Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! (/showthread.php?tid=50204)

Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Patchou on 09-08-2005 at 05:48 AM

Hey everyone,

I am very pleased to say that despite the unfair problems caused by Microsoft Anti-Spyware, Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! the current statistics clearly show without the shadow of a doubt that Messenger Plus! is still your preferred MSN Messenger add-on with its continuous increase of user base and its 120,000 daily installations, all year long. The sound feature is even becoming too popular on its own: the sound servers had to be updated again recently to accept the millions of requests you send to them every day. By the end of the year, probably more than a billion sounds will have been exchanged on this service, all for free :).

The petition is doing extremely well too, much more than expected actually as more people seem to be interested in defending their add-on against injustices than they are interested to win a PSP or a laptop: surprising but in a very good way :). I found many comments from people who are not supporters of Messenger Plus!, who don't agree with distributing an optional sponsor but who still understand that the petition is about something much more important than that. When browsing the web for opposite comments, the only thing I could find seemed to come from a few people who still don't get that the petition is not about the sponsor but about the misdetection of Messenger Plus! by MSAS and the lies/fear it propagates. I wish some of those people learnt to read before they wasted some precious server space with articles out of subject and often deprived of common sense (articles that also tend to insult my whole user base with their single-minded comments about the Messenger Plus! users community, showing the level of intelligence of their authors).

That being said, I'm glad to announce that a date has been set for the release of Messenger Plus! 3.60: Tuesday 27th of September. In this release, expect bug fixes (with Messenger 7.5 for example), improvements in the Custom Sounds, and a couple of new features like the much awaited Tabbed Chats and the file triggers. Also, because you asked for it and because Messenger Plus! now needs a License Agreement on its own, the setup has been changed to make 200% sure nobody mistakes the Sponsor Agreement for something else (it was already hard before but some people raised some valid points about the agreement window and I don't intend to ignore any of my users).

Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Jolo on 09-08-2005 at 06:00 AM

Great News!

Millions of Messenger Plus! Fans Can't Be Wrong!

Cheers! :D

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by GroteSmurf on 09-08-2005 at 06:04 AM

Congratulations with the ever growing number of users of Messenger Plus! As Jolo said: they can't be wrong! :-D

OMG: do we have to wait until the 27th of September before the new version of Messenger Plus! will arrive? ;-) I'm sure it's worth waiting for, at least I'm looking forward to it! :-)

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by J.J on 09-08-2005 at 06:23 AM

Awesome news all round Patchou :happy:

I'm hanging for the new release :grin: I'm more excited about this release than any other one before! The tabbed convos look great, i can't wait test them out

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Chrono on 09-08-2005 at 06:28 AM

omg 120000 downloads daily :shocked:

:banana:

well done pitcho :D

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Stigmata on 09-08-2005 at 06:30 AM

Its all good, its all good

:)

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Th3rmal on 09-08-2005 at 06:39 AM

WOOT!!!!! yay i cnt w8 for the new version of msn plus!. patchou u deserve a pat on the bak.

Thx for all ur hard work;)

btw. congratz on ur daily downloads :D

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by expert on 09-08-2005 at 06:50 AM

woot thats awesome:banana:go patchou
/offtopic how much percent of the people download the sponser prolly alot

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Nathan on 09-08-2005 at 06:53 AM

Oh yer, that's one day after my bday. I've got a birthday treat which is to download the new msg!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by user27089 on 09-08-2005 at 06:59 AM

Great news Patchou, I'm really happy for you!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by linx05 on 09-08-2005 at 07:03 AM

Great job!

Btw, I didn't know you could send personalised Messenger Toasts with a link on it. Very cool Patchou! You should do it more often!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Pure_BY on 09-08-2005 at 08:52 AM

Good to hear that all. By the way, how many active MsgPlus! users are there today?

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by zaher1988 on 09-08-2005 at 09:00 AM

WOWWWWWWW:P:S:$

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by KeyStorm on 09-08-2005 at 09:00 AM

Great news. Congratulations :)

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Luigi on 09-08-2005 at 09:01 AM

It's only Patchou downloading Plus! by himself 120,000 times at day.... Don't you think? :P
Eheheh, good news however :D

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by RaceProUK on 09-08-2005 at 09:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
a couple of new features like the much awaited Tabbed Chats and the file triggers
What's this then?

And I suppose I'll join in with all the congrats offerings ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Rik on 09-08-2005 at 09:11 AM

Great to hear good news patchou!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Apatik on 09-08-2005 at 10:05 AM

yeah, some work for us at last :p

A !

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by L. Coyote on 09-08-2005 at 10:09 AM

:banana: Yay! Congratulations, Patchou and MsgPlus! community! :o)

This is going to be a great (end of) month!

Pss, anything new about the API? :p

* L. Coyote hides.

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Lieter on 09-08-2005 at 10:44 AM

w00000t.. you are the man patchou.. tabbed browsing will be soooo cool :D

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by RaceProUK on 09-08-2005 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Didn't Patchou mention something about being able to add to the event logger at some point? Or am I remembering wrong?

And I'd like to know what this 'file triggers' business is about too.
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by qgroessl on 09-08-2005 at 11:46 AM

quote:
Tuesday 27th of September

Hmm... :p school night ;)... Hopefully I don't have to stay up too late!
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Chestah on 09-08-2005 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Didn't Patchou mention something about being able to add to the event logger at some point? Or am I remembering wrong?

And I'd like to know what this 'file triggers' business is about too.
Yes Patchou did mention that in the new API you will beable to add logs to the event logger :)!

Its only a matter of time now to the release, u'll find out more about the included features then :)!
Trust me, theres a couple of good ones in there :P!

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by linx05 on 09-08-2005 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Yes Patchou did mention that in the new API you will beable to add logs to the event logger :)!
Sounds like the request someone made in the StuffPlug forum will be added in a future release (Y)
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by mwe99 on 09-08-2005 at 01:23 PM

Quick Question: - What time zone will it be when its released cos GMT is later or earlier.

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Mnjul on 09-08-2005 at 02:20 PM

That means I won't lose my job here too soon? Great :gfdrin:

OK Just kidding. That's really a piece of great news from you, Patchi :D

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by trevor17 on 09-08-2005 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
Oh yer, that's one day after my bday. I've got a birthday treat which is to download the new msg!!!

my birthday is 27th :)
thanx for the present patchou!!!lol
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by user35870 on 09-08-2005 at 03:03 PM

Well Done Patchou (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by huwnet on 09-08-2005 at 04:06 PM

Great. Thanks for the update (y)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by MeEtc on 09-08-2005 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Quick Question: - What time zone will it be when its released cos GMT is later or earlier.

Patchou is in the Eastern time zone, AFAIK. GMT+4h
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by einum on 09-08-2005 at 04:47 PM

Not GMT+4, because Norway - where I live - is GMT+1, and as far as I know Patchou doesn't live somewhere in Russia! :D I think you mean GMT-4.

One other thing, I thought Eastern time was GMT-5, but I might of course be wrong, or confused by variation in DST...

Edit: FYI: This is posted 6:50 PM GMT+1.

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by toddy on 09-08-2005 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by einum
Not GMT+4, because Norway - where I live, is GMT+1, and as far as I know Patchou doesn't live somewhere in Russia! :D I think you mean GMT-4.

yeh its minus 4.....he lives in canada
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by cyberlords on 09-08-2005 at 05:27 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
Great News

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by CookieRevised on 09-08-2005 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by einum
Not GMT+4, because Norway - where I live, is GMT+1, and as far as I know Patchou doesn't live somewhere in Russia! :D I think you mean GMT-4.
yeh its minus 4.....he lives in canada
That depends on Daylight Saving Time, which is still active atm until the end of october...

with DST, Patchou's timezone is GMT-4
without DST, Patchou's timezone is GMT-5

see Patchou's time here

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by blackjack on 09-08-2005 at 05:49 PM

Good news (y) I cant wait :D

Tabbed convos :bow:

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by pihug12 on 09-08-2005 at 06:06 PM

Great !

In France, we can have MsgPlus! 3.60 six hours later.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/difference.html?p1=165 (see Paris).

I can't wait !!
pihug12(H)

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Negro_Joe on 09-08-2005 at 06:09 PM

I <3 msg plus and the forums i always used to see traxor on them and used to think it was lame, yes, i did. i was such a fool. im on these forums as often as possible now. :D

thnx patchou.

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Patchou on 09-08-2005 at 06:14 PM

I'm at GMT-5.

File triggers will let you share files automatically with your contacts by settings a trigger command. For example, you can set it so that if anyone sends you "!newphotos" it sends the last photos you took on a trip. People can browse through the files you are sharing, etc...

And yes, the API has been updated to let plugins add whatever they want in th event log :).

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Max on 09-08-2005 at 06:47 PM

Is this going to be the final update? I mean, you were saying that it might be the last, I hope it isn't.

I can't wait for 3.60, it is going to be brilliant.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by CookieRevised on 09-08-2005 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patches
Is this going to be the final update? I mean, you were saying that it might be the last, I hope it isn't.

I can't wait for 3.60, it is going to be brilliant.

there are too many new things to be the absolute final one (and there are most likely also still things which Patchou wants to add in a later release) don't worry :p ;)

I didn't say this though, I was never here....

whooooooooooosh..... /me dissapears

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Choli on 09-08-2005 at 07:42 PM

nice to read that, Patchou :)

well done!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by [Tin_Man] on 09-08-2005 at 07:45 PM

The new version souds great :D

Patchou, I really need you to see this post. I'm already have suggested this, and the only conclusion I got was that only you can do this! I tried to contact you by PM but nothing, so I don't think you know about this suggestion...

Very of my contacts have in their Names or Personal Message some URLs, and the thing is that I don't like to write the site letter by letter... and for know the only thing plugins can do is to in a conversation we can click the link... and this don't work if the link is on the Personal Message... so my suggestion is this:
Can you do some kind of menu were all the URLs a person have in the name can be found a then open?

Example: http://familyguy.freeunixhost.com/openlink.jpg
[Image: openlink.jpg]

I'm sorry for my poor english, hope you understand it, and please, even if you don't like the idea or you not going to implement it for know, at least tell me know that you read this ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by albert on 09-08-2005 at 08:07 PM

Ill be waiting :) (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by stuartbennett on 09-08-2005 at 08:29 PM

congratulations on the downloads patch. great news to know when new plus is coming i will download it as soon as i get back from work on that day.

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Robinski on 09-08-2005 at 09:00 PM

Great news... :D

to bad it's not one day later...
It would have been a great Birthday gift :P

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by steVenB on 09-08-2005 at 09:03 PM

Congrats! I cant wait for tabbed conversation windows!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by [MR] on 09-08-2005 at 09:15 PM

finally the next Plus! will be with us :)

RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by einum on 09-08-2005 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That depends on Daylight Saving Time, which is still active atm until the end of october...

with DST, Patchou's timezone is GMT-4
without DST, Patchou's timezone is GMT-5
Now I remember it, technically we are at GMT+2 in Norway during DST. And UK is om GMT+1 (if they have DST). A bit confusing living in Greenwich and the time zone is GMT+1! :D
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Lucide on 09-08-2005 at 10:03 PM

I think that the Anti-Spyware division of Microsoft should take care of curtain kind of things, and not just blindfull say that the mistake is at msn messenger. I think MSN messenger is doing good things with there software, there responsible for a lot of contact between millions of people all over the world. I use it for bussines as for private, and that can only be good. I say there's nothing wrong with my computer when im using msn and msn say it also, so that makes 2 against 1...If Microsoft not changing here software, then they are the spyware for taking away the contact between people.

Good Luck Patchou

Michael, the Netherlands

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by seraphoenix77 on 09-09-2005 at 02:00 AM

Awesome work as usual Patchou! Glad to hear the voices of people who appreciate MsgPlus as much as most of us here do!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by RebelSean on 09-09-2005 at 02:07 AM

Good news. Tis great to know you have so many supporters for your product, eh Patchou?

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by guanako on 09-09-2005 at 05:44 AM

cant wait for it :drool::dodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by YottabyteWizard on 09-09-2005 at 06:37 AM

Just excelent Patchou! Keep up the good work! I can't wait for this release, I'm a tabbed windows fan... at last...

I'm pretty sure people who's agains the sponsor of Msgplus and as you say: "still don't get that the petition is not about the sponsor but about the misdetection of Messenger Plus! by MSAS" also don't know the truths of all this problems.

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by shine on 09-09-2005 at 09:35 AM

Wow Patchou..(y) so we can expect a fully loaded server on 27th!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by ShawnZ on 09-09-2005 at 09:47 AM

quote:
And yes, the API has been updated to let plugins add whatever they want in th event log

:drool:
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Lou on 09-09-2005 at 10:29 AM

woot woot for the new version on the 27th:D Its a must have:P Well Patchou, You've been doing a great job. So maybe once its released you could take two weeks off and play video games again?:P

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by guanako on 09-09-2005 at 12:22 PM

two weeks aint enogh give him like 2 months :p unitl MSN messenger 8 comes out :D

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Pr0xY on 09-09-2005 at 03:18 PM

Congrats Patchou, I;m happy to hear how good MsgPlus! is doing.  You sure did make a gread add-on.  GO YOU!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by NiteMare on 09-09-2005 at 06:38 PM

i've read this thread, and we've talked about what time zone its being releaced in, but i can't find out what time of day its being releaced,

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by guanako on 09-09-2005 at 06:54 PM

sep 27th at 12:oo am Patchou's time  :P

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Voldemort on 09-10-2005 at 06:54 PM

hey...
cant patchou change the name of the executable file? like being msgplus1.exe so msas wont detect it...
dunno if it will work, just an idea
instead of msgplus.exe of couse

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Eljay on 09-10-2005 at 06:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
hey...
cant patchou change the name of the executable file? like being msgplus1.exe so msas wont detect it...

that would make it seem like msgplus is actually spyware and that patchou is trying to get around it
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Lou on 09-10-2005 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
hey...

:dodgy:
quote:
Originally posted by guanako
sep 27th at 12:oo am Patchou's time  :P
:)
12:00 am

Use the no parse;)
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by lordy on 09-11-2005 at 01:13 AM

woo hoo! sounds goodo! cant wait for this new release

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Pipish on 09-11-2005 at 08:19 AM

Great news patchou that must be a really good thing for you to hear :)

keep them updates comming:D

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Chestah on 09-12-2005 at 06:24 AM

Let's hype up Msgplus 3.60 ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Purity on 09-12-2005 at 06:35 AM

THATS FUCKIN AWSOME! 120 000 downloads a day, holy fuck.: o

Think its time to party.

Patchou, lets get drunk!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Lou on 09-12-2005 at 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
Patchou, lets get drunk!
cheers to that(y)(b) BUt your only two years older than me:dodgy: too young8-)
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by YottabyteWizard on 09-12-2005 at 04:22 PM

Patchous' time is wich timezone in GMT?

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by L. Coyote on 09-12-2005 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
Patchous' time is wich timezone in GMT?
CookieRevised's reply

Patchou's reply

Both in this thread. *-)
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by nus on 09-13-2005 at 01:34 PM

nus i't's ready to work and will improve the catalan translation once again. Our translation will be better will be the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(vull ser alfa :( [i.e. i want to be an official tester, i'm the last win98 on the earth. But i'm running under win98 and when i test it crashes.... it's not fair])

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by rix on 09-13-2005 at 02:36 PM

* rix got translation note last night and has seen the beta :D

We, translators, have more work to do than last couple of times. Fortunately, it makes Plus! better. New setup is very good, specially for those, who have had problems with sponsor installation.

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by dennis on 09-14-2005 at 04:47 AM

congratulations MSN PLUS IS HUGE....lets get it bigger!!! spread the word everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Lou on 09-15-2005 at 09:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
MSN PLUS
messenger plus:dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
spread the word everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are (y) :)
RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Ezra on 09-15-2005 at 10:31 PM

120.000 installs a day, I don't know how to spread even further :P

The program spreads itself :D, it's that good!

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by sonic2602 on 09-20-2005 at 01:59 AM

I canīt download the messenger plus!!! Do you Know why????

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by briosky on 09-20-2005 at 03:42 AM

I can't wait to see the new version
good job d00d
don't let the c-asser-oles deceive ya

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by JadeRovo on 06-08-2006 at 09:09 PM

Messenger Plus Is the best thing in the world ever! We should all hail the statue of Patchou. (If we had one) Hey we should get one :d

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by Stef on 06-09-2006 at 09:46 AM

many people don't use the WLM, because they don't have plus than :p lol

i can understand this, plus is the best (H)

RE: Messenger Plus! is more popular than ever! by John Anderton on 06-09-2006 at 09:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JadeRovo
Messenger Plus Is the best thing in the world ever! We should all hail the statue of Patchou. (If we had one) Hey we should get one :d
Thanks for bringing back an ancient topic :-/
Im guessing this old one was brought back cause all the new ones were aptly locked ?

This thread has served its purpose ... could it be locked ? :)