Shoutbox

Can you help me? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Can you help me? (/showthread.php?tid=49932)

Can you help me? by Nathan on 09-03-2005 at 12:30 PM

Hiya,
I really want a psp but the problem is i only have £110. Is there anywhere were i can buy one for that much?
Please,
Any ideas would be grateful.
P.S I dont want second hand

RE: Can you help me? by M73A on 09-03-2005 at 12:32 PM

ebay :D

i'm thinking of getting one from there... or leave it a little while and there should be some mint second hand ones because people prefer the ds (loads of DS's went on ebay... lol)

RE: Can you help me? by ProblemWv Authority on 09-03-2005 at 12:33 PM

oo i know...............get a job! ;)

:P

RE: Can you help me? by Nathan on 09-03-2005 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ProblemWv Authority
But guess what I'm only 12! :P

I've looked for ones on ebay but all over  110 :(
RE: Can you help me? by ProblemWv Authority on 09-03-2005 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
quote:
Originally posted by ProblemWv Authority
But guess what I'm only 12! :P

*ProblemWv Authority = pwned

RE: Can you help me? by M73A on 09-03-2005 at 12:37 PM

go here: http://video-games.search.ebay.co.uk/psp_Sony-PSP...sopZ3QQsacatZ91512

RE: Can you help me? by Nathan on 09-03-2005 at 12:39 PM

I only go for buy it now items. It's nice and easy :P

RE: Can you help me? by M73A on 09-03-2005 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
I only go for buy it now items. It's nice and easy :P

do what i do... goto ebay 5 mins before the item you want ends, wait until it gets to under a minute and outbid hueva was ontop:P no chance to re-bid then.. lol

im gonna leave it till about xmas... and buy one with they money from that... i'd expected it to be going at bout £80 on ebay if u bid on one ending at an EARLY morning time and no reserve etc etc:p
RE: Can you help me? by SikStyles on 09-03-2005 at 08:48 PM

ask your parents and say ur gonna pay em back

do chores for money

RE: RE: Can you help me? by Vazza on 09-03-2005 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A

do what i do... goto ebay 5 mins before the item you want ends, wait until it gets to under a minute and outbid hueva was ontop:P no chance to re-bid then.. lol

Not all the time. I did that once and still managed to lose out on an item. Anyways, I agree with selling old stuff. I'm having to do that at the moment to supplement the money that I get from my job at the weekends ( £60 a week at the moment). I mean I'm selling on eBay, and at the moment when I do money brought in minus money spent, I have a profit, so quite happy. But its not just old stuff.I've got fly and if I see something I think will sell, I buy it. Buy it low and most times sell it high :)

For example, if you have any old games, take them into the likes of GAME or gamestation, who'll trade them in for store credit or money (at least I know GAME will give you money[as long as you have two forms of ID and are of a certain age] or store credit). Be aware though that some games won't get as much as you expect.

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
ask your parents and say ur gonna pay em back

Do you realise how many times parents have heard that one and it never ever happens (a)

Anyways, all the best getting the PSP (I'm saving for 1)paying my loan off and 2) a PS3 )

RE: Can you help me? by mwe99 on 09-03-2005 at 09:04 PM

They retail in the UK about £170, so just save up or look in places like The Loot and stuff cos i dont know any retailer whose gonna sell for like £60/70 under the RRP

RE: Can you help me? by M73A on 09-03-2005 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
They retail in the UK about £170, so just save up or look in places like The Loot and stuff cos i dont know any retailer whose gonna sell for like £60/70 under the RRP

america is £50 cheaper than englands prices.. it was on the news... lol
RE: Can you help me? by spokes on 09-03-2005 at 09:12 PM

quote:
quote:

until you add shipping or duties

RE: Can you help me? by dotNorma on 09-03-2005 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spokes
quote:
quote:

until you add shipping or duties

And then you have to add them to England too and it evens out :refuck:
RE: Can you help me? by qgroessl on 09-03-2005 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Norma Jean
And then you have to add them to England too and it evens out 

Not really because I'd think England would have import taxes also ;).... Plus it would cost alot more for somebody to ship it over the ocean than somebody to ship it across a country. :refuck:... So it doesn't really even out ;)
RE: Can you help me? by spokes on 09-03-2005 at 09:20 PM

no, i america add duties if its leaving their country, but i know as soon as it gets to england they put on tax, and what ever, and then UPS bring it to your door, your just about to close it until they ask you for duties, and your like 'OMGWTFBBG!!!111'

i bought some clothes from america, saved myself £40, until they added duties, and i only saved about £20 in the end

anyway, my advice is, get a paper-round or something, just say your 13, thas what i did when i was your age

RE: Can you help me? by Vazza on 09-03-2005 at 09:21 PM

yeah but import taxes are calculated by weight not from where they come(or it is both?) I can't remember, never had a problem with import duties

RE: Can you help me? by Nathan on 09-04-2005 at 08:38 AM

I'm nearly 13. 22 days till my birthday can't wait

RE: Can you help me? by Rik on 09-05-2005 at 01:58 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-SONY-PSP-Standard...rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RE: Can you help me? by Rubber Stamp on 09-05-2005 at 02:04 PM

u r just £9.99 less, surely u can manage that much if u have managed to get £110

* Rubber Stamp tried out find out where is the £ button on his stupid keyboard.

* Rubber Stamp gives up and copies the £ symbol from earlier posts.

RE: Can you help me? by saralk on 09-05-2005 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
yeah but import taxes are calculated by weight not from where they come(or it is both?) I can't remember, never had a problem with import duties

Import Taxes are based on what the actual product is, however, they don't check every thing that comes in.

One of the customs offices is near where i live.