its been happening for like a week now:S well 4-5 days

RE: Messenger not workin! by Zephyr on 05-25-2006 at 11:07 PM

quote:
GRRR still not working:@.... but its been happening for like a week now:S well 4-5 days

Hmmm, wierd. Sorry, can't rellay think of anything else. But maybe switching the server that WLM uses might be a temporary fix.

WLM Servers
RE: Messenger not workin! by dylan! on 05-25-2006 at 11:17 PM

naw I tried that... I think I'm either gonna make a new email or go bacxk to my old one

RE: Messenger not workin! by Rodney on 05-25-2006 at 11:26 PM

I had this problem on my sisters account with the latest WLM. Delete the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

This will have no effect on your contacts so don't worry about that.

RE: Messenger not workin! by dylan! on 05-26-2006 at 02:02 AM

I got it AND IT WORKED OMFG THANKS

RE: Messenger not workin! by Rodney on 05-26-2006 at 09:45 AM

Yeah, that's what I thought too when I found it after 2 weeks of searching :D