Shoutbox

Remove Plus PERMANENTLY! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Remove Plus PERMANENTLY! (/showthread.php?tid=49863)

Remove Plus PERMANENTLY! by jjbltt on 09-02-2005 at 02:31 AM

I have removed Messenger Plus as instructed in the FAQ. However, the tool bar and sponsor icons on the desktop pop out suddenly one day after I have removed Messenger Plus.  Y is this so? Some one pls help me! Thanks so much.

RE: Remove Plus PERMANENTLY! by wj on 09-02-2005 at 02:40 AM

Try re-installing messenger plus with the sponsor.

Disable any ad/spy-ware programs you have installed so they dont get in the way.

Once it's completed the re-install, Run the uninstaller included with plus. I recomend just uninstalling the sponsor as Messenger plus is a nice add-on, but you can go through the full un-install.

If that doesnt work, Check this out:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598

Failing that I would look and make sure it's the ad-ware included with plus' sponsor package.

RE: Remove Plus PERMANENTLY! by mwe99 on 09-02-2005 at 03:01 AM

You may have corrupted the software package, as you may have misunderstood the FAQ or something. if you reinstall with the package then uninstall it correctly your problem may be gone. If not try running Spybot or Adware

RE: Remove Plus PERMANENTLY! by absorbation on 09-02-2005 at 08:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
You may have corrupted the software package, as you may have misunderstood the FAQ or something. if you reinstall with the package then uninstall it correctly your problem may be gone. If not try running Spybot or Adware.

no, scanners cause the problem is the first place. Just do what Wj says it may sound odd but it fixes any errors with the uninsatller which scanners usally cause :sad: