Shoutbox

messenger background images - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: messenger background images (/showthread.php?tid=49817)

messenger background images by dalziel on 09-01-2005 at 12:29 AM

I've searched for this topic but can't find it anywhere.  On the MSS Messenger sign-in screen, there's a background image of (1) rotating half-people (at least, I think they're people!) or a tacky marijuana leaf!!  How do I get rid of that offensive leaf?  MSN claim it's not their design choice, but everyone I know with messenger gets it.  I really really hate it and don't think I can ignore it.
Can anyone tell me how to banish it forever?  Please?

RE: messenger background images by matty on 09-01-2005 at 01:15 AM

Completly Uninstall MSN Messenger and reinstall it from http://messenger.msn.com. Someone installed a skin that on the computer that replaces specific files inside of MSN Messenger itself.

The other possibility could be that in the folder where you installed MSN Messenger to (normally C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger) there is a file called lvback.gif, delete this file and if its the actual background image of MSN Messenger then it will be removed.

RE: messenger background images by RaceProUK on 09-02-2005 at 11:15 AM

You don't really need to uninstall first - just running the 'Repair' option should work.

RE: messenger background images by absorbation on 09-02-2005 at 11:20 AM

cannbis msn uninsatller must leave it in i'll contact the guy who makes the insatller to fix it :)

btw it's lvback.gif in your messenger directory which you can change to whatever you want ;)

RE: messenger background images by ShawnZ on 09-02-2005 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dalziel
MSN claim it's not their design choice, but everyone I know with messenger gets it.

The WeedMSN skin has nothing to do with MSN. Its just a skin made by a third party.