Shoutbox

Plugin commands don't work after... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plugin commands don't work after... (/showthread.php?tid=50071)

Plugin commands don't work after... by RichGuk on 09-05-2005 at 09:12 PM

Ok I'm not to sure if this has been posted before (lazy, yes I know, and sorry) and if it effects all plugins.

So the problem. I was writing a plugin and quicking filling in all the functions that Plus! knows. Anyhow once I loaded my plugin I found that "/xreload" (The plugin reloader, er plugin) didn't want to work anymore. After looking though my code I found that if I returned "TRUE" for ParseCommand, or ParseTag without anything else in the function i.e. not setting any tags,  it stopped other plugins (Only tried /xreload and that /xleet plugin) from working.

Anyhow, just thought I'd let you know. Might just me being strange, tired at the moment you see :).

Info:
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0299
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.54.0132

Many Thanks,
Rich

RE: Plugin commands don't work after... by matty on 09-05-2005 at 10:04 PM

Its a partial bug with the Plugin Interface, BUT its also your own screw up. When you put ParseCommand = True it means that your plugin uses the command for a function. If your Plugin doesn't use the command you MUST set the function to equal to FALSE.

RE: Plugin commands don't work after... by RichGuk on 09-05-2005 at 10:24 PM

Yeah, I know that. As I said I was quicking entering the functions plus needed, and wasn't really thinking, was easier fixed.. I just found that bug in the process, so thought I'd mention.

RE: Plugin commands don't work after... by matty on 09-05-2005 at 10:55 PM

Its not a bug in the Plugin Interface its your own fault to be honest. Patchou isn't responsible for Plugins its just there. So if one breaks the other well then its the fault of the programmer not Patchou.