Shoutbox

Pc doesn't shutdown - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Pc doesn't shutdown (/showthread.php?tid=50158)

Pc doesn't shutdown by zaher1988 on 09-07-2005 at 08:29 AM

Salut guys :P

a friend is at my place !, and he's telling me , that after formating it, the pc isn't shutting down or restarting anymore.

means when he click shutdown or restart , the says shutting down, and stop on that blue screen saying pc is shutting down.

so what causes this :)

RE: Pc doesn't shutdown by RaceProUK on 09-07-2005 at 09:36 AM

My PC occasionally doesn't fully turn off, and I haven't been able to figure out why. So any info would be helpful.

RE: Pc doesn't shutdown by zaher1988 on 09-07-2005 at 06:53 PM

ok raceprouk hope someone will find it out!

RE: Pc doesn't shutdown by Ezra on 09-07-2005 at 07:20 PM

Mine does that too sometimes or while shutting down it just stops and I can still use Windows...

And most of the time it can't close MSN so I have to do it myself.

RE: Pc doesn't shutdown by Anubis on 09-07-2005 at 07:38 PM

I'm assumeing its a computer running Windows XP here, since its shutdown screen is the most of a blue colour on the shutdown screen (by default, unless modded otherwise).

- Make sure your friend uses the latest service pack and updates for his operating system

- Make sure that all PCI cards in the back of the computer are securely placed correctly, and the same for RAM.

RE: Pc doesn't shutdown by RaceProUK on 09-07-2005 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Mine does that too sometimes or while shutting down it just stops and I can still use Windows...

And most of the time it can't close MSN so I have to do it myself.
That's not quite the same problem. Ours is that the PC won't switch off (mine does most of the time, but not always).
TBH, it doesn't really bother me. It'd just be nice to know it won't happen at all.
RE: Pc doesn't shutdown by zaher1988 on 09-08-2005 at 08:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I'm assumeing its a computer running Windows XP here, since its shutdown screen is the most of a blue colour on the shutdown screen (by default, unless modded otherwise).

- Make sure that all PCI cards in the back of the computer are securely placed correctly, and the same for RAM.

DOes the pc run at least if a pci was not in place or rams were not in place?? i doubt :)

RE: RE: Pc doesn't shutdown by Anubis on 09-08-2005 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
DOes the pc run at least if a pci was not in place or rams were not in place?? i doubt :)

Before doubting my advice, perhaps you should actually look into the matter and learn about hardware a little more, as you obviously don't know that much about hardware to shun advice about devices that have to do with the shutdown procedure.

I'm using my time to help you with a problem. If you act rude and cocky in responce to advice, people will not help you as much and resent you, fact.

1) Yes, a PCI slot simply connects hardware to the motherboard, and yes, even if it has a loose connection it will work, however if it is improperly placed in the slot problems can happen such as when the computer shuts down it is unable to read the advice.

2) If any of the RAM cards are improperly installed, again, yes the computer can read them at start up but have problems accsessing and proforming necercerry actions at start up.

It only takes a PCI slot to be slightly out of place for problems like this to happen. As for RAM, if one of the cards are slightly damaged, this problem can happen.
RE: Pc doesn't shutdown by RaceProUK on 09-08-2005 at 05:48 PM

Then again, my RAM and PCI cards are all properly installed, and I occasionally get the problem.

RE: Pc doesn't shutdown by zaher1988 on 09-08-2005 at 06:37 PM

Allright Anubis:) thx, but beleive me i wasn't saying it in a ruddy way !! just a question :S

i will ask him to check :) thanks again