Shoutbox

Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC (/showthread.php?tid=50170)

Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC by zaher1988 on 09-07-2005 at 04:49 PM

Hey guys

I got an I MATE Pocket PC, and i'm using it till now as a mobile and pocket pc, but still didn't use it for WAP GPRS.

so i subscribed thr wasp gprs from my service provider

and they provided me these info

HomePage   http://wap.alfa.com.lb
Bearer GPRS
Proxy IP 192.168.023.050
APN wap.mic1.com.lb
Username mic1
Password mic1

and i made all settings, but for the PROXY IP thing, i didn't know where to put it, is it the DNS IP or the specific IP , or it's in somewhere else, coz in both cases i couldn't connent.

ok look when i make all the settings and go to IE in my pocket, and type any URL, it says connecting to GPRS then it says the page you're looking for cannot be found. though i tried many pages :)

so if someone knows a little about these settings just pls help me :)

RE: Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC by RaceProUK on 09-07-2005 at 05:20 PM

Proxy is not DNS or your IP, it's the IP of the machine you go through to get to the Internet. SO somewhere there should be a Proxy Server setting that you put that IP into.

RE: Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC by zaher1988 on 09-07-2005 at 06:01 PM

i know that proxy is that ! :P but i mean i just can't find a place for it in the GPRS settings :S

NB , it says it's connected, but page cannot be found

RE: Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC by multimillion2k on 09-07-2005 at 07:36 PM

I'm not sure if mine is the same as yours, but try this:
Start -> Settings -> Connections -> GSM/GPRS Settings -> Edit Network Parameters -> WAP Information -> WAP Gateway
I don't know what port to use though.
The other IP settings should be set to Dynamic.

Your connection settings will also affect your connectivity (Next to the GSM/GPRS settings). Tap the nice little help buttons, they provide useful information.

RE: Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC by RaceProUK on 09-07-2005 at 07:36 PM

Ah OK, I misunderstood your post zaher :-$

A proxy with a 192.168.*.* address sounds a bit wrong to me. That sort of address is usually used on LANs behind a NAT router, not proxy servers.

RE: Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC by multimillion2k on 09-07-2005 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
A proxy with a 192.168.*.* address sounds a bit wrong to me. That sort of address is usually used on LANs behind a NAT router, not proxy servers.
Yeah, that's what I noticed too. But perhaps if it's a smaller country it's not so much of an issue?
RE: Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC by zaher1988 on 09-07-2005 at 07:55 PM

i go this way

start>settings>there is gprs setting and there is connections

i clicked connections > add a new modem connection > i name it, then i select a moden as cellular line(gprs) > the access point name :wap.mic1.com.lb  > user and pass :mic1 , and i click on advance > servers > dns and put the ip 192.168.023.050
> then finish ok :)

so i also found the GPRS setting in control panel, but it says PAP authentication  and CHAP authentication, i dont know which one to choose :S

and also it says class 8 or class 10. :S also dont know it .

and i tried to connect it works , says connected, but when i try to browse a page , it says can't be found :)

RE: Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC by multimillion2k on 09-07-2005 at 08:10 PM

I really don't know, this isn't my forte. I'm not sure about some of the settings you just mentioned.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that you could only access supported sites using WAP?

RE: Wap GPRS settings for I MATE Pocket PC by zaher1988 on 09-07-2005 at 08:14 PM

no actually i can type google.com in opera for example( on a s60 phone) and i get the same google, and many of my friends go to w...se...com !! u know it :P full of photos :P

:)thx