Shoutbox

MSG Plus! disappeared! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSG Plus! disappeared! (/showthread.php?tid=49917)

MSG Plus! disappeared! by jayjayjo on 09-03-2005 at 02:20 AM

I love MSG Plus! also love Messenger so I update the two on a regular basis then soon after installing messenger 7.5 & the MSG Plus! update, I set it all up and then a day or two later I noticed that <Plus!> was missing which was next to <Help> in Messenger ... it had some how uninstalled its self! I had ajusted Microsoft Antispyware to ignore and not remove MSG Plus! Beats the hell out of me why its doing that .... ^o)

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by Chrono on 09-03-2005 at 02:25 AM

I guess Plus! just didnt run at windows' start up, the program should still be installed. Try this:

go to C:\program files\Messenger Plus! 3 and double click msgplus.exe. Then close and reopen your contact list and the menu should be there.

Then go to Plus! > Preferences. In the General options > local settings tab, there's a menu down there which says "Messenger attach method". Click on the menu and choose "default mode-forced".

You shouldnt have this problem anymore :)

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by jayjayjo on 09-03-2005 at 02:39 AM

no luck ... went to, C:\program files\Messenger Plus! 3 and double clicked msgplus.exe, it was there ... and I double clicked it .. naa didn't work at all

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by Chrono on 09-03-2005 at 02:49 AM

you sure? did you close and reopen the contact list? it should appear after doing so... or maybe you could try closing and reopening MSN (right click the buddy icon at the systray > exit)after double clicking the sgplus.exe file...

Anyway, if the file is there then msgplus havent been uninstsalled

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by Patchou on 09-03-2005 at 04:14 AM

Unfortunately, the latest versions of MSAS has a bug that prevents msgplus.exe from running, even if you choose to ignore the warning. Tell Microsoft about it, they don't want to listen to me.

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by NiteMare on 09-03-2005 at 04:24 AM

what if you change the exe name? does MSAS search for the file name?

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by Patchou on 09-04-2005 at 12:28 AM

yeah, it finds msgplus.exe base on its signature but in any case, I'm not about to start trying to hide and give them an excuse to say that I'm the creator of a malicious program. They are the one doing the wrong thing and if I have to keep being harmed so that some people realise that, so be it.

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by mirelitneni on 09-04-2005 at 03:10 PM

hi! (I'm bad at English:$)
Help me!!!
I download the Messenger Plus, and 1 use the "chameleon funktion" (ctrl+space) and the MSN is disappeared!!! I not found anywhere! How can I open it again? Thanks!!

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by mwe99 on 09-04-2005 at 03:13 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=528189]

Boss Protection function can be undone by double clicking this icon.

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by Schockwave on 09-04-2005 at 10:08 PM

mwe99, I had that once recently, the same icon in the system tray and just rebooted and so far it has not happened since. My advice, try rebooting and see if it all works ok, hope this helps.

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by jayjayjo on 09-05-2005 at 09:55 AM

Thank you all for your responses, it seems simply selecting MSG plus! repair option when it comes up is the way to go and restarting the PC helped as well :$ but this isn't the first time MSG plus! has disappeared on me :S , I had to use a older version of MSG plus! ^o) and that was after I downloaded the MSG plus! update :| , I think Microsofts problem with MSG plus! is that they didn't think of MSG plus! first (A)

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by Shaggie on 09-06-2005 at 05:56 PM

I have Build 1.0.615 of Microsoft's AntiSpyware installed on my machine (which appears to be the latest version) and do not seem to have any problems with MsgPlus!  I did select the "always ignore" option for MsgPlus in MSAntiSpyware

RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by T-PO on 09-06-2005 at 07:51 PM

Maybe they listened.....

RE: RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by jayjayjo on 09-07-2005 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shaggie
Selected the "always ignore" option for MsgPlus in MS AntiSpyware

:) Thats what I did and no problems it was great ... MSG Plus! just disappeared one day it was there the next gone .... I'm watching all my anti-viruses & Anti-spyware programs, i'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
eg: I was chatting to my uncle who hasn't installed MSG plus! we were swapping animated Smilies (it was funny as) and the very next day MSG Plus! was gone :|
RE: MSG Plus! disappeared! by slenderkitten on 09-08-2005 at 09:51 AM

all you have to do is go to

C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3

then select

MSGPLUS.EXE

and it will enable it in your messenger, if after doing this you still dont see it just close down msn messenger and re-open it - Problem solved.

Also to let it open up when starting up your computer go to

START
RUN
TYPE IN    MSCONFIG
Select Startup Tab
put a tick in MsgPlus
select OK
then reboot
and it should load EVERYTIME you boot up your computer

you can check by going to TASKMANAGER and MsgPlus should be listed there.

Microsoft Antispyware has never affected my use of this program not even highlighting it as a problem when i have done scans, and nor should it affect yours.