Shoutbox

Brightscreen - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Brightscreen (/showthread.php?tid=49907)

Brightscreen by Exca on 09-02-2005 at 09:54 PM

Everyone is talking about how amazing brightscreen displays are compared to ordinal tft screens.... now my uncle has bought a HP dv4000 with brightscreen. What the h*ll?, My screen is a usual old widescreen tft and it looks way better than his; my white is more bright, his blue startbalk is like gray-blue, mine is really deepblue, same for red and orange colors. My colors are much more vivid. And when his backlight is on maximum, mine still give's much more 'light', he doesn't have much constrasts in his screen. Isn't it supposed to be otherwise?? I tried to set his color and screen options as good as possible but he doesn't meet mine tough... Oh yeah, and my black is the same black as his, but yet I don't have brightscreen. Brightscreens came just after I bought my laptop...

Ow yeah, he has Intel Graphics acceleration 900; gamma can't come below 1, at ATI's video card, you can set it below 1, maybe that's the reason, because I have ATI card and it becomes that good by setting it lower then 1. I'm struggled with it because I want to buy a new laptop but not one with such poor screen. Also my viewing angles are much wider than his..

RE: Brightscreen by Exca on 09-04-2005 at 04:57 PM

nobody with the same experiences?

RE: Brightscreen by Negro_Joe on 09-04-2005 at 04:58 PM

Iv never heard of a brightscreen why are they so special?

RE: Brightscreen by TylerG on 09-04-2005 at 05:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
Iv never heard of a brightscreen why are they so special?
Same, I have never heard of a brightscreen. Sorry:(
RE: Brightscreen by Exca on 09-04-2005 at 07:40 PM

Brightscreen, cristalbrite; it's all the same. Every computer-brand has it's own name for it. What's the difference? The brightscreens are installed on all new laptops; they are supposed to be bright. They reflect, shine very much (it's like glass) while a normal 'old' tft-screen is frosted. The colors should be better too. But that's what I doubt. Sony calls the screen Black-X.

RE: Brightscreen by Negro_Joe on 09-04-2005 at 08:56 PM

Oh rite...nope still no idea, iv never heard fo them is this an american thing or what?

RE: Brightscreen by Exca on 09-07-2005 at 08:00 PM

Take a look at this and you will finally understand :)]