Shoutbox

new orleans - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: new orleans (/showthread.php?tid=49882)

new orleans by guanako on 09-02-2005 at 01:05 PM

many local residents and even some public officials are expressing frustration over what they see as the snail's pace of rescue operations. U.S. Congressman Charlie Melancon, who represents the hard-hit district in the southeastern part of the New Orleans metropolitan area, says he expected the federal government to come in faster with all the resources needed.
http://www.voanews.com/english/katrina.cfm
I just cannot believe that we can go and set up as quickly as we did in Iraq, with communications systems, et cetera, and we cannot get that down in New Orleans,
i never thougth it would get this bad, this people is really sufering, look at some of the damge its pretty bad
Before
http://www.voanews.com/english/images/dg_new_orleans_msi_march9_2004_large.jpg
After
http://www.voanews.com/english/images/dg_new_orleans_msi_aug31_2005_large.jpg

Mnjul edit: The images were replaced with links because their filesize was too large

RE: new orleans by FrozenDaggers on 09-02-2005 at 02:28 PM

It's terrible.

The weather seems to be getting WAY out of control. And it's all our fault with Global Warming and stuff :(

RE: new orleans by guanako on 09-02-2005 at 04:52 PM

it will take at least 1 year to build all that up again :(

RE: new orleans by SikStyles on 09-02-2005 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
it will take at least 1 year to build all that up again :(

and not to mention a lot of money, they are even thinkin about not buildin everything up again, heard it on the news, might have heard wrong so dont quote me on this

but the number of lives that were lost is terrible!
RE: new orleans by steVenB on 09-02-2005 at 07:36 PM

and to think that equal rights exists in the U.S....

RE: new orleans by NiteMare on 09-02-2005 at 08:29 PM

quote:
it will take at least 1 year to build all that up again
they say it will be atleast 6 months before its drained
RE: new orleans by guanako on 09-02-2005 at 08:41 PM

there was people that thought it was a tornado and went to their basement and drawn there :( its soo sad

RE: new orleans by evm on 09-02-2005 at 08:47 PM

the us spend all the money on iraq and now they have no money to give to help new orleans

RE: new orleans by Jhrono on 09-02-2005 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by evm

the us spend all the money on iraq and now they have no money to give to help new orleans
omfg, people say shit about anything they can...If US dont give a shit about iraq, it's cause they do, if they spend money there, is cause they do...
Blah!
RE: new orleans by brianjdupuis on 09-02-2005 at 10:15 PM

I just want to say let God be with all those people on the streets and people who are in need of food and water......Let us all pray!!! Patchou should setup some donation thing!!

RE: new orleans by [MR] on 09-02-2005 at 10:31 PM

my school is donating to our sister high school in new orleans and the senoirs at my school are going over to new orleans sometime to help clean up

RE: new orleans by L. Coyote on 09-02-2005 at 11:48 PM

It's horrible, indeed. To think that where my father lives, in Florida, they only faced the eye, and it was at a lower rank at the time. I'm glad he's ok and nothing big happened there.

quote:
Originally posted by evm
(Y) Agreed 100%. Bush's ideas of spending the money are backfiring. Although, it's terribly sad it happened this way. :(
RE: new orleans by marissa on 09-03-2005 at 12:09 AM

im glad theres gonna be a concert for this to raise money. green days playing (haha woo :grin: ) and a lot of other artists, so a lot of money will be raised from this, thank god. my dad was considering going down to help, because he does plumbing, electrition stuff and carpentry and all that stuff. i wish i could help out in a way :\
oh, the concerts on September 10th and i think they're airing it on MTV and probably other stations. 93  billion (i think, maybe million...i forget) dollars were raised when i watched the news yesterday

RE: new orleans by expert on 09-03-2005 at 12:19 AM

that place looks like a poor place now cause of all the mess :dodgy:

RE: new orleans by DJeX on 09-03-2005 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brianjdupuis
I just want to say let God be with all those people on the streets and people who are in need of food and water......Let us all pray!!!

I agree, I've been praying. I wish I could go there and help but I live in Canada and they will say that I'm probably to young.

quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
The weather seems to be getting WAY out of control

It's going to get worse.

RE: new orleans by brianjdupuis on 09-03-2005 at 12:46 AM

Sooo Patchou is there anyway that we can setup like a donate to katrina storm thing??? on behalf of all msgplus users!!

RE: new orleans by Jhrono on 09-03-2005 at 12:47 AM

quote:
Patchou should setup some donation thing!!
Hm patchou is canadian, he sure is a human being, but, wtf...why patchou??!
RE: new orleans by L. Coyote on 09-03-2005 at 01:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
quote:
Patchou should setup some donation thing!!
Hm patchou is canadian, he sure is a human being, but, wtf...why patchou??!
Yeah, I think he already donates enough.

quote:
MsgPlus! Store
All the benefits made on this store will be doubled by Patchou and donated to the Red Cross.

quote:
Originally posted by Time
"I am absolutely disgusted. After the tsunami our people, even the ones who lost everything, wanted to help the others who were suffering," said Sajeewa Chinthaka, 36, as he watched a cricket match in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
"Not a single tourist caught in the tsunami was mugged. Now with all this happening in the U.S. we can easily see where the civilized part of the world's population is."
(Y) Indeed.
RE: new orleans by emit on 09-03-2005 at 01:26 AM

"I am absolutely disgusted. After the tsunami our people, even the ones who lost everything, wanted to help the others who were suffering," said Sajeewa Chinthaka, 36, as he watched a cricket match in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
"Not a single tourist caught in the tsunami was mugged. Now with all this happening in the U.S. we can easily see where the civilized part of the world's population is."

RE: RE: new orleans by guanako on 09-03-2005 at 02:48 AM

quote:
omfg, people say shit about anything they can...If US dont give a shit about iraq, it's cause they do, if they spend money there, is cause they do...
Blah!

can u re-word that? :S,
i saw on the news soldiers that just got back from irak they just get off the plane after 2 days of traveling, just to jump onto another plane goin to new orleans to help the victims.
RE: new orleans by RebelSean on 09-03-2005 at 03:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:

Source :blink:? ABC just reported that it will take MONTHS to get the water out, and well over 7 months until power is restored.

This is such a horrible situation and I think, just as the Mayor of New Orleans said, the Government needs to get off there ass and get help down there now.
RE: new orleans by DJeX on 09-03-2005 at 03:29 AM

I just heard on the news that the Police of New Orleans were given the order to shoot to kill andbody who is looting.

Man who cares if there looting, they have no house, no food, NOTHING. And its not like those stores are going to reopen any time soon, and by the time they did open back up everything would be ruined. It's taraible.

RE: new orleans by *Saint* on 09-03-2005 at 03:37 AM

yes i heard that too they have been told to shoot to kill, yes thats severe but also this is a time when i think they should be enforcing laws because if everyone can do as they want run around and steal things nothing can get done, they need as much order and peace as they can get and its not like people are stealing from grocery stores because im sure they are already emptied for the aid effort but no one needs new tvs furniture at this time, also its still the law and its there job to make sure its done its not there choice when its time to enforce the law or not to finally i think its the main goal of that was to scare the majority of people off of stealing and from people coming into the city to take advantage

RE: new orleans by RebelSean on 09-03-2005 at 05:03 AM

What would you do if you had no water, no food, no clothes, nothing to lay on? If I were down in any part of that state and I was going through this, you can bet damn good and well I would be looting. Especially people looting to fee there families.

That is outragous.

RE: new orleans by NiteMare on 09-03-2005 at 05:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:

Originally posted by NiteMare

quote:

Source :blink:?

ATV(part of CTV) reported that yesterday

RE: new orleans by fluffy_lobster on 09-03-2005 at 06:43 PM

There's a lot I could say about this subject but I'd just like to respond to an early post here:

quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
It's terrible.

The weather seems to be getting WAY out of control. And it's all our fault with Global Warming and stuff :(
Katrina wasn't an exceptionally big hurricane. The mayhem was caused by its location... and the tragedy has been caused by an astonishingly slow reaction from the government to both the flooding and the obscene social inequalities in the USA's inner cities.

Doesn't bear thinking about really :-/
RE: new orleans by RebelSean on 09-03-2005 at 10:36 PM

Before it hit Florida it was only a category 1 I believe, and after it hit it gained a crap load of strength, and was a category 4 like a day after it hit Florida.

Was just watching the local news, the governor of Tennessee is wanting to declair Tennessee a disaster area. Why? I don't know but I'm going to find out.

President Bush is a idiot for the way he is handleing this catastrophy.

RE: new orleans by Stigmata on 09-03-2005 at 10:41 PM

richest country in the world ey?

RE: new orleans by Menthix on 09-04-2005 at 12:23 AM

- USA government pays loads of money to make war with Afghanistan.
- USA government pays loads of money to make war with Iraq.
- USA lets down people when their own country, their own people, gets hit by bad weather.

:(

RE: new orleans by azn angel on 09-04-2005 at 12:24 AM

what goes around comes around.

RE: new orleans by Dane on 09-04-2005 at 12:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
- USA lets down people when their own country, their own people, gets hit by bad weather.

Thats cause USA friggen sucks! I hate my country :P.  At least we have a general idea of where DX might be :p
RE: new orleans by RebelSean on 09-04-2005 at 03:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
quote:

Thats cause USA friggen sucks! I hate my country :P.  At least we have a general idea of where DX might be :p

Then leave if you hate the USA.

And I agree with you MenthiX. But then again, I just saw on CNN that the Governor of Louisiana told the President himself that Louisiana was fine, then a day later he told Bush that they needed help :o :o!?! WTF IDIOT.
RE: new orleans by guanako on 09-04-2005 at 04:52 AM

i am more than suer that they are doing the best they can, another thing too, when another country suffers for any thing who is always the one that wants to help or actully helps? the US isnt it? so when something happend to the US everyone spects it to come up w. somthing big, i am not sayin that tht uS needs help but, i think it is dealing w. it like what it is. the most powerful nation on the planet.

RE: new orleans by Purity on 09-04-2005 at 06:56 AM

quote:
A doctor has reported to Fox News that 6 murders and 12 rapes have taken place inside the New Orleans Superdome in the past two days. Dr. Charles Burnell also said that there had been a suicide.   
20,000 residents took shelter in the stadium after Hurricaine Katrina struck and the doctor has described the situation there as "very unstable, very high tension, a very dangerous environment."   
He complained about the lack of medical supplies available to treat those in need of help but said that the threat of violence has forced him to leave the Superdome and remain outside until his safety can be more assured.

Brutal.\

Source: http://shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=49950&newsid=13...3&start=1&sparte=4
RE: new orleans by shine on 09-04-2005 at 08:37 AM

Considering the magnitude of the problem..I'm surprised why the federal govt was caught in wong foot.  US deployed troops in Iraq even faster than they started aid operations.

I hope the aid reached to people before the situation worsens.. I hope they could drain water from  the city as fast as thay can and not take 80 days (n)

RE: new orleans by Dreth on 09-04-2005 at 08:42 AM

USA seriously needs to build better houses. Over here in Puerto Rico, some call it a third world country, our houses have resisted for decades hurracanes that come and go like an everyday thing.

All those houses, looked like they were made of straw, wtf... Why build such houses in dangerous areas? NY is almost 200 years old, if it isn't already, and I bet those buildings wouldn't fall down with a damn hurracane.

Use some god damn cement, leave the luxorious wooden panels and nails for indoor crap, not the actual house.

RE: new orleans by shine on 09-04-2005 at 08:46 AM

quote:
i am more than suer that they are doing the best they can, another thing too, when another country suffers for any thing who is always the one that wants to help or actully helps? the US isnt it? so when something happend to the US everyone spects it to come up w. somthing big, i am not sayin that tht uS needs help but, i think it is dealing w. it like what it is. the most powerful nation on the planet.

Whole world i spouring in with helping hand..in case you are not aware.. even cuba has offerred a medical team of 500 doctors for aid mission

India has donated 5 million as aid.. and other countries too.. only issue is that US has to take it to the needy as soon as possible.

Quote "Meanwhile, aid is pouring in from around the world. In fact, developing nations have been the first to offer their support and their money.

Sixty nations, including Cuba, have offered aid packages. India wants to give $5 million.

Mexico wants to send two ships, 15 amphibious vehicles and two helicopters to help rescue victims. Thousands of Mexicans are believed to be among the 60,000 people trapped in the floodwaters in New Orleans. "

Unquote
RE: new orleans by user27089 on 09-04-2005 at 08:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dreth
USA seriously needs to build better houses. Over here in Puerto Rico, some call it a third world country, our houses have resisted for decades hurracanes that come and go like an everyday thing.

All those houses, looked like they were made of straw, wtf... Why build such houses in dangerous areas? NY is almost 200 years old, if it isn't already, and I bet those buildings wouldn't fall down with a damn hurracane.

Use some god damn cement, leave the luxorious wooden panels and nails for indoor crap, not the actual house.

I have always thought that, a lot of my family have, their houses are made out of wood and stuff, it's really crap... To be honest, no wonder they can't resist a hurricane or forest fires and stuff, their houses are wood and paint, it's balls... If you come over to England, you won't see any american style houses over here, it's all brick and mortar, and like your country, it has withstood a lot of stuff!

I do feel really sorry for the people of New Orleans though, I'm sure it will get back on it's feet, unlike other countries, the government will actually put money into this disaster.
RE: new orleans by shine on 09-04-2005 at 09:28 AM

Yes I have always wondered why people in us use timber and stuffs like that to build houses.. esp when US is more prone to Hurricane & twisters... Why not buid using concrete & bricks?

RE: new orleans by Tasha on 09-04-2005 at 10:02 AM

It's a tragedy, but will everyone stop flaming Bush for one minute and think that he has actually done, and is still doing all he can to help? You can't blame him for a natural disaster. It has been said over here in our papers that he knows he has neglected that area, and is very sorry to see what has happened. There was even a picture of him talking to two girls, and hugging them. (No, I don't think he was doing it to keep up an image.)

The raping and looting and killing is horrible. I can understand looting for food, but killing and raping is just sick. Especially when i've heard they're raping little children. :sad:

It's a very sad time, all we can do is pray for those who are affected. The city will get rebuilt, the people will get back on their feet, but it doesn't stop me feeling terrible for them. :sad:

RE: new orleans by user27089 on 09-04-2005 at 10:10 AM

I don't see why they're raping people to be honest, what's the point, does it even help at all?

RE: new orleans by briosky on 09-04-2005 at 11:04 AM

It's very sad. Everything. From the power of a natural disaster to the delay in helping, as well as any form of abuse.
If intrested, links to pictures of looters in action are on my website plus a help plea, and several New Orleans cams.

RE: new orleans by RebelSean on 09-04-2005 at 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
It's a tragedy, but will everyone stop flaming Bush for one minute and think that he has actually done, and is still doing all he can to help? You can't blame him for a natural disaster. It has been said over here in our papers that he knows he has neglected that area, and is very sorry to see what has happened. There was even a picture of him talking to two girls, and hugging them. (No, I don't think he was doing it to keep up an image.)

No but you sure as hell can blame him for taking FOUR days to adress the nation, and start sending help. It's not totaly his fault, I'm not saying that, but taking FOUR days to start sending help? Thats a bit to long, he should have sent it the day New Orleans got hit.

Not only that, it's sad when the mayor of New Orleans has to tell the president on national television to get off his ass and get the hell down there, it really is.

And about him huggint those two girls, it's called a show.
RE: new orleans by Tasha on 09-04-2005 at 05:00 PM

quote:

And about him huggin those two girls, it's called a show.

Just because he's the president doesn't mean he doesn't care. *-)
And it didn't look fake to me at all. You could see concern in his face and everything, so...

I don't know why he has taken the time, I really don't. Yes, he should have taken less time to do it, but have you ever run a country? :tongue: Not saying I have, but you would need time to get things organised.
RE: new orleans by Dreth on 09-04-2005 at 09:51 PM

With all due respect to everyone here, USA is the self-proclaimed most powerful nation in the world. It took action in the whole Tsunami Incident faster than the New Orleans thing.

This kind of stuff isn't supposed to happen in the first place, build strong houses and EMPTY the god damn dams before Hurracanes arrive.

But anyways it did, and Bush took a while to send help, it's almost mandatory to send the god damn aid to people in his OWN nation instantly. I just wonder what the hell he was thinking about for four whole days.

RE: new orleans by *Saint* on 09-04-2005 at 11:36 PM

theres more than just bush who runs this rescue effort and i doubt he really is the guy in charge because he isnt a rescue and disaster expert and only knows what he is told his, a figure head who everyone is blaming.

RE: new orleans by buzz on 09-05-2005 at 02:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I don't see why they're raping people to be honest, what's the point, does it even help at all?
in a state of disaster its common to forget everythig and turn to and act on your instincts and needs. this acctually happend alot back when the jews were being taken to consentration camps by train, people were killing eachother for water/food and alot of jews where raping eachother for no real reason...
i personally dont think they should re-build because the same thing will happend again...its a fairly new city.
RE: new orleans by *Saint* on 09-05-2005 at 03:28 AM

new orleans isnt new at all its a historic city thats also probably why so much damage happened because most of it is really old

no mardi gras this year :(

RE: new orleans by paperless on 09-06-2005 at 10:15 AM

quote:

The raping and looting and killing is horrible. I can understand looting for food, but killing and raping is just sick. Especially when i've heard they're raping little children. :sad:

The city will get rebuilt, the people will get back on their feet, but it doesn't stop me feeling terrible for them.

Well... its his obligation, he is the president, besides all he has to do is sit in a chair to make some phone calls, apear on TV and newspapers with that monkey face and go to new orleans choose two random girls and walk around with them to pretend he is very sad about it.

Yeah its a natural disaster but the reason why the help wasnt faster was because of the pointless war in Iraq, what was it for?
First was for the mass destruction and when they "discovered" there were no such weapons they said it was to save Iraqi people from the hands of a heartless dictator.
So, now what? They are free now leave them alone, all the bombings are because of US presence when they leave everything will follow the natural course of things.
I dont exactly know if US want the oil or conquer iraq or wtfe but they were wasting precious troups on Iraq.
Bush's main purpose is to stop the terrorism and stuff blah blah blah.
11/9 killed around 3000 people, Katrina 10.000+ and what surprises me is that the world in general seemed to be way more worried about 11/9 than about this disaster, oh i got it yeah, most people in new orleans are black and kinda poor.

I think they should rebuild the city but not in a point that will totally eliminate the traces of the hurricane they could let some flooded canals like in venice or something, that will add a special touch to the city and if it is an historical city, even better.

[Image: RobRogersPittsPostGazette.gif]

From http://www.thebushpresidency.org/index.htm
RE: new orleans by saralk on 09-06-2005 at 11:30 AM

My heart goes out to anyone affected by this.

I think this should serve as a wake up call to the american government.

As the London Bombings showed, the war on terrorist hasn't worked, and we are still very much at threat.

If the American government can't respond in a quick and efficient manner to something that they have known was coming for a while, i dread to think what the response will be like to a terrorist attack on a similar scale.

RE: new orleans by guanako on 09-06-2005 at 12:53 PM

they are totally different situations.

RE: new orleans by paperless on 09-06-2005 at 02:35 PM

quote:

Both need money.
RE: new orleans by saralk on 09-06-2005 at 02:47 PM

quote:

no they are not, after a terrorist attack, the people involved in the attack will have similar needs. Terrorists work in very unpredictable ways, the use of biological weapons could mean that all water and food within a city is unconsumable, and the government would need to evacuate the area and make sure there is clean water and the people have access to food.

Furthermore, with a terrorist attack, there will be no prior warning and people will be worried that a second attack could happen imminently increasing the fear. At least with Katrina, people had plenty of warning and we knew very roughly what to expect
RE: new orleans by guanako on 09-06-2005 at 03:47 PM

the goverment wouoldnt have to do so much if people would have listen, most of them were warned, but they thought it wouldnt hit them hard enough and see now where they are,
witha terrorist atck you are most likely to not be warn, thats why you have to be prepared, which brings back to the new orleans situation, they know where they live thye should know that they get hurrican there

luckly its all clearing out now (Y)

RE: new orleans by saralk on 09-06-2005 at 04:30 PM

quote:
the goverment wouoldnt have to do so much if people would have listen, most of them were warned, but they thought it wouldnt hit them hard enough and see now where they are,
witha terrorist atck you are most likely to not be warn, thats why you have to be prepared, which brings back to the new orleans situation, they know where they live thye should know that they get hurrican there

the authorities told them to evacuate, that was it. A large proportion of New Orelean's inhabitants lived below the poverty line (38%), 27% of households didn't have private transportation and no provisions were made for people who were unable to move because they were elderly, disabled or had no access to transport.
RE: new orleans by guanako on 09-06-2005 at 05:59 PM

we have something call tv, and radio, where u can hear/watch news

RE: RE: new orleans by Garndell on 09-06-2005 at 06:01 PM

quote:
What would you do if you had no water, no food, no clothes, nothing to lay on? If I were down in any part of that state and I was going through this, you can bet damn good and well I would be looting. Especially people looting to fee there families.

That is outragous.

I've seen people looting TV's, Video Recorders etc... how in hell are they gonna be of use?  Besides, the Police are no better http://www.zippyvideos.com./8911023771013466/coun...looting-in-walmart

Clinton was saying how the defenses were supposed to have been upgraded yet somehow they never did after Bush got in, perhaps Bush never read the reports on the investigation of the defenses, more likely he thought it a waste of money.

Marilyn Manson called New Orleans "the cess pit of america" and that's something I gotta agree with, what with the dead bodies floating around and all.
RE: new orleans by guanako on 09-06-2005 at 06:06 PM

wow :| that video, and who knows what else went or is goin down over there :( sad just sad:(

RE: new orleans by Exca on 09-06-2005 at 06:06 PM

Bush always says "lower taxes, lower taxes", and now happenes this and there is no money to enforce the area :S there you go with lower taxes. He gives shit about the population. Clinton had 4% of the people who were workless, since Bush it is now already 8%. He spends 11000$ on weapons a day. Jezus. What a labile system. And the weaponindustry is so powerfull in Amerika, glad i'm not living there, when you open a bankaccount you get a gun! omg

RE: new orleans by Stigmata on 09-06-2005 at 06:10 PM

thing that i dont get is why everyone is concerned about new orleans...

the entire state of mississippi was hit. its the poorest state in america :S

RE: new orleans by guanako on 09-06-2005 at 06:16 PM

well wasnt it the one that got hit the hardest? and the most affected? but we are more concern about the everyone that was affected

RE: new orleans by Stigmata on 09-06-2005 at 06:17 PM

quote:
well wasnt it the one that got hit the hardest? and the most affected? but we are more concern about the everyone that was affected

i see no news stories about anywhere else..

annoyes me to honest. never looking at the bigger picture, only what is right in front of them.
RE: new orleans by guanako on 09-06-2005 at 06:21 PM

well thats up to the media, and u know they cant just put anything on the air, companies like NBC,CNN are controlled by bigger people thats one of the reasons why in the US some of the international news are filter before they are given to the publc.

RE: new orleans by *Saint* on 09-06-2005 at 06:21 PM

they are concentrating on New Orleans because it is the Major City in the area and one of the worst hit so more people and lots of damage means its the priority plus if they can fix it up a bit they can maybe still use the some of the cities services like the hospitals and equipment

they are helping other areas too but you dont hear of it because the media doesnt want to talk about some place people have never heard of

and if theres 15 people in some little city helping and 1500 people in the big city helping it looks nicer to see the 1500 people

RE: new orleans by saralk on 09-06-2005 at 06:26 PM

quote:
we have something call tv, and radio, where u can hear/watch news

what has that got anything to do with not having the right provisions to get out of the city.

The government should have provided buses and other ways to get out of the city.
RE: new orleans by Tasha on 09-06-2005 at 06:55 PM

Despite what Bush may have done wrong, despite the fact that he could've given help quicker, I have made a kinda poem dedicated to all effected by Hurricane Katrina. :)

quote:
It blew through the land,
Tearing apart lives, homes, souls.
It left devastation,
It had wreaked havoc.
But amongst the wreckage,
Some were coming together,
as ONE.

Murders, rapes, looting,
All around us,
Homeless, helpless families,
Loved ones lost,
But still we will get through,
as ONE.

The devastation will be gone,
The homes and lives rebuilt,
We can never bring back our loved ones,
But they are still all around us,
In our thoughts, hearts and memories,
as we mourn,
as ONE.

RE: new orleans by Stigmata on 09-06-2005 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
and if theres 15 people in some little city helping and 1500 people in the big city helping it looks nicer to see the 1500 people

id prefere a bit on everywhere
RE: RE: new orleans by Exca on 09-06-2005 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Despite what Bush may have done wrong, despite the fact that he could've given help quicker, I have made a kinda poem dedicated to all effected by Hurricane Katrina. :)

quote:
It blew through the land,
Tearing apart lives, homes, souls.
It left devastation,
It had wreaked havoc.
But amongst the wreckage,
Some were coming together,
as ONE.

Murders, rapes, looting,
All around us,
Homeless, helpless families,
Loved ones lost,
But still we will get through,
as ONE.

The devastation will be gone,
The homes and lives rebuilt,
We can never bring back our loved ones,
But they are still all around us,
In our thoughts, hearts and memories,
as we mourn,
as ONE.

Nice poem :D , you should send it to bush imo...
RE: new orleans by Pr0xY on 09-06-2005 at 08:58 PM

quote:
I guess you weren't watching the news when they showed the huge trucks bringing in all sorts of supply's into the city.  Like How many miles long was the line of suply trucks again? hmm...

USA letting down the people? I think not. 

Plus, it was the choice of most of the people in that city to stay there.  They were worned a good 2 days ahead of time. 

RE: new orleans by saralk on 09-06-2005 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
quote:
I guess you weren't watching the news when they showed the huge trucks bringing in all sorts of supply's into the city.  Like How many miles long was the line of suply trucks again? hmm...

Plus, it was the choice of most of the people in that city to stay there.  They were worned a good 2 days ahead of time.

and how many days after hurricane katrina struck did this happen?
RE: new orleans by RebelSean on 09-06-2005 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
quote:

and how many days after hurricane katrina struck did this happen?

Support from like the red cross, and non-federal agencies came after it hit. Support from the Government took 3-4 days 8-).
RE: new orleans by DJeX on 09-06-2005 at 09:20 PM

I just watched the Oprah Winfrey show on the damage in New Orleans, she went there and interviewed people and showed in the superdome after the people had left.

It really brings a tear to your eye when you see the real side of everything. The news hides it all by only reporting the good news, but we need to also know the bad.

It's sad, I wish I could go there and help. But I live in Canada and I'm only 15.

RE: new orleans by M73A on 09-06-2005 at 09:23 PM

apparently Michael Jackson is releasing a charity song to help.... called From The Bottom Of My Heart....

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13431718,00.html

RE: new orleans by LittleK on 09-07-2005 at 08:48 PM

News today, women on top of a building shouted down to policemen for help, they said if you show us your breasts, when they refused, the policemen said fine and drove off on thier boat...

What has happened?! People living like animals in america... EVERYBODY should be pitching together, making money, and flying MORE helicopters in....were all humans, we all feel pain...nice to hear john travolta took his own private jet and flew food over there.

Also, some people actually WANT to stay in thier homes in fear of getting shot/mugged/raped..., which is understandable.. its your home, your life. But it wont be for longer if they dont get out, i say bring on the forced removal. Cruel to be kind..

Oh yeah, cheers Bush for helping. Too little too late :@