Shoutbox

Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? (/showthread.php?tid=50165)

Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by somin_le on 09-07-2005 at 01:04 PM

I wonder why msn plus cant show that.
If someone can build a plugin for msn plus which can show who blocks our nicks and allow us to chat with that person.
It's really cool plugin I think.(Y)

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by saralk on 09-07-2005 at 01:19 PM

due to the way MSN Messenger works, this is impossible.

see this thread

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by cyberlords on 09-07-2005 at 05:10 PM

How to chat with people who blocks us ?
stuff plug! www.stuffplug.com

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us by absorbation on 09-07-2005 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cyberlords
How to chat with people who blocks us ?
stuff plug! www.stuffplug.com

Note: They must have a connection through the server to your msn e.g have the convosation left open which is very hard to make your contact do so the feature is usally used for talking to people while your status if offline ;)

[Image: stuffplug.jpg]
Screenshot
RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by dgelwin on 09-08-2005 at 04:40 AM

Click Me go to this url if you want to find out who has blocked our deleted you. and to chat with them use stuffplug, thats what i do

P.S. dont forget to log in invisibly after using this site, it changes your nick to the sites addres to promote itself but if you log in invisible you can change your nick back so no one notices that you have used it :D

RE: RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who block by CookieRevised on 09-08-2005 at 04:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dgelwin
Click Me go to this url if you want to find out who has blocked you.
click & read >> Block checkers DO NOT work << click & read

There is no possible accurate way to know if a contact has blocked you.

(and if it isn't accurate; you can not know if the contact has blocked you or is simply offline or appears to be offline)

No matter, what you may believe or not, no matter what online sites let you believe, these are facts and this is simply the way the MSN Messenger protocal works; it is programmed that way. There is no hack or whatever for this.

----------------

As for StuffPlug and its ability to talk to someone who have blocked you, the note that Absorbation gave is very important:
quote:
Note: They must have a connection through the server to your msn
e.g have the conversation left open which is very hard to make your contact do so the feature is usally used for talking to people while your status if offline.

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by Giulia on 09-09-2005 at 04:41 PM

I have read why it's not possible, so why don't we update the feature in order to change the system ?
Like that, even if people has ticked the line "Only allowed contacts can see me and send me messages", we could be able to see if they have blocked us.

I let professional answer, I'm not enough good at computer to answer.

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by L. Coyote on 09-09-2005 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Giulia
I have read why it's not possible, so why don't we update the feature in order to change the system ?
Like that, even if people has ticked the line "Only allowed contacts can see me and send me messages", we could be able to see if they have blocked us.

I let professional answer, I'm not enough good at computer to answer.
Because that's up to Microsoft. And they won't do that, it's just plain useless if you're going to have an option which you won't obey. :s
RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us by Giulia on 09-09-2005 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Because that's up to Microsoft. And they won't do that, it's just plain useless if you're going to have an option which you won't obey.
Can you explain me a little bit more, please ? ^o)
Some plug-ins disobey to Microsoft like when we can talk to blocked people. Because if normally they are blocked, it means that they don't want to talk to you. So you disobey to Microsoft.
So we can change the plug-in to make it work even if people has ticked the "Ony allow...".

Thanks

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by L. Coyote on 09-09-2005 at 04:56 PM

Meh, talking to blocked people and seeing the status of the people who block you is different.

IIRC, talking to blocked people depends more on the software than the protocol.

However, seeing the status of the people who blocked you depends on the protocol. And that is something Microsoft controls, not a plugin (and much less MsgPlus!).

Some things might not be really as I say them, but the general fact is.

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by NiteMare on 09-09-2005 at 04:59 PM

quote:
Can you explain me a little bit more, please ?
Some plug-ins disobey to Microsoft like when we can talk to blocked people

well those plug ins only tweak the signals that MSN sends or turns off signals such as the grayed out text box that prevents you from talking to people you've blocked,

but the fetaure request here is not possable due to teh way msn is run, the cod eand protocols can not be modifed, as they are on the MSN server, or they are vital for MSN to run properly

if i'm wrong here, somebody can correct me
RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by Giulia on 09-09-2005 at 04:59 PM

Ok so difference between software and protocol, but I don't know what's the difference between them.
Why a plug-in can't control a protocol ?
Ok I have really to take classes in computer, since I am so ignorent ;)

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by NiteMare on 09-09-2005 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Ok so difference between software and protocol, but I don't know what's the difference between them.
Why a plug-in can't control a protocol ?
Ok I have really to take classes in computer, since I am so ignorent ;)

protocols are contained inside software, and a plugin cant control protocols because, it would completely screw up MSN, as other fetaures and protocals rely on each other, or some protocols or signals are not specific enough to make a plug in for it (i.e. the open/close conversation plugin, which is proven unreliable)
RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by Giulia on 09-09-2005 at 05:05 PM

Thanks for the explanation :)
Now it's clear for me. Thanks guys for your answer :D

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us by CookieRevised on 09-10-2005 at 12:33 AM

The protocol is the way two different things communicate with eachother, so they know what to do.

A protocol is like a langauge. We speak English here, that's the protocol. If I started to change some words in that language, you wouldn't understand me anymore.

You can't change the protocol, you can only change (parts of) the software that is using the protocol. (eg: I can't change the English language, but you and me could change/learn the new code so we understand eachother again; but still others wouldn't).

If a protocol doesn't allow something, you can't change/force it otherwise. If the protocol doesn't allow people to know if they are blocked when you've ticked the privacy option "only allow people on my allow list to see my status", you can't force it into still allowing it; You could change the software all you want, you can't change the protocol it uses to communicate.

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by Entice on 09-10-2005 at 08:28 AM

Just stay on the good side of people?

RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ? by linx05 on 09-10-2005 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Entice
Just stay on the good side of people?
I like to quote multimillion2k:

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
I have a theory:
Desire to discover who is blocking you = Desire of your contacts to block you

p.s that was a great way of descibing it CookieRevised!