Shoutbox

'Block-checker' Gone Crazy - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy (/showthread.php?tid=49970)

'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by ray18 on 09-04-2005 at 12:24 AM

Sorry if this has already been posted by i've been forced to talk to some poeple on my contact list through email because those who have that stupid block checker thing infecting their comp  it just keps sending every 2 secs and is impossible to talk to them at most they get a letter or two in before it comes up again. and all three of them say it only does that when they talk to me?? and i was wondering if the problem was on my end??

[Heres a pic] [Image: wtf4gs.jpg]

--RaY--

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by Pipish on 09-04-2005 at 12:50 AM

ive noticed that too except on my contact list they just say it when the convo first opens its such BS no block checkers work and the downloads coutner it at 600,000 or somthing its ridculous

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by ray18 on 09-04-2005 at 12:58 AM

Yeah but notice that their idle and it says their typing?? and it never stops and its really annoying.

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by L. Coyote on 09-04-2005 at 12:58 AM

Please read this thread.

There is a virus posing as a block-checker. That thread speaks about it.

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by ray18 on 09-04-2005 at 01:00 AM

I know about the virus but normaly as Pipish said it only appears once at the start of the convo but in my case it never stops and i can't have a conversation.

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by L. Coyote on 09-04-2005 at 01:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ray18
I know about the virus but normaly as Pipish said it only appears once at the start of the convo but in my case it never stops and i can't have a conversation.
Well, if you don't have it then you can either block your contacts or tell them to clean their computer. :P

Either there is a newer version or it's corrupted...
RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by Dane on 09-04-2005 at 01:05 AM

Please send them This Link.  The marketers of Block-Checker claim that they removed the advertising component in the latest version and provide the above instructions for removing it.

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by ray18 on 09-04-2005 at 01:14 AM

Thanks for the link i'll send it to them next time they come online I hope it works.

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by CookieRevised on 09-04-2005 at 04:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Please send them This Link.  The marketers of Block-Checker claim that they removed the advertising component in the latest version and provide the above instructions for removing it.
Those instructions were already on the site when this malware was created. It is nothing new at all. But above all, they seriously lack content.

Please read and follow these instructions instead:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=49...d=517501#pid517501
RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by ray18 on 09-04-2005 at 07:22 AM

I've followed those instructions but still nothing! i cant have a normal conversation with anyone any other ideas?

P.S: is it doing this or has it done this to anybody else?? [another crazy pic below]

[Image: anotherone7gb.jpg]

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by joao267 on 09-05-2005 at 02:21 AM

I tried the block checker and it don't work very well. After that spyware doctor find spyware files with the name Bock-Checker.
Really truth.

(Sorry about any english error)

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by CookieRevised on 09-05-2005 at 04:53 AM

ray18, as explained before, the cause is that your contacts have been infected with this block checker. They should follow the instructions to remove it. Until then, all you can do is block those contacts.

--------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by expert
i already read about that on mess.be that makes scense though they did think good....the only way i could think of a block checker to work would be if there were a member of web2messenger or somthing like a bot.
This isn't about how block checkers work, should work, may work. Please do not spam with useless and/or off topic posts.

--------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by joao267
I tried the block checker and it don't work very well. After that spyware doctor find spyware files with the name Bock-Checker.
It has been stated several times that:
1) Block checkers do not work (no matter what block checker you use)
2) This particular block checker is a kind of virus and should never be "tried out". Remove it ASAP by following the proper instructions.
RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by ray18 on 09-05-2005 at 07:38 AM

Well i've just called them up and told them to press ctrl+alt+del and end Block-Checker.exe and it works (but they have to do it every time they start the pc up) i'll stick with this until they can get unlazy enough to actually follow all those instructions because they are VERY lazy so yeah..thanks for all the help.

--RaY--

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by Fergy on 09-05-2005 at 09:53 AM

that doesnt do anything, the malware's csrss.exe file will just re-open it

send your contacts this file to make it a bit easier

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by segosa on 09-05-2005 at 10:25 AM

Attaching an html file to a post is stupid because in non-IE browsers it'll show it as plain text.

I uploaded the file: http://m00.cx/blockcheck.html

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by fishdog on 01-10-2006 at 07:06 PM

hello people
i have this block checker virus thing on my computer and i don't really know how to get it off.  i've read what you chaps have to say about it but dude i aint got a clue what you're on about.  so can someone perhaps let me know what to do in err...'baby language'?

best wishes

fishdog

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by Chris4 on 01-10-2006 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fishdog
hello people
i have this block checker virus thing on my computer and i don't really know how to get it off.  i've read what you chaps have to say about it but dude i aint got a clue what you're on about.  so can someone perhaps let me know what to do in err...'baby language'?

best wishes

fishdog
If you don't understand it, you don't have much chance.

It's not that hard to understand... :S
RE: RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by CookieRevised on 01-11-2006 at 06:55 AM

quote:
hello people

best wishes

fishdog

detailed instructions can be found here:
CookieRevised's reply to Block-Checker

If you don't understand them, let someone perform these instructions who knows what he/she is doing.
RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by fishdog on 01-17-2006 at 04:17 PM

yeah i've got 'process explorer' what and how do i 'kill'?? :S:S

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by absorbation on 01-17-2006 at 04:24 PM

quote:

ctrl +alt + delete and go to processers. Then select the file name that you need to "kill" and click end process :)
RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by Chris4 on 01-17-2006 at 04:29 PM

quote:
You can kill it by right clicking and selecting 'kill process':

[Image: procexp4gy.png]

Make sure you kill the correct "csrss.exe" using CookieRevised's instructions

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:
ctrl +alt + delete and go to processers. Then select the file name that you need to "kill" and click end process :)
He's talking about Process Explorer not Task Manager:P

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by fishdog on 01-18-2006 at 11:02 PM

not sure what stuff to kill...:'(

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by Sunshine on 01-18-2006 at 11:53 PM

quote:
not sure what stuff to kill...

Make sure you got the USER NAME column shown in Process Explorer (in the menu: view > select columns...make sure you check the one before User Name). Then check that column for entries with your own name in it (windows accountname) and find and kill csrss.exe with that path. Then kill block_checker.exe too and proceed to the following step in Cookies Instructions (link posted in Chris4's post above).
RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by Lou on 01-18-2006 at 11:55 PM

May it shows to you more often because they close the convo everytime they write a message? This could be the cause

RE: 'Block-checker' Gone Crazy by fishdog on 01-19-2006 at 04:43 PM

i removed the blocked checker as soon as it was downloaded on my computer...does this make a difference as to how i remove the virus?

i'm having problems killing the csrss.exe...not really sure what it is :$ i killed the whole thing and my system rebooted itself

HELP HELP HELP PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!