Shoutbox

Personal Status after internet disconnected - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Personal Status after internet disconnected (/showthread.php?tid=50040)

Personal Status after internet disconnected by PatrickKL on 09-05-2005 at 12:07 PM

Hello,
first,sorry for my bad english, but I'm from Germany,and i think there's no msg plus board in german ;) I try to speak good english...
now my problem... I use wireless lan, and often the internet disconnects for a short time. And after that, Messenger re-connects to the network, but the personal status disappeared. Now my question: is there a solution that the personal status is still there even if messenger was disconnected for a short time? ...because it's not nice that  the status isn't always  there when i come back :( ...

I hope you understand my problem, even if my english is veeeery bad :D ...

i hope you can help me, perhaps there's a plug-in or something like that...

thanks!!!

patrick

RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by Anubis on 09-05-2005 at 12:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PatrickKL
I use wireless lan, and often the internet disconnects for a short time. And after that, Messenger re-connects to the network, but the personal status disappeared.
I think this is the problem that needs addressing, over the other one. The most common cause of this is that the channel your router uses needs changing. Go into your router settings and alter the channel that is listed.
RE: RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by PatrickKL on 09-05-2005 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
I use wireless lan, and often the internet disconnects for a short time. And after that, Messenger re-connects to the network, but the personal status disappeared.
I think this is the problem that needs addressing, over the other one. The most common cause of this is that the channel your router uses needs changing. Go into your router settings and alter the channel that is listed.

there's no other solution you think? ... because the router and these things are made by a company, and I don't know what to do in the settings, and I think I will destroy everything :D
RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by RaceProUK on 09-05-2005 at 02:18 PM

Who makes the router?

Anyway, if you're diconnected for less than a minute, Plus! should restore the Personalised Status.

RE: RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by PatrickKL on 09-05-2005 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Who makes the router?

Anyway, if you're diconnected for less than a minute, Plus! should restore the Personalised Status.

yes, but sometimes it's longer... can i change the time the personalised status is restored? :$ ....
RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by RaceProUK on 09-05-2005 at 02:37 PM

Not AFAIK. However, you may want to check the page on Registry tweaks (or get Plus!Tweak).

RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by PatrickKL on 09-05-2005 at 02:53 PM

"You can use this setting to make Messenger automatically sign-in after the specified delay (expressed in seconds). Set the value to 0 to disable the feature. To use this feature, you must disable the auto-signin option of Messenger."

do you think this woul'd help me?

RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by qgroessl on 09-05-2005 at 02:59 PM

quote:

If your internet re-connects fast enough it should.... If you put that number to something relatively low and MSN will reconnect fast enough.
RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by PatrickKL on 09-05-2005 at 03:04 PM

but do you think the personal status is restored with this feature?

RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by Anubis on 09-05-2005 at 03:05 PM

quote:

there's no other solution you think? ... because the router and these things are made by a company, and I don't know what to do in the settings, and I think I will destroy everything
Even though they are set up by a company it is supposed to be set up by yourself. As long as you look for a setting that changes the routers channel (and nothing else), it will be fine.
RE: RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by PatrickKL on 09-05-2005 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:

there's no other solution you think? ... because the router and these things are made by a company, and I don't know what to do in the settings, and I think I will destroy everything
Even though they are set up by a company it is supposed to be set up by yourself. As long as you look for a setting that changes the routers channel (and nothing else), it will be fine.

mhhhh, i think i don't know how to do that...:(
RE: Personal Status after internet disconnected by RaceProUK on 09-05-2005 at 03:29 PM

quote:
"You can use this setting to make Messenger automatically sign-in after the specified delay (expressed in seconds). Set the value to 0 to disable the feature. To use this feature, you must disable the auto-signin option of Messenger."

Not really. When the connection is lost, Messenger retries anyway.