Shoutbox

Annoying "Work Offline" in IE. Possible to get MSN to ignore the status? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Annoying "Work Offline" in IE. Possible to get MSN to ignore the status? (/showthread.php?tid=49877)

Annoying "Work Offline" in IE. Possible to get MSN to ignore the status? by zach on 09-02-2005 at 11:56 AM

I often get the message that I cannot log into msn because I am 'Working Offline' in Internet Explorer. Is there a way to make msn ignore that IE is 'Working Offline', so I don't have to keep on going into IE and connecting?

Apart from going into IE and turning it off ¬¬

RE: Annoying "Work Offline" in IE. Possible to get MSN to ignore the status? by ShawnZ on 09-02-2005 at 11:58 AM

Turn off working offline?

RE: Annoying "Work Offline" in IE. Possible to get MSN to ignore the status? by M73A on 09-02-2005 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Turn off working offline?

quote:
Originally posted by zach
Apart from going into IE and turning it off ¬¬

moving on... maybe theres something you could reshack to make it not check what IE is set to.... (well thats just my guess coz there's no option for it...)
RE: Annoying "Work Offline" in IE. Possible to get MSN to ignore the status? by ShawnZ on 09-02-2005 at 12:35 PM

You can't reshack it. Just turn off working offline.

RE: Annoying "Work Offline" in IE. Possible to get MSN to ignore the status? by mwe99 on 09-02-2005 at 12:36 PM

As far as i know if you go to File > Work Offline, then you're classed as "working offline" so you probably just need to disable it.

Why do you want to do this anyway? Surely you could use a firewall if you dont want to connect to IE as such

RE: Annoying "Work Offline" in IE. Possible to get MSN to ignore the status? by ShawnZ on 09-02-2005 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
As far as i know if you go to File > Work Offline, then you're classed as "working offline" so you probably just need to disable it.

Yep, and since msn messenger uses Internet Explorer to connect, it can't access the internet if you turn that on.
RE: Annoying "Work Offline" in IE. Possible to get MSN to ignore the status? by zach on 09-02-2005 at 12:40 PM

Well for some reason, IE is often set to Work Offline. I don't know why, but it get's annoying having to turn it off all the time. I thought there might be a way to disable it...