Shoutbox

winamp 5.1 problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: winamp 5.1 problem (/showthread.php?tid=50177)

winamp 5.1 problem by guanako on 09-07-2005 at 06:02 PM

ok this morning i started winamp like usual,, it told me v5.1 was avaible to download, so i did but once i start the installation i get the erro (see attachment) i click retry nathing...i click ignore and the installation continues and finishes, but once i run winamp it is still at 5.0 and it tells me again there is an update :S help....:(

RE: winamp 5.1 problem by Millenium_edition on 09-07-2005 at 06:05 PM

press control+alt+delete and check if it's running. if not, try checking for winamp agent or some software which could be using it. are you sure you have the required privileges?

a (very radical i must say) solution is to save the setup file somewhere and install it in safe mode

RE: winamp 5.1 problem by guanako on 09-07-2005 at 06:08 PM

yea i have them i been running 5.0 since it came out and it wouldnt tell me to update if i didnt have the requairements :S

RE: winamp 5.1 problem by Millenium_edition on 09-07-2005 at 06:22 PM

that's a nice screenie, but can you check the lower processes too?

RE: winamp 5.1 problem by guanako on 09-07-2005 at 06:30 PM

there is nothing that i can relate to winamp :( wat has been happening is that i am running it 5.0 and automatilly pops up to the top :S it so weird and i try unistalling and deleting evrythin even the winamp folder and it sas winamp.exe is being use but i cant see it :(

update: :^) winamp just closed by it self :(

RE: winamp 5.1 problem by RaceProUK on 09-07-2005 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
that's a nice screenie, but can you check the lower processes too?
It's sorted Z-A mate :P

When you run the installer, does it ask you to close WinAmp?
RE: winamp 5.1 problem by guanako on 09-08-2005 at 02:41 AM

i fixed it :D
for everyone w. this problem i loged on as administrator and deleted the old winamp folder, and it works now (Y) just one bug winamp  pops up to top wheneve and i hate it takes my focus away from any window :@