Shoutbox

Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others (/showthread.php?tid=50073)

Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Tasha on 09-05-2005 at 09:39 PM

I'm reposting this here, as for one reason, it is a serious subject, and my other thread about it got deleted because of arguements, and also, I want people to reply with actual thought tbh, and would like to know how others who have been through similar situations, feel, and we can share experiences, and act like a community. If you have other family situations, how do you handle them? What is your advice for others? This thread is not for petty arguements.

Here's my story, anyway:

quote:
Originally posted by me On Friday 2nd August
Well, we had to go to court today (2nd of august). At the end of may, my Dad hit my Mum with a hard backed book, which is obviously, assualt. So, she had him arrested. And he hasn't been back since. Anyway, we got an injunction on him, etc.

Anyway, we've had a lot of trouble for months with him, since he got assualted himself 5 years ago, caused damage to the frontal temperal lobe, (something like that). And when he came off the medication after a few years, he started going paranoid really. Thought everyone was out to get him, and that he was perfect. Me, Mum and my brother couldn't laugh without getting told off. So after about 18 months of living under horrid conditions, this happened, and now he's gone. We have had to leave the house one time, another time he had to leave for a night then came back the next morning with his parents, screaming abuse at us, etc. He refused to believe anything was wrong with him, and that it was us who had the problem. He even found it funny when my Mum went into hospital in March, and almost died on the way there. She's had diabetes since and should be having an operation soon-ish.

The night he got arrested, he locked my brother outta the house, me and my Mum were locked in, I was upstairs, kinda crying, then my Mum was walking through the hall, and he came up behind her and hit her on the back with a hard book. She then came up and told me to call the police. When the police came, they had a chat, it was hard to persuade my Dad to open the door, but he did. When the policewoman was reading him his rights, he started shouting at her, and then he tried to push the three of them (two policemen, one policewoman), out of the house, and then they had to get him down on the floor and he struggled a lot, but they managed to get him away. Other little things happened, but I won't write them.

So my Mum gave evidence at my Dad's assualt trial today. She was really nervous, but things seemed to go okay. I didn't actually go into the court room with her, but apparently my Dad's defense lawyer was a dick... My brother had to give evidence suddenly as well, but that's alright.
We have to wait until Monday to hear the outcome, but i'm sure it will be okay.
Oh yeah, forgot to add that Mum's been getting a divorce set up and everything, so that should go through soon.
I dislike my father... He always drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney... My Mum gave up smoking, but my Dad never did. He was almost always on the verge of drunk. He once called me a little whore... Odd, seeming as I have a boyfriend, rarely go out, and don't wear mini skirts and loads of make-up and revealing tops, and then he says on the divorce petition that he wants to see me... Well no way...

Sorry for the life story thing, but anyway...

News from today:

My dad was found "not guilty" due to "lack of evidence". Apparently the bruise and lump on my mums back wasn't important. Anyways, my mum is gonna get an injunction served on him to keep him away from us. This has made me, mum and my brother all feel angry, and vindictive. I definetely will not be seeing my father ever again. I can't believe that justice is so crap. T_T

Share your experiences and problems with family life, or just show support. Please do NOT argue.

Admins/mods, if you wanna move this, or split any part of it, feel free too, I just thought it would be a nice thread to have. :happy:

RE: Family Life - Share you experiences, or offer support to others by FrozenDaggers on 09-05-2005 at 09:57 PM

Tasha, I know you've been through alot lately, you don't know me... but I understand what you've been through as I've had family problems and so have close friends of mine. Just to know my support and such is there :)

My friends dad often beats her up, and now her mum's got cancer and yeah, only couple of months left for her mum. I'm worried about her being at home with her dad. He gives her so much hasle and she just doesn't need it. :\

---

Edit // My friends mum died recently, but she's okay, and her family are closer than ever, which is good.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by blackjack on 09-05-2005 at 10:10 PM

I dont know what are they thinking.. When parents do that.. is obviously bad for their kids.. Alcohol and that damn things are bad..  coz.. if u drink too much then you cant think about ur actions and that stuff..

Some family friends.. had some situation related to alcohol.. and they  need to leave the house.. and now they live near me again..

They told him to get a job, but he didnt.. he's in a house without a kitchen, without a bed.. food and that stuff.. His family hates him now.. they dont want to see him again.. brings problems.. He is not working.. all the money was from my friends mom

But he needs money again :undecided: and starts going to their house coz he needs to eat.. and he said that he was looking for a job.. but that was a damn lie.. He is desperate.. but he made wrong things and hurt his family.. all that because of alcohol

The other day (That guy) came to my house.. his daughter was here.. and wanted to see her.. i was outside.. with somefriends.. and i told him i couldnt open the door.. coz i didnt have the keys (I lied, i always have the keys with me) But i didnt want to bring her problems and refuse to open the door..

he was drunk.. but then my mom came home.. And my little sister (Ignores the problem and that stuff) opened the damn door.. i dont know what happened that day.. i hope nothing bad.. =/ i went to a party that day..

Well i told this story.. coz that affects me too they are my friends.. and their father is acting strange.. always drunk and probably consumming drugs

Yeah i know.. long post

And stop Posting offtopic.. this is gcc remember :dodgy:

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Tasha on 09-05-2005 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers

My friends dad often beats her up, and now her mum's got cancer and yeah, only couple of months left for her mum. I'm worried about her being at home with her dad. He gives her so much hasle and she just doesn't need it. :\

wow, thats just, horrible. Is there anyway she can get out of there, or get help? Becuase he will probably get worse after... Well, you know. :-/

quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk
I dont know what are they thinking.. When parents do that.. is obviously bad for their kids.. Alcohol and that damn things are bad..  coz.. if u drink too much then you cant think about ur actions and that stuff..

Some family friends.. had some situation related to alcohol.. and they  need to leave the house.. and now they live near me again..

They told him to get a job, but he didnt.. he's in a house without a kitchen, without a bed.. food and that stuff.. His family hates him now.. they dont want to see him again.. brings problems.. He is not working.. all the money was from my friends mom

But he needs money again :undecided: and starts going to their house coz he needs to eat.. and he said that he was looking for a job.. but that was a damn lie.. He is desperate.. but he made wrong things and hurt his family.. all that because of alcohol

The other day (That guy) came to my house.. his daughter was here.. and wanted to see her.. i was outside.. with somefriends.. and i told him i couldnt open the door.. coz i didnt have the keys (I lied, i always have the keys with me) But i didnt want to bring her problems and refuse to open the door..

he was drunk.. but then my mom came home.. And my little sister (Ignores the problem and that stuff) opened the damn door.. i dont know what happened that day.. i hope nothing bad.. =/ i went to a party that day..

Well i told this story.. coz that affects me too they are my friends.. and their father is acting strange.. always drunk and probably consumming drugs

Yeah i know.. long post

And stop Posting offtopic.. this is gcc remember :dodgy:

I hate people that have issues because they start drinking a lot. It really annoys me that they can't control themselves. Hope things get better for your friend. (y) And it was good you lied to protect her, I think we all need to lie for a good reason at some point. :happy:

And yeah.. This is GCC, and this topic has a reason, a good one, imho, so please don't spam it...
RE: RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by FrozenDaggers on 09-05-2005 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers

wow, thats just, horrible. Is there anyway she can get out of there, or get help? Becuase he will probably get worse after... Well, you know. :-/

She sometimes stays with her best mate if she can if things get too bad, but she's been with her bf a while now, so if things get bad she'll prolly go to him. I just hope things are ok. She's my hunni :(
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by dylan! on 09-05-2005 at 10:37 PM

my family sucks...my mom did drugs(cocaine,crack needles) and wouldnt come home for weeks at a time...while my mom was gone or at work my dad would try n beat me and we would always fight...and i got kicked out on christmas last year for a month...and this year on my birthday (jan 13) they called the cops on me because i idnt want to go shopping and now whenever i need or want something like if a want a couple dollars for a slurpee i have to pay them back

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by multimillion2k on 09-05-2005 at 10:56 PM

I guess you could say I grew up living a sheltered life. I was fortunate to be brought up in a household where abuse was an unknown word and home meant "safe". And in some ways I know that I will never have to worry about this sort of thing, even though my neighbourhood is full of bad things - sometimes my neighbours create their own version of "once were warriors".

It's hard to watch people going through this, especially standing on the outside. In some ways you wish you could show everyone that life doesn't have to be so full of crap, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Sometimes no matter how much you try or how much you want to help someone else, nothing seems to work. All you can do is pray and hope for a miracle.

In some ways it's amazing to hear stories like these, I find it hard to comprehend that people can survive this way. I'll never truly understand or experience situtations like this, but that's something I'm extremely grateful for.

This thread is GCC - Please keep it clean =)

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by YottabyteWizard on 09-05-2005 at 11:06 PM

I've been helping a lot of friends (and i love to) that also are having problems with family (including my girlfriend). It's really amazing and sometimes hard help them to go though this. My family also has some troubles sometimes, depression also is one of the common sources of home trouble but also not the worst.

Whoever needs help you can count with me too :)

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Pyroteq on 09-06-2005 at 06:27 AM

I have many problems and experiences, More than you can think of or would realise and im not exaggerating. Thier very personal and i wont post them here, however if you feel you need advice and help feel free to contact me.

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Pinchichuv on 09-06-2005 at 06:51 AM

my family has problems my dad  owned a clothing store and we have to close it up, so he rents the buiding and we had other building to rent to, and since the clothing store close he was weird, he started drinking a lot, on partys he gets drunk and say shit, so one time my mom got a surgery, and the day my mom got release of the hospitol we threw a party on my house and my dad good very bad and punch my infront off all my family the were very scared so the talk to him and try to calm him down, and then he went to sleep cause he was drunk and the next day he didnt remember nothing. And another timme, just before my big brothers college graduation, he got drunk again on my house, with smoe uncles and he was talking shit about my and my big brother so my brother got very mad and confront my dad, and my dad start saying he was ashame of us cause we didnt study what he and my grandpa wanted to us to study and shit like that and my  brotther went and told him to calm down, my dad try to hit him and a grab his arm (dad's) and i told him to chill, he started saying bullshit of my and then he went to his room and fall sleep and the next day he didnt rememmber nothing. so cause off all these my mom got very depresse and shit, and my dad has diabetes and he dont take care of himself that another thing that made my mom depresse. at that time i was going to a ward time, cause my ex just broke up with my, u was kick out from the university of nogales(i wasnt gonna stay there i was going there till december then come to mexicali), and i had a lot of problems with friend and stuff like that, and i started drinkin alot i use  to have drinking problems, and i wanted to go back to Nogales, just for my little brother cause i dont want that he live all the thing i had to live at his age, i preffer much better that if my dad gets drunk that he hits my insted of my little brother but my grandma told my to go to mexicali an dshe will take care of my brother and mom and my dad. so all these past vacations i continuated with my drinking problems, almost every day i use to get drunk (in vacations), and just about one week before returning to mexicali i was with some friends at my house drinkin and my little brother went to the back yard with us and told my that he loves me a lot and he didnt want to see me drunk anymore that it isnt worth it, so since then i stop drinking, know i have about 1 month sober and to be honest its very hard but i know i got my brothers and mother helping me

and after the break on Behind the music, sorry i have to post a bad joke after all these

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Tasha on 09-06-2005 at 03:30 PM

wow, sorry to hear about that jchichuv. :sad: Alcohol never solves anything though. It can make you feel good, but it never totally gets rid of any problems, and can infact, make things far worse than they were. Glad things are getting better and that you're solving these problems though. I expect it would be hard, but just keep at it, you'll find it does you a lot more good to be sober than to drink. (y) All the best to you, x.

quote:
Originally posted by dylan!
my family sucks...my mom did drugs(cocaine,crack needles) and wouldnt come home for weeks at a time...while my mom was gone or at work my dad would try n beat me and we would always fight...and i got kicked out on christmas last year for a month...and this year on my birthday (jan 13) they called the cops on me because i idnt want to go shopping and now whenever i need or want something like if a want a couple dollars for a slurpee i have to pay them back

wow, thats bad. Sorry to hear about that. :sad:

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
In some ways it's amazing to hear stories like these, I find it hard to comprehend that people can survive this way. I'll never truly understand or experience situtations like this, but that's something I'm extremely grateful for.

I personally, and I expect others do, feel we have to carry on, and live through these things to firstly, prove to whoever has ruined your life, or done anything, that we will survive, and to show others in the same situation that it is possible to survive. :happy:

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
I have many problems and experiences, More than you can think of or would realise and im not exaggerating. Thier very personal and i wont post them here, however if you feel you need advice and help feel free to contact me.

It's alright that you don't wanna post them. :happy: If you ever need a chat, then i'm on MSN almost every day, and even though I may not be able to help physically, I can listen. :happy: Same goes for anyone, i'm willing to listen, and it is nice to get things out of your system sometimes. :happy:
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by LittleK on 09-07-2005 at 08:53 PM

I think no matter the problem, big or small, we all expericance pain at one time or another in our lives...alot of things have happened to me from an early age, i wont go into them all obviously, but bad things happen to those you love aswell as yourself.. and its hard to cope. Best thing is to hold your head up high and say "at least ive made it this far"

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 01-30-2006 at 02:34 AM

ok, here goes - this is for dam-o, and i spose, as im actually writing this its for myself too.
{apolagies for any spelling errors if made i cant see cos my eyes are almost shut!}
the reply being so late was also as cause of dam-o and he sent me this link.
well here goes
* DJKAL gulps :'(
{i ama ctually scared about typing this:|}

october **th 2003: i found out that my nan had cancer and so split my self away from family as i couldnt show emotion and was scared and ditn know what to do,
september 14th 2004: dad's dad {Vic} died {aged 72}
september 27th 2004: Vic's funeral
september 28th 2004: my sister's {tiffany} birthday {10 years of age}
september 29th 2004: my nan dies of cancer having suffered for a year
- - - funeral early october - - - 
september 28th 2005: tiffany's birthday {11 years old}
september 28th 2005: my other grandad dies
- - - funeral early october - day after my nan's the year before - - -

as of the very stat wheni found out my nan had cancer iwas mentally alone - my own fault.
after all of the s**t i had been through i was left {currently have} depression and am having an extremly hard time over the last few weeks,
i have tried almost all kinds of suicide - slit wrists, hanging myself, suffocating myself, drowning etc etc etc
BUT!!!! each time i started to kill myself i realised that i didnt atcually WANT to, but the other day i was lyingin bed with a knife in my hand just messing around {nothing strange} but my sepression was affectoing me badly again, i could feel a line across my left wrist where it felt it should be cut and my right hand felt as if it should be cutting my wrists, but i didnt want to
but it made me realise how easy it ould be for me to kill myself if i ACTUALLY WANTed to!

i am having many troubles sleeping again and i can not think straight ATALL and am having to walk out of many lessons at school as a result because i physically cant sit there

but i cant go to talk to people either, i have beeen told my teachers and friends alike i should go see a phsycatrist but i wont - i dont know why i just wont let myself!so it means i am having extreme troubles now and there's nothing i can do.
only, all of my life  have given up on everyone and everything. so a few hous ago i gave up on myself, i decided i wont try to pull out of my depression as it doesnt seem possible! so im just going to live in depression and in fear of losing the 2 people i have left in my life .... 3 girls i love which i have never met and will need to lose 1 soon.
well, i think thats the basis of my life story and this is not a plea for sympothay atall - i hate sympothy - just dam-o "forced" me to wrtie this so i am, for myself aswell.

im also sorry to Tasha for the trauma she has been through with her family at such an age and i hope that you are ok, thats to everyone also and not just Tasha.

and one more thing - to those people who were argueing in the other thread {though i didnt see it!} thats just wrong :@ a thread designed to be caring and here for the community and it was turned into an arguemnt, thats wrong!

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by ShawnZ on 01-30-2006 at 02:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
i could feel a line across my left wrist where it felt it should be cut

Its down the highway, not across the road.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 01-30-2006 at 02:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Its down the highway, not across the road
it wouldnt have matered, i would slice it as much as i could anyway! just to make sure i would get it right.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by ShawnZ on 01-30-2006 at 03:01 AM

quote:
quote:
it wouldnt have matered, i would slice it as much as i could anyway! just to make sure i would get it right.

well i figure you'd want the way that hurts less than the way that doesn't work. and, it looks dumb when you try to kill yourself wrong. (not saying that you _should_)
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Omar on 01-30-2006 at 03:05 AM

I will sound like an insensitive pig, but anyway... you guys need to get professional help...

Posting about problems like that in a public forum is not healthy... :^)

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by [MR] on 01-30-2006 at 03:05 AM

djkal, do u believe in any God? if so try praying to that God for comfort and help.

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by ShawnZ on 01-30-2006 at 03:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR]
djkal, do u believe in any God? if so try praying to that God for comfort and help.

and wtf is god going to do?! give him candy?? that is, if god even existed
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by qgroessl on 01-30-2006 at 03:08 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

well i figure you'd want the way that hurts less than the way that doesn't work. and, it looks dumb when you try to kill yourself wrong. (not saying that you _should_)

And it's not always a good thing to tell a suicidal person the proper way.... But that's all I really got to say... Besides that I think you should get profressional help also... But there's nothing I can really do about that either.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by ShawnZ on 01-30-2006 at 03:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
And it's not always a good thing to tell a suicidal person the proper way

well, you've probably realized i'm an insensitive bastard.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by [MR] on 01-30-2006 at 03:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
Please do NOT argue.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by [MR]

and wtf is god going to do?! give him candy?? that is, if god even existed
ok well that is your belief and maybe not his.  that is why i was asking him if he did.  and im not going to argue about this b/c tasha wanted not arguing in here. just dont critisize it.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Mak on 01-30-2006 at 03:11 AM

Why talk about all these things, if your depressed, go get some professional help - just like Omar said.

DJKL: You say your depressed and you cant sleep..why are you on the computer posting about your problems? You dont even let your family know about your issues.

And anyway, why is there a thread posting about people lives..its strange because I dont really care... i have my own life to take care of.. - sorry to sound really mean.

RE: RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Discrate on 01-30-2006 at 03:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mak
Why talk about all these things, if your depressed, go get some professional help - just like Omar said.

DJKL: You say your depressed and you cant sleep..why are you on the computer posting about your problems? You dont even let your family know about your issues.

And anyway, why is there a thread posting about people lives..its strange because I dont really care... i have my own life to take care of.. - sorry to sound really mean.

i agree why are you on your computer posting about this go tell your parents. Also you say your cant sleep go tell your parents instead of telling us. We cant do anything we can only give you advice.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by mwe99 on 01-30-2006 at 03:59 AM

To be honest I disagree with the whole 'dont post' method...

Most of the problems can be helped by talking to people with common problems or issues thats why there's such things as Support Groups; not that the forum is one but still.

Many people finding talking to people around their age more helpful than talking to someone of a more older age.

I've had my fair share of problems with domestic situations etc

However don't restrict yourselves to constant talking about the issue and bring it back to yourself - get out and do some excersise, get a hobby or a part time job to keep yourself busy.

If you seriously need to talk to someone who is 'out of the box'. I suggest a charity organisation such as ChildLine (UK for definite).

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by J.J on 01-30-2006 at 04:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
i agree why are you on your computer posting about this go tell your parents. Also you say your cant sleep go tell your parents instead of telling us.

Errr :undecided:, some people dont have the luxury of being able to talk to their parents openly about these things.

quote:
We cant do anything we can only give you advice.

Did you ever considder maybe thats what he needs? maybe he sees this place as somewhere where he can look for a helping hand.

If people don't like the thread, nobody is forcing you to read it. This thread is for those who are seeking help and comfort from people here, who they might not be able to find at home.

RE: RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Discrate on 01-30-2006 at 04:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
quote:
i agree why are you on your computer posting about this go tell your parents. Also you say your cant sleep go tell your parents instead of telling us.

Errr :undecided:, some people dont have the luxury of being able to talk to their parents openly about these things.

quote:
We cant do anything we can only give you advice.

Did you ever considder maybe thats what he needs? maybe he sees this place as somewhere where he can look for a helping hand.

If people don't like the thread, nobody is forcing you to read it. This thread is for those who are seeking help and comfort from people here, who they might not be able to find at home.

yer thats what i mean we can only give him advice which we are doing. But also i am saying we cant do anything for him but give advice. If he needs profesional help he should speak to his parents/parent/relation
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by dennis on 01-30-2006 at 04:37 AM

you guys are lucky...... i grew up in a neighborhood and family that liked dungeons and dragons

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by kittymew on 01-30-2006 at 05:03 AM

I agree with some people posting,you shouldnt look in a public forum for help,especially here,100's of people access these boards every day,anyone can read your posts
one of the main problems is :
Pedophiles,cyberstalkers, look for loners. Many parents buy their children a computer because they don't have many real life friends. These kids are easier prey, since it's less likely they'll talk about the overtures to their friends, and they are more susceptible to someone trying to befriend them. They're lonely, and the pedophile poses as a much-needed friend.

Pedophiles look for kids who are having problems at home. They too are easier prey, since they are looking for a sympathetic ear. The pedophile tries to win the child over by further separating the child from their family, complaining about "parents" generally.
by letting people know your problems in a public forums..you are an open invitation ..your a walking talking ,victim online looking for help..and
being younger..i know you all think you are untouchable ,smart and streetwise..specially being online you all think its your domain.you think.no one can touch you...but not everyone is computer savy streetwise and smart..so you leading by example..can show others thats its wrong to post such information...but these people..get to know you..and they take months even up to a year ..of talking ,geting to know you more...as soon as you tell them"i have a problem" you have already opened the door..as a "victim of circumstance"
jus like also i hate that photograh thread.".Children should never agree to send or e-mail their photograph to someone they do not know. "The next thing you know is, you see your child's face on someone else's naked body. This can happen,"
http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2003/n02042003_200302044.html

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/common/story_p...%255E33656,00.html

You don't really know anyone here..unless you already know them in "realtime"..school,church,family or friends...but everyone you dont know..is a threat..so dont go posting information about your problems..look to people you trust..friends,teachers...and relatives if possible..school counsellors..kids help lines(most cities have them).BUT NOT HERE....please

ya i will hush now ...I know you are about to go off at me..go ahead..but if i stop one person from doing it ..great..thats enough
http://kidshealth.org/parent/positive/family/net_safety.html
http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2003/n02042003_200302044.html

Kids Help Line Australia
1800 55 1800
(the above number is ,from anywhere in Australia, available 24 Hours toll free)

and worldwide:

http://www.kidshelpline.com.au/template/standard....?s=104&p=2&r=1&b=0

(if you search in the aobve link you can  Find out who else can help in your area by searching for a service.  There are over 7,000 different services listed in the Kids Help Line database, searchable by postcode or keyword.  Follow links to specific factual information about various topics or links to other websites relating to issues covered in the infosheets, websites for Help Line's in other countries and many more useful links.)

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by ~INVASION~ on 01-30-2006 at 05:45 AM

yep, i completely agree, its not only dangerous but lets people into your world you may not want. Get real help, nobody here has a PHD (at least not that i know of)

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 01-30-2006 at 08:03 AM

no  i dont beleive in god
and  "TheThirdDimension" you are right, i cant talk to family because we dont get along atall and thats why im always on MSN and searching the forums.

RE: RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Mak on 01-30-2006 at 11:42 AM

quote:
i cant talk to family because we dont get along atall and thats why im always on MSN and searching the forums.

Umm...you cant even talk to your parents about suicidel issues..i mean them reading your story you just posted here would at least grab some attention. I don't think your parents would NOT care if they did know about everything.

What could hurt to just have a chat with them? Even if you dont get a long, after all..they ARE your parents.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by dotNorma on 01-30-2006 at 01:16 PM

Why do people have to turn a thread from sharing and caring about each others problems to a fear for pedophiles thread? :-/

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 01-30-2006 at 03:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mak
Umm...you cant even talk to your parents about suicidel issues..i mean them reading your story you just posted here would at least grab some attention. I don't think your parents would NOT care if they did know about everything.

What could hurt to just have a chat with them? Even if you dont get a long, after all..they ARE your parents.

no i cant. and i wouldnt need to use this story to grab their attention because they have been through most of it too {obviously!} but maybe i dealt with it all wrong by not talking to anyone but i cant change now and im worse off than my family i think.
i cant chat with them, all we do is argue!
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by John Anderton on 01-30-2006 at 05:30 PM

this may sound bad and make me sound like the evil guy but i kinda agree with omar ....
Some of you should just go and talk to someone .... its better than posting here ....

And tasha .... if you dont mind .... one question .... wtf .... bumps on the head arent enough to prove asault :-/ Wtf were the officers responding to the call doing .... :-/
:dodgy: never mind ......

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by _Humphreys on 01-30-2006 at 10:19 PM

In my exprience...never argue with your parents, it gets you no were. Better to just be seen and not heard.

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 01-31-2006 at 07:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Better to just be seen and not heard.

oops! im heard {my music always on}
and not seen {i bought my own PC so it's in my room and im always on it!

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by LittleK on 01-31-2006 at 02:26 PM

My mom and dad used to argue all the time. Used to fight, scream, i remember one christmas morning after a night of rowing, walking into a living room full of broken glass and cutting my feet to ribbons, really upset me.

Another time my dad broke one of my moms ribs and i went to stay with my moms friend for a while, that was a difficult time because i knew what was going on while my mom was in hospital, but everyone was trying to pretend all was fine.

Another time my mom tried to get away but my dad jumped on her bonnet while she was trying to get off the drive, and i just remember screaming at him to stop but he wouldnt.

Another time when they were arguing they both screamed at me to "choose which one i wanted to live with, dad or mom" and i just remember crying and crying because i didnt want to choose. Eventually they got divorced when i was 6, but both my grandads died in the next 2 years so it wasnt a happy childhood for myself, and being bullied up untill i was 14 didnt help either.

My point it life goes on, don't dwell on your past no matter how horrible it may be, just live and learn. And better yourself from watching others mistakes.

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 01-31-2006 at 03:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
My point it life goes on, don't dwell on your past no matter how horrible it may be, just live and learn.
some people can do this, others cant.
my grandpapernts where more important to me than my parents.
i cant move on, that's wy im like i am now, some people can move on - others cant
i cant
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by user27089 on 01-31-2006 at 03:36 PM

Too bad to hear all of that, drink does bad stuff to people, it's a very bad thing, but people can't help themselves.

quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
and after the break on Behind the music, sorry i have to post a bad joke after all these

:lol: That made me laugh.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by haydos on 01-31-2006 at 04:22 PM

quote:
i cant move on, that's wy im like i am now, some people can move on - others cant
i cant
I mean, I'm no professional on this, but you are only 15... these things can take a lot of time. It doesn't mean you wont be able to move on, or at least have less focus on these issues later in your life. To be honest I don't see why there is any point in anybody giving in on anything...:undecided:
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 01-31-2006 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by haydn

To be honest I don't see why there is any point in anybody giving in on anything...:undecided:
because some people, like me, have no-one really in their life. i only have 2 girls i've never met and will propbaly lose one of them soon. but i have no-one really and so i gave in, just like i  have given up on everyone and everything all my life
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Tasha on 01-31-2006 at 04:42 PM

quote:
just like i  have given up on everyone and everything all my life

One thing I have learnt is too never give up... And there is always someone there for you. You may doubt it, but there will be someone who understands...

And yeah... you can get over past experiences, it might take time, but you can. My original post in this thread is old, and yeah, basically I'm healing over that. There is another problem I have atm, but I'm not willing to talk about that... But anyway, point is, you can get over everything if you don't dwell on it for too long.

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by absorbation on 01-31-2006 at 04:47 PM

Well you may of read socialising this way is a good thing. It lets you express your true feeling without and repercustions as a person can we living 1000's of miles away.

All familes have problems. Some are worse than others i do not really have that great amount of them i consider myself luckly *tocuh wood*

A thing that surrounds my family alot is death, alot of people seem to die from this that or another, friends etc due to soe illness or accident or age.

One key moment was something in july last year that shook my family alot.

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by LittleK on 01-31-2006 at 06:36 PM

quote:
i cant move on

Of course you can. I thought when i was 6 that id never move on from my parents divorce, then the same at 8 when my grandads' died, then at 14 when i was bullied, life DOES go on. As much as you think you wont get over it, you will. TRUST me
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by [MR] on 01-31-2006 at 09:57 PM

get a prescription for some depression medicine...then again I dont think it helped my sister that much when she was super depressed when i was little but i dont remember.

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Millenium_edition on 02-01-2006 at 05:42 PM

get something to hit on and hit it as hard as you can. avoid music, family photos, whatever at all costs. smile to people...

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by user27089 on 02-01-2006 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]get a prescription for some depression medicine...then again I dont think it helped my sister that much when she was super depressed when i was little but i dont remember.

That would probably get you addicted to the medication, you'd probably end up having to go to rehab or at least having an OD =P.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 02-01-2006 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
avoid music
:O no can do! music is my LIFE {that and MSN}
quote:
smile at people
but but but .. youd look weird if you walked around smiling here because people just dont do it anymore
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Millenium_edition on 02-01-2006 at 05:55 PM

quote:
no can do! music is my LIFE {that and MSN}
try to avoid music and see what happens :wink:
quote:
but but but .. youd look weird if you walked around smiling here because people just dont do it anymore
it will give you a positive look at life, who cares if you look weird :-/ it'd be more concerning if you are just a normal person in society, with nothing "weird" or "special"
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 02-01-2006 at 06:12 PM

quote:
try to avoid music and see what happens
i'd break down, i cant do ANYTHING with out music!
quote:
"special"
last time i was told i was "special" i dont think they meant it in a good way :lol:
but i am just ordinary :< but with depression and a crap look on life and no hopes of success or happiness
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by LittleK on 02-01-2006 at 06:27 PM

quote:

Be different. Following the crowd leads to depression in the long run by not being yourself IMO.

quote:
last time i was told i was "special" i dont think they meant it in a good way

I was told i was "special" and put in a "special" school after i was bullied for "special" problems, but when i stopped thinking about the bad stuff and focusing on the good stuff and trying better than regular people to get MY life back together and succeding, that really did make me special. WITHOUT the quotes.

Be yourself. Smile at the good things. You're alive arent you? You have a roof over your head don't you? All you need now is to get some stability. Try going to a social club, getting your mind of the worries. Your life isnt over, stop thinking it is! :)

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 02-01-2006 at 06:31 PM

quote:
Be yourself
i am ALWAYS myself, i'd never change or anyone oother than myself
but mentally i have changed and can't change back now.
i do have a roof over my head and food etc but sometimes i wish i just swap all of that just to have my nan and 2 grandads back
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Voldemort on 02-03-2006 at 01:47 AM

i bet youre sleeping now right?

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by MC Inferno on 02-03-2006 at 02:18 AM

quote:
quote:
no can do! music is my LIFE {that and MSN}
try to avoid music and see what happens :wink:

avoid music? can that be done? all i do is listen to my ipod and write songs. I'm a musician, if it wasnt for music and the people atound me, I probably wouldnt have a reason to exsist.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by mwe99 on 02-03-2006 at 02:41 AM

quote:
quote:
Be yourself
i am ALWAYS myself, i'd never change or anyone oother than myself
but mentally i have changed and can't change back now.
i do have a roof over my head and food etc but sometimes i wish i just swap all of that just to have my nan and 2 grandads back

Okay you actually need some counselling over that, and then maybe the counsellor can work on the other issues. Go to your GP and ask him to refer you to one

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by Voldemort on 02-03-2006 at 03:16 AM

life's a cycle. we cant do anything to stop it.
people are born, people die.

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 02-03-2006 at 07:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o

i bet youre sleeping now right?
a tiny bit better, but not well

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by LittleK on 02-03-2006 at 02:17 PM

Anyway this thread was originally about Tasha, and i think you're very brave Tasha, and obviously you can handle situations well if you can pick things up and move forward and have the guts to talk about it. Bravo darling!

DJKAL, i think you need help. And i don't think this forum can offer it you as you seem to disagree with every suggestion we give you. How will you know if you don't try?

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 02-03-2006 at 03:29 PM

quote:
you as you seem to disagree with every suggestion we give you.
because i dont see how they can work, i cant get along with my family, i cant go to see anyone, i cant stop listening to music
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by ShawnZ on 02-03-2006 at 03:36 PM

calm down. my grandpa died too, but there isn't anything
you can do about it, so why even bother worrying. its not like there is
a heaven, or they're watching you or any of that shit. when someone
dies, they're dead, its simple. you can miss them, but its helping no
one.

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by LittleK on 02-03-2006 at 06:24 PM

quote:
i cant go to see anyone

why? no teachers? doctors? councillors?

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 02-03-2006 at 06:26 PM

i dont know why i just cant. when it all started i blocked myself off and kept myself and my thoughts and feeling to myself and i still dont tell people how im really feeling, partly because i dont know myself. it was a big mistake admitadley but i still stick to it and i cant see anyone and have been told to many times but still wont.

RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by LittleK on 02-03-2006 at 06:36 PM

quote:
i dont know why i just cant. when it all started i blocked myself off and kept myself and my thoughts and feeling to myself and i still dont tell people how im really feeling, partly because i dont know myself. it was a big mistake admitadley but i still stick to it and i cant see anyone and have been told to many times but still wont.

No idea then. If you refuse to even TRY and be helped, you're doomed.
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 02-03-2006 at 06:41 PM

quote:
. If you refuse to even TRY and be helped, you're doomed.
then im doomed!
i did try once, i spoke to my cousin, it's the only thing i regret doing - ever
i went into a mental state and i couldnt hear, walk, talk proply etc
i didn't sleep for 4 days constant!
i was walking into cars as they drove towards me because it didnt come to mind that they were there even though i could see them!
so i dont want to try again because i know i will be back like that and it almost killed me then and the way i go now i think it would kill me!
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by ShawnZ on 02-03-2006 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
Thats really sad ....Pities you..:(

that post was about doing the exact opposite...
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by marissa on 02-05-2006 at 03:23 AM

quote:
quote:
avoid music
:O no can do! music is my LIFE {that and MSN}
quote:
smile at people

MSN is your life? why? and you say you can't talk to anyone? maybe that's the reason why... i swear, msn ruins peoples lives. it blocks you off from real people and real relationships with them. yes, the person on the other side of the computer is probably real but they act different and you act different on a computer. everyone does.
    Maybe if you'd really like to get out of the rut you're in then get dressed and get out of the house. Meet People. Dont block yourself off from your family and society. I'm not trying to be mean but it's just a suggestion. Someone has to tell you, even if you dont listen. The thoughts of this will come back to haunt you some day and you might think you wished you tried some of the things people say. Don't give up, and DON'T say you can't. you can...if you try. maybe youre just not trying...

well anyways..i dont really wanna rant about shit from my life cause i've already made my share of those threads where i got GET A BLOG'd. but yeah, drugs, alcohol, crazy ass bitch, divorced, crazy ass bitch again...wash, rinse, repeat basically haha.

(fook yeah 1000 posts. (H) )
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by LittleK on 10-06-2006 at 07:43 AM

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by DJKAL
    i dont know why i just cant. when it all started i blocked myself off and kept myself and my thoughts and feeling to myself and i still dont tell people how im really feeling, partly because i dont know myself. it was a big mistake admitadley but i still stick to it and i cant see anyone and have been told to many times but still wont
Littlek:
No idea then. If you refuse to even TRY and be helped, you're doomed.

You know what? reading through this makes me angry at myself. I now understand completley what DJKAL was trying to say. My nan died two weeks ago (some of you might remember me saying stuff about how ill she was before) and i dont know what im feeling. I am trying to shut every singple person off and i cant seem to greave. Myabe its because its been a long time coming, either way, i cant feel anything. Any suggestions??
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others by DJKAL on 10-06-2006 at 05:25 PM

quote:
You know what? reading through this makes me angry at myself. I now understand completley what DJKAL was trying to say. My nan died two weeks ago (some of you might remember me saying stuff about how ill she was before) and i dont know what im feeling. I am trying to shut every singple person off and i cant seem to greave. Myabe its because its been a long time coming, either way, i cant feel anything. Any suggestions??

it took me up untill about 2 months ago to 'get over it'. 2 years later since my nad and grandad died and 1 year after the other grandad died.
what has helped me has ben the purchase of a motorbike, working on that and being excited to get on the road. along with forcing myself to sleep properly (motorbike + no sleep = not good)
so, all i can try and say to help is that if you have something to enjoy, and takes time - like an enjoyable job or something similar. this will allow you to be too busy thinking about that, i know this seems like hiding your feelings, and no that doesn't help..it can get you REALLY down and even get to dangerous states of mind but it can be something small that will pick your life back up, could even be a friend or someone you know online. that's what it was that kept me going, a girl i'd never met before - and as things stand now..probably never will. but, i think it's safe to say sh saved my life and brought me back to 'normal'. i know this seems to be a lot about me, but i'm jsut trying to explain that life does get better, no matter how long the tunnel is at the minute, there is a light somewhere at the end.

just stay strong and take care of yourself. you do have people around you, some you dont know yet.